Beauty and the Beast: Season One Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsWith a great lead-in, Beauty and the Beast has the best chance of any new CW show this season of getting solid ratings. Will it survive or, like last year’s Secret Circle, or will it be cancelled?

Following a young beautiful homicide detective and her handsome-yet-scarred protector, Beauty and the Beast typically airs Thursday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, and Austin Basis.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Beauty and the Beast will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Episode 01-22: Thursday, 05/16/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.26 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.61 million.

Episode 01-21: Thursday, 05/09/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.63 million.

Episode 01-20: Thursday, 05/02/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.23 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.62 in the demo with 1.65 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a second season.

Episode 01-19: Thursday, 04/25/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.24 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Episode 01-18: Thursday, 04/18/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.59 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.69 million.

Episode 01-17: Thursday, 03/28/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.70 million.

Episode 01-16: Thursday, 03/21/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.72 million (+20% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-15: Thursday, 03/14/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.43 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-14: Thursday, 02/21/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.65 in the demo with 1.73 million.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 02/14/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.40 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.66 in the demo with 1.74 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 02/07/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.48 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 0.67 in the demo with 1.78 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/31/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 1.72 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 01/24/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.79 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/13/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.59 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-08: Thursday, 12/06/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.41 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.69 in the demo with 1.84 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/29/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 1.90 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 11/15/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.56 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 1.96 million.

UPDATE: The CW has given the show a full season of episodes.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 11/08/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.84 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.76 in the demo with 2.04 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 11/01/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.70 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.77 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/25/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.88 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.83 in the demo with 1.88 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/18/12
0.7 in the demo (-42% change) with 2.00 million (-28% change).
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 2.39 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 10/10/12
1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.20 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Year-to-year, compared to The Secret Circle’s premiere in the same post-Vampire Diaries timeslot, the network was down by 8% in the demo (vs a 1.3 rating) and down 8% in viewership (vs 3.05 million). While these numbers were still very good, Beauty and the Beast won’t survive if its numbers fall like Secret Circle’s did.

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

ybsaddSue February 16, 2013 at 4:35 pm

wonderful new series, best series of 2012-2013! Keep the shows coming! Terrific acting great story lines, wonderful new actors are going to get BATB 2012-2013 up for Emmy awards! Thanks Ron!

Anonymous February 16, 2013 at 6:42 am

please don’t cancel beauty and the beast:( i love how the story between Vincent and Cat goes.I’m from the Philippines and I always see to it that I get to see the new episode and re-watch the whole series. I’m a huge fan!

Anita February 14, 2013 at 3:02 am

As a fan, I really want to know; what’s the key to ratings? I can’t always watch a show when it airs, so I’ve been known to DVR it or watch it on http://www.hulu.com (when it’s available). I’ve even gone backwards on http://www.amazon.com and bought earlier episodes of shows so that I can start one mid-season, but not miss out on the earlier episodes.

If you DVR it, how long can you wait before watching it for it to still count in the ratings? or, does that matter at all?

If you watch them on Hulu as I do so often, does that not count at all?

HELP! I don’t want favorite shows to be cancelled because I didn’t get to view it in time or on the right forum. Like Emily Owens, MD ~ smart, funny, sweet and JUST getting started when it was cancelled :(

Anita February 14, 2013 at 2:56 am

RENEW IT! The story and characters have so much growth to reveal! Love the story, love the portrayals by Kristin & Jay, some of the plots could be better developed, but there’s so much hope! DON’T CANCEL IT!

Jumping on board the twitter crusade #GiveBATBSecondSeason

Fiona February 13, 2013 at 12:07 pm

This show is so different from all the other stuff that’s out there to watch. I love the way romance is portrayed, the chemistry between the leads and the way they look out for each other. I have never been so fixated on a show before. This show makes you feel you are really getting to know the characters and you feel all that they are feeling and going through. It really deserves a second season.

Yani February 12, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Please continue this show i crazy them

Andrea Fernández February 11, 2013 at 9:10 am

I love the show, and I think that fans are doing the best to keep the show on air. Please, CW must pay attention to beastes, cause we are forward to B&TB for many seasons to come

Anonymous February 9, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel it…..can’t stop watching!!!!AWESOME

jet February 8, 2013 at 2:58 pm

If we truly love this TV serie i may suggest to go here: http://www.change.org/petitions/the-cw-television-network-get-beauty-and-the-beast-a-second-season?utm_campaign=action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition
and read all the fansite also so you have other option to support our TV SHOW! <3 xx

CN February 8, 2013 at 3:14 am

Please, don’t cancel it! You always cancel the best ones!

aLiEnA February 7, 2013 at 3:41 am

I agree please continue this series, I’m still waiting for the next episode. I love the characters of the show. From the start I’d like the story, so until now I’m still waiting to watch what will happen to Cat & Vincent after the accident.

Samantha February 3, 2013 at 4:54 pm

More beauty and the beast please, when I first saw it advertised on tv I did’t think I like it as usually when they make a remake of a tv show it’s never as good as the original but this is better and I love it so please don’t do what you did to secret circle and cancel lit as just for once I would like to see if things work out for the title characters.

hazel February 3, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Really enjoying this show, please do not cancel it !!! The two leads have great chemistry !!!

Sabb February 3, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I agree too. I haven’t seen for a ling time such a romantic way of showing love- gestures, moves, touches, even when speaking Vincent makes me wanna watch more. I like it. The secret circle didn’t work because followed the same layout as Vampire D but in a boring way… Beauty and the beast is awsome!!!

ronke February 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm

plsssssssssssssssssssssssss…i beg u ………………dont cancel d show……it is one of d best shows i have watched……..and believe me i have watched many…………plsssss….dont cancel it…..plssss