Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Wendy January 29, 2015 at 7:16 pm

That show was so great! Everyone I know wish it was on Again for a season two. Can’t believe it was cancel. !

Britt S January 29, 2015 at 12:05 am

I’m still so upset this show was cancelled . It was really good . I watched every episode and was looking forward to watching many more seasons to come. There’s no other show like Believe . Super dissapointed , I just hope it would get renewed.

Brandie January 27, 2015 at 11:47 pm

I really enjoyed this show , and hoped for a new season of it . Unfortunately it looks though as that won’t be happening . It’s really unfair , you guys need to bring it back !

jamie January 27, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Very disappointed they cancelled believe! It was a great show. Always getting rid of the good ones to keep the crap. Huge bummer

Anonymous January 27, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Loved this show! Absolutely devistated it’s not on anymore. They always cancel all the good shows.. Huge bummer

Hannah January 26, 2015 at 6:38 pm

I loved the tv show now I am in mystery because what is going to happen and I was waiting to see what was going to happen so I am very mad you guys cancelled it

Annie January 26, 2015 at 1:22 am

I’m so sad this believe was cancelled I so want to see what would happen to Bo and Tate. Whyyyyyyy

Wishingwell January 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Why do these tv networks treat the viewers so disrespectfully? So not everyone watched the show. I’m sure with enough time more and more viewers would have tuned in, and especially with the ability to catch up on shows from the beginning with the likes of Sky and Netflix. I recorded the series when it first showed but have only now had time to watch it and I did so back to back episodes! I thoroughly enjoyed it and was left wanting to see more. I agree with the other comments I have read, this show was gentle and uplifting and deserves another chance.

Karen H January 24, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I am extremely upset that Believe was cancelled; I thought the show was amazing.

Terry Birch January 24, 2015 at 2:14 pm

The “Believe” TV show as one of my favorite shows on last year. It should be back on. Why cancel for lack of viewers? I am sure a lot of people liked it. To me it was brilliant. Now there isn’t anything as good on Sundays anymore.

Mr. B. January 22, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Big mistake alright, cancelling Believe based on some ratings. How about cancelling the network on some ratings, I’m sure the networks woulden’t like that and I’m sure they wouldn’t like it if other networks pick-up Believe where they lef it off that’s right.
This is a quality show very well written, directed and played by good hearted Actors, its an uplifting tv show for which the public should have a voice for and not by some network ratings or chart to determine The shows destiny. I’m very sorry to see an uplifting tv shows the likes of Believe that reaches out and touches humanity come to an end like this. I know this comment would not make a difference, or if anyone would ever read this but with one voice we can all be heard and give Believe a second chance, this line is from the show by Bo the (young girl) “because everyone deserves a second chance.”

jman54 January 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Is there a solution to so many great shows being canceled? I keep thinking there should be a place for these shows on the internet, where people could vote or subscribe, maybe for $5. bucks you could pitch in for another season, perhaps the actors and crew would work for a reduced rate to stay on the air, to get exposure. Maybe a vote half way thru a season to see if there was enough support to afford to keep it on. I know it cost a lot to make a show, maybe too much. Just a thought, maybe this is what networks like Netflix already do, is anyone looking at this show? or did they all just walk away. There should at least be some kind of an auction block for shows that don’t do well with the Nielsen ratings.

Seosubh January 21, 2015 at 12:53 pm

How unfortunate viewers ratings declined on a show, which given greater plot development time in episodes, would have built up a following sustainable to the industries standards of justifying production costs, etc…

tamera January 20, 2015 at 11:43 am

This was my favorite show why do yall kill all the good ones take some of the stupid shows off like a boy pls try it for one more season ur see it was worth it

Sarah January 20, 2015 at 6:51 am

I luved the show. There too many killing shows, comedy and fluff – this one had substance but wasn’t full of that heavy suffocating drama. It was nice and uplifting and I got seriously addicted. I really want to see what happens in season 2 and beyond.

Victor Adkins January 28, 2015 at 12:17 am

Yes I do believe you should run another season of believe.