The Simpsons: Season 26 Renewal for FOX Series

The Simpsons season 26FOX has renewed The Simpsons for a 26th season. This will take the animated series through the 2014-15 season and word is that the voice cast is all on board for the next round of episodes.

Despite having been on the air for more than 25 years, The Simpsons remains one of the network’s top series. It’s currently FOX’s second-highest rated series (behind only Sleepy Hollow).

Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment at Fox, said, “For more than a quarter of a century, The Simpsons has captured the hearts andminds of fans in a way that transcends ages, languages and cultures. This groundbreaking series is not only the longest-running scripted show in television history, it’s one of the greatest sitcoms of our time, and I’m looking forward to yet another landmark season.”

What do you think? Are you glad that The Simpsons is staying in primetime? How long do you think it will run?

SIMPSONFAN October 20, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I THINK THE SIMPSONS IS A GREAT SHOW

Gary Myrie June 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I think the series should go on intill it reaches its 30th or 31st season because I still love the Simpsons I admit the newer episodes suck but they are still not bad its at least making sense because come on good new episodes that 90s episode,the episode were bart becomes an underground turned mainstream street artist,and the day the earth stood cool,last the one where marge becomes an owner of a gym and the infamous ok go-here it goes again parody.Give it a chance it still makes reasonable but not that funny cause they have made comebacks after the Simpsons movie season 19 great season and my opinion season 23 are good seasons look just give it a chance it has its ups but mostly downs and I watched more newer episodes then the older ones

DantheMan June 9, 2014 at 5:31 pm

All great shows get stale and boring after a while but The Simpsons is as fresh and funny now as it ever has been. Definitely one of the greatest shows off all time and I sincerely hope we see a few more seasons.

fdiougu January 1, 2014 at 11:13 am

It’s much better to say good bye to the shitty show called The Simpsons because there’s too much in it anyways… Besides it sucks ass already… and always had.

Ben December 7, 2013 at 5:36 pm

The Simpsons have been on the air since I was 13. I’m now in my 30’s!

Anonymous December 7, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Married With Children was the longest running Fox show until it was cancelled by FOX in 1997. The cast never got to do a final show! Perhaps The Simpsons will have the same fate!!!

Joe Palmieri October 5, 2013 at 4:15 pm

I disagree and you know what difference does it make if you are unhappy with the newer episodes you don;t need to watch them, I personally think they are still exciting and fresh, when I look back at the original episodes I feel though they are classic, the new ones are more exciting and I would choose watching one from now than in the past. and this is coming from a die hard fan i own every VHS, dvd and blu ray of the series, My collection is humongous on memorabilia and collectibles. I say keep on making them! We have a whole new generation enjoying the simpsons from the attractions at Universal to the merchandise, comic books etc! I admit there was a period during the later seasons that the show didn’t have the best episodes but to me, all 500+ episodes are great in their own way and I hope they keep making more. I hope you guys don;t feel I was insulting you.. I just get tired of aways hearing people knock and put down shows when they get renewed there’s enough new television shows out every day so why can’t something as great as the Simpsons just keep going on and people appreciate it!!!

Sammy66 October 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I Agree With You 100% And Thank You

Jim J. October 7, 2013 at 2:00 am

There’s always the option of the cast and crew moving on to other projects. Maybe a TV show with a “floating timeline” and no episode-to-episode story arcs just isn’t worth running forever as a first-run series. I know that “The Simpsons” has had hundreds of great TV shows come and go during its long tenure. All great scripted TV shows have to end their original runs eventually.

Jim J. October 5, 2013 at 12:01 am

I wish they’d allow “The Simpsons” to get a proper send-off while it is still on top creatively and ratings-wise instead of just renewing it for more blah seasons. It has a lot more than enough episodes (around 570 by the end of the 26th season) to keep running in syndication for a long time. FOX Network should put its resources on brand-new animated shows.

Dimples87 October 5, 2013 at 3:23 am

I wholeheartedly 100% agree with Jim J. “The Simpsons” is on its last leg especially if FOX keeps at it. I think they’ve come along way and now it’s time to say goodbye.