Archer: FX Comedy Renewed Through Season Seven

Archer season six and season sevenFX has picked up their animated spy comedy, Archer, for seasons six and seven. Each will have 13 episodes and should keep the show on the air through 2016. This will give Archer 88 installments, enough for a syndication package.

The fifth season of Archer is currently airing on Monday nights and the finale slated for April 21st at 10pm.

“Archer is one of the best comedies on television and has played a significant role in the growth of the FX comedy brand,” said FX Networks and FX Productions president of original programming Eric Schrier. “We’re grateful to Adam Reed, Matt Thompson and their team at Floyd County, and also our incredible voice cast, and are looking forward to supporting their work for at least two more seasons.”

What do you think? Do you like Archer? Are you glad to hear it’s been renewed? Do you think season seven should be the end or should it keep going?

12 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. kevin says

My whole family loves this show. We actually watch it together. Looking forward to many more seasons.

2. lance Konrad says

Definitely one of the absolute funniest and original shows on tv. Characters and their voices are amazing. “vice” or otherwise, it’s always a good time. I think they could keep this show going for many seasons to come. Especially a show dealing with world issues and the spy game, there are endless storyline possibilities. I love this show and everyone I’ve ever introduced it to feels the same. I agree with the other commentor who mentioned it would be a huge mistake on fx’s part to cancel it. This show is actually the reason I even started watching anything on FX. Don’t know if anyone who matters to the show reads this, but i hope the comments listed here and below reach them..

3. jeteye says

Wow, really? One of the BEST shows (animated or otherwise) on TV. There are some many jokes, within jokes, that it sometimes makes me laugh the 2nd and 3rd time I see an episode. Archer is the ONLY thing I watch on FX and only 1 or 3 shows I watch at all. Got to keep it in the “Danger Zone!”

4. says

Archer has brought my entire family laughter and even helped us rebond with one another. I think that it will be a sad thing to see archer go. Not only to my family but it may end up costing FX. Many people love watching it and would hope that it would keep going so we can watch the child grow up and see what happens with him/her.

5. patrick says

Omg keep archer forever and these haters about vice can go somewhere it developed the characters and story line. Fx can do whatever they want they’ve done it well so far

6. John says

Look I’ve been watching archer since last year and since then.Have been following with it laughing nearly to death over how funny the story is and how crazy amazing the story gets with each episode I would get rid of family guy ,American dad hell all of Seth McFarlands work just to see this go on much longer,why?Because no other show I know of is good enough to make me want to watch forever or at least until Archer turns over a newer leaf stops hitting on chicks becomes an awesome dad and marries Lana and kicks ass while doing it,expect for the ass kicking part I think it gonna take a while so I’m damn sure I’m in it for the long run an up and downs and so far there have been no down.

7. Jack says

To quote Shawn “I love Archer! I don’t think this season is quite a funny, now that they are kinda poor and looking for money. Liked it better when they did spy stuff, hope it returns to more of that soon.” and I hope that there are going more seasons of this great series. But i have to wait patently becouse I live in the netherlands.

8. krieger says

“Vice” isn’t as good as all the Isis setup. The show is always perfectly cut though so its a complaint to the coloration of the marbling. Not that its mcslime meat like most things on tv.

The worst of the best never mistaking it remains the best.

9. Kat says

It’s definitely one of the best comedies on television currently. It’s not as funny this season, but I tune in for the character developments all the same.

10. Shawn says