Believe: NBC Sunday Night Drama Cancelled

Believe TV show canceledBo has some amazing abilities but unfortunately they didn’t help save her series. NBC has cancelled the Believe TV show after one season.

Believe revolves around a young girl who has special abilities and the adults who are trying to protect her. The cast includes Johnny Sequoyah, Jake McLaughlin, Delroy Lindo, Kyle MacLachlan, Jamie Chung, and Arian Moayed.

The series got off to a positive start, thanks to its premiere airing on a Monday night after NBC’s top-rated show, The Voice. Unfortunately only about 60% of that episode’s audience decided to tune in to watch the second episode six days later.

The ratings kept falling lower each week. This week’s installment of Believe drew just a 1.0 demo rating with 4.33 million viewers. Those numbers were just too low to justify ordering a second season.

On the positive side, it appears that NBC plans to order all of the remaining four episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Believe hasn’t been renewed for a second season?

Victoria Wray-Moss October 30, 2014 at 3:01 am

This was a great series with wonderful acting. Please bring it back! There are a lot of us that enjoy positive, intelligent shows…without violence or mind-numbing “reality”.

Cathy Wee October 28, 2014 at 11:32 pm

I am very sad that they cancelled this show. It was a show of hope. They could have taken the plot into an interesting place where the girl could have grown into a spark of goodness. It is so sad they the networks cancel a show that has a positive message.

Jina October 28, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Please bring it back.

Disappointed October 28, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I AM SO DISSAPOINTED!!! EVERY SUNDAY I LOOKED FORWARD TO WATCHING THIS PROGRAM IM NOT A BIG TV PERSON BUT LOVED THIS SHOW,BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Erin Heil October 27, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I loves this show!!! I am sad it’s not coming back! I have been waiting for it to come back and decided to look it up to see when the season premiere was but found it cancelled!

Lisa October 28, 2014 at 9:09 am

I did the same thing, came looking for the next airing to find it gone :(

Anonymous October 27, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I am so sad, this was such a refreshing and uplifting show. I hope they reconsider…

Geg Brennan October 27, 2014 at 7:20 pm

My wife and I are both disappointed that this show has been cancelled.
We just learned of the cancellation by Googling it.

Debra Cooksey October 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm

It is so disappointing to know that this show is cancelled. In my opinion the reality programs are poorly distasteful and the actors in these shows are now ending up either dead or criminals. Enough with these ridiculous so called “Reality” shows. I live in the real world, the people in these stupid shows are not living in any real world.

Kim Rozell October 27, 2014 at 1:33 am

Please bring it back!

Gail Connolley October 26, 2014 at 10:11 am

I’m so mad !!!! A father and Daughter show was excellent I’m really getting tired of shows that aren’t centered around sex and thats a reality shows get canceled my family and I really enjoyed BELIEVE PLEASE RECONSIDER BRING IT BACK PLEASE !!!!

Shon October 26, 2014 at 12:13 am

I loved this show and am so so disappointed it will not be back. We need more clean faith-promoting shows like this. On a positive note, it was a perfect season finale, however.

Charity judd October 25, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I’m terribly dissatisfied, bring it back!

Cat October 25, 2014 at 11:29 am

I really loved Beleive. I am disappointed that they cancelled a show that was so promising.

Bummed Out October 25, 2014 at 9:41 am

I was so looking forward to this season of Believe. It was a good clean positive show. I enjoyed watching it. I rarely make an effort to tune in EVERY week for a show, but this one got me hooked.
We need more positive and hopeful shows.
It’s sad that violence sells so well.
Bring it back.