Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

michelle May 20, 2015 at 4:12 pm

yes, I hope they can or do take into account that people do DVR it. or with HULU and netflix maybe the show could be like one of the Netflix specials. PLEASE….

jman54 May 20, 2015 at 4:57 pm

No they don’t take into account that some watch with a DVR, they only care about Nielsen participants watch, that’s the sole criteria for how it’s rated and that’s how they set advertising prices. The networks don’t change this system because they don’t care, they’re in business to make money and that’s what they care about. I recently read up on Nielsen’s inaccuracy and a couple accounts from Nielsen participants that wrote about the process, it’s completely inaccurate and one guy wrote he thought it was all fake. They sample such a small part of the population, some using little more than a notebook to log they’re viewing habits. Somebody needs to come along with a new ratings system, but they don’t and so great shows get canceled. Somehow Nielsen has this business locked into using only their service.

michelle May 20, 2015 at 4:09 pm

I loved this show! Please bring it back. Me and my son loved watching it together.

Rosie May 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Please bring it back!:(

Rosie May 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm
leilani May 16, 2015 at 12:54 am

I am beyond upsetbit did npt get a second season

Anonymous May 15, 2015 at 3:24 pm

My niece and I watched this show. She’s always asking when it’s coming back on.

Melissa May 15, 2015 at 1:35 am

This is one of my favorite shows why are you canceling. It amazing show.
Im very displeased please bring it back There is nothing like it on T.V.very upset i couldnt wait for it to start. ..

Anonymous May 13, 2015 at 4:48 pm

My Daughters and I watched this show. We keep wIting for it to come back on. I just found out it was cancelled. It was such a great show!! I don’t think you take into account all the people who can’t watch it when it’s on but DVR it!! Please bring it back!!