The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Canceled and renewed TV show

423 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Judith says

I agree with the comment on reality shows , enough already thats all that is on with the Glades at least it was something worth while to watch, please don`t cancel

2. Shirley says

You cannot leave a cliffhanger as a last show. It should definitely be renewed. I have
    invested 4 seasons on this show, I think it is terrific and should go on.

3. Anonymous says

I look forward to seeing THE GLADES each season. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT. I am so sick of reality shows. Please don’t cancel one of the very few shows I enjoy.

4. Mary Lamica says

How can they cancel the series after leaving it with the main character being shot!!!! At the very least they should have a short run to wrap it up. What are they thinking – stupid people shouldn’t run the networks to end it like that.

5. John robertson says

I really liked The Glades. It had a short term
    resolution to each story plus a long running
    plot involving the love interest between
    the two main characters. I would like to
    see at least a resolution episode.
    This type of show is why I watch Castle
    a lot. I am REALLY tired of reality shows!

6. Mel Jackson says

I agree with the statement about “reality tv”…i watch tv to escape reality & I am sick of other peoples so-called reality. Whoeverdecides what is good tv & not good tv need to get the reality check… Do away with the reality tv, especially the rich set…most people arent rich & I know I dont want to see people squander money when I’m out here struggling…BRING BACK “THE GLADES”….!!!

7. Mel Jackson says

I agree with the statement about “reality tv”…i watch tv to escape reality & I am sick of other peoples so-called reality. Whoeverdecides what is good tv & not good tv need to get the reality check… Do away with the reality tv, especially the rich set…most people arent rich & I know I dont want to see people squander mney when I’m out here struggling…BRING ON “THE GLADES”….

8. Maria says

Please bring back the Glades. We need to know who shot JIm. And finally we need to see the two get married. It’s not fair the network left so many stories unanswered. Not fair. Just because you didn’t have big ratings. but I do think that 2.7 million is alot. Bring it back

9. Spiceysap says

Please renew Season 5… I love how all the characters have come together and need to know “Who Shot Jim!”. Not sure how the measure subscribers when most people watch on Netflicks these days..

10. Barb Watson says

I cannot understand how all the reality shows go on and a show like longmiere & the glades is off the tv ,storage wars and the like seem to go on .I guess we will all have to quit watching tv,

11. Stacy Carey says

Please do not cancel this show. My family lived for Monday nights just to see how many people Jim would accuse of murder. We have watched it from the beginning and hate to see it go.

12. Phyllis says

Do not cancel this show, it is a lot better than some of the so called reality shows. I always looked forward to Monday nights.

13. says

Please keep this program I lived for ever Monday to come on so I could watch The Glades
    I am 72 years old and this program is the best I have ever watched for a series