Undateable: Season One Ratings

Undateable TV show on NBC ratingsNBC ordered the Undateable TV series over a year ago but it’s taken them this long to air it — despite the fact that their Thursday schedule had poor ratings all season. That certainly doesn’t sound like a vote of confidence for this new comedy. Will it be quietly cancelled or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned!

Undateable follows a group of single friends who are trying to figure out the fine art of relationships. The cast includes Chris D’Elia, Brent Morin, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman, David Fynn, and Bianca Kajlich.

7/31 update: NBC has renewed Undateable for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Undateable TV show? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

230 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I have been watching this show, and while it is not groundbreaking, it is a good show. There have been a lot worse shows that have made it through to a second season.

Unfourtunately Sue, now i don’t have any knowledge on ratings or cost of production, just an assumption, but i cannot imagine Undateable being a show that costs a lot of money to make, compared to a show like Revolution. Undateable uses mainly 2 or 3 sets and has barely any extras in it, while Revolution seems like it would cost more to produce. In saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised if Undateable gets the can although I would certainly watch a second season and I wouldn’t be the only one who would rather watch Undateable than a re-run or a “new reality show” where someone wants to marry a farmer or a new Housewives show. I too like Chris D’Elia from previously from Whitney and the other cast are great, with the stand out being Shelly played by Ron Funches.

2. C Johnson says

NBC…Please order Undateable for a second season and start it in November after something else tanks!!!! This is the funniest show on TV this summer!!! Great cast and great writing. We need more Undateable!

3. Jennifer says

This show gets better every week. For anyone who keeps up with Twitter, Undateable was trending for at least 3-4 hours or longer last night. I read through some of the tweets and I think I saw maybe one or two negative comments but everything else was exceptionally positive. Most of the comments were about how much everyone loves Shelly. For something to trend on Twitter there must be a lot of buzz about it. If anyone from NBC was on Twitter last night keeping up with the chatter, they should know that Undateable has a lot of love. I agree that them showing two episodes at a time isn’t a good sign coupled with how long this show was waiting in the wings. I truly do hope that NBC gives the show a chance. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what NBC thinks will be their “next big thing” that they have to clear their schedules for.

4. gertie says

We think this show is really funny. The cast looks like they really are friends. Can see them all trying not to laugh at each other. This show seems to get funnier each week as we get to know the characters more. Sienfeld got a bad wrap when it started and went on to become gold..This show will do the same if NBC gives it a chance. There is superstar quality in every person in this show. .fingers crossed it comes back.. The Midwest loves Undateable

5. Jason Franklin says

Am I the only person who sees a definite similarity to “Happy Days” with a lovable cast of misfits led by a “cool” guy womanizer i.e. Fonzie and his less cool understudy i.e. Ritchie? Although the wisecracking kid sister i.e. Joanie now belongs to the Fonzie type character. And “Potsie” is now a indeterminate middle eastern guy and “Ralph” is now a large black man.

6. GrinningBear says

Check your brain at the couch.
    Sit back and just laugh.
    A very funny show.
    I hope it stays true.

7. Jennifer says

While I won’t be surprised if NBC decides not to keep Undateable as the networks always seem to cancel the good shows and keep the bad these days, I really do hope they give it a chance. This show makes me laugh every single episode. I love Chris D’Elia and the entire cast here is great. I can have a horrible day, sit down and watch this show and feel better after. I can see where some people might find some of the comedy “silly” but I think if they would give it a chance they wouldn’t find it silly at all. I will be with this show as long as NBC keeps it around.

8. Persistent Cat says

On the guide my cable provider gives, I saw this show but thought it was the American version of the British reality show and couldn’t be bothered to watch. Had I known it was a sitcom, I might have watched.

9. Sue says

This is just unthinkable. Put a dumb ass show like this on, but cancel Revolution. NBC at their best. Idiots.