Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Ginnee Poisel September 1, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I loved believe and looked forward to watching it every week. Very disappointed that it was cancelled

Marsha Trynor September 1, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I loved that show it and would hate to see it not picked up for the next few shows.
The show was enjoyable.

Jeannie August 31, 2014 at 10:52 pm

It is a shame that quality television shows such as Believe are canceled, yet shows with no substance (aka: no thinking required) remain. My husband and I have been waiting all summer for the return, and then I just learned on the Internet that NBC has canceled it. This was one of the few NBC shows we watched, and now you have lost us as viewers, too. We hope you will reconsider or sell the show to another station.

Gladys Boland August 31, 2014 at 8:58 pm

My sister-in-law I love watching believe the great storyline for families

Bonnie Merz August 31, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I was very disappointed that they cancelled BELIEVE the little girl that played Bo was a
truely amazing little actress and she believed in the good things AND HOW TO TRUELY
help people, I LOVED THE RELATIONSHIP that was blooming between her and her DAD, and once he found she was his daughter, it was great to see how he protected her.
I hope the CHANNEL reconsiders to renew it or some other Channel does

Maureen Johnson August 31, 2014 at 3:50 am

You have all gone crazy doing this….this show was interesting…..and the stars were real like……I enjoyed this show……I watch it on Demand a lot when it was on….and new every week …..could hardly wait to see it…..I agree with all the others who commented….don’t like a lot of shows either…..there are maybe 6 I really watch…..that are well acted…..this one was one of them…..put it back on…………or sell it to a network that has a brain.

Marie Brown August 31, 2014 at 3:45 am

You idiots….this is one of the best shows out there….why are you cancelling….we are all just getting into the story……put it back on……this will be your biggest mistake ….I agreed with all the others canceled but not this one……booooooo to who ever cancelled it…..fire them…..some shows don’t need big ratings….don’t like 90% of what is on tv but this I did……find your brain and put it back on……………..I mean it

MoJo August 30, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Totally disappointing. It’s amazing that 4 million viewers isn’t enough anymore. I would love to know how they determine these numbers now anyway. Who are the new Nielson families? Clearly, they do not represent me. :(

De Kapco August 29, 2014 at 11:10 pm

This was a good show. They need to give people a chance to see the show before they take it off the air. There have been many times where a show may be on several seasons before I even know about it. I guess they will replace with some of the same junk that is on tv now.

Amylynn August 29, 2014 at 3:53 pm

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT

penny walker August 29, 2014 at 11:16 am

Iam this show not on anymore I looked forward to Watching it ever week i couldn’t wait to see what was gonna happen next.