Better Off Ted: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Three

Better Off ted cancelledTo no surprise, ABC’s Better Off Ted has been cancelled after two seasons on the air. Though it was a hit with critics and a devout group of fans, it just never found a mass audience.

Better Off Ted follows Ted Crisp (Jay Harrington) and his fellow employees at Veridian Dynamics, a strange and heartless technology company. The rest of the cast includes Andrea Anders, Jonathan Slavin, Malcolm Barrett, and Portia de Rossi.

Last May, ABC decided to show some faith in the freshman sitcom and renewed Better Off Ted for a second season. At that time, the ratings weren’t great and they got even worse after the renewal announcement.

When the network began airing the remainder of season one during the summer months, they averaged a terrible 0.74 in the 18-49 demographic and 2.09 million viewers.

For season two, Ted debuted with a 1.5 rating in the demo and 3.82 million viewers. As bad as those numbers sound, they got even worse.

Paired with Scrubs, ABC decided to burn off the remaining episodes of Ted in January. Despite campaigning from some loyal fans, viewership hit a new low for the season — a 0.8 rating and 2.17 million viewers.

The writing’s been on the wall for a long time and realistically, based on the numbers, the TV show shouldn’t have been renewed for a second season. Many in the cast have taken other jobs and the series has now been cancelled by ABC.

What do you think? Many really loved this show but it never attracted a big audience. Why?

Aidan Campagna March 10, 2014 at 4:19 am

Its a good show and i don’t know why it had the bad ratings it did

Angela January 5, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I absolutely loved this show. I wish a season 3 would come out.

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm

this is bull shit they should comeout with season 3 i dont care how bad it is to other people i love it

Anonymous October 21, 2013 at 12:29 am

It was on after lost. So it didn’t last cause lost was such a thinking show after people watched it they had to talk about what just happened never giving better off Ted a chance.

Anonymous October 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I really loved this show! It was witty and sarcastic. Sad it was canceled, I just found it on netflix! I had never heard of it before, sad it was canceled. Wish it was brought back for a third season!

Erin October 2, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I think this was a big mistake to cancel this show, we loved it.
Both my boyfriend/husband and I actually “LOL” serveral times during each episode and look forward for the next one. There are very few funny programs and we both thought this program could be the next “Seinfeld”. I don’t who rates some of these shows, but I think this one was completely completely missed rated and I still wish it was on TV even after several years. Complete bummer it was s cancelled program.

Jess August 31, 2013 at 12:07 am

Funniest show I’ve ever seen actually. Whoever cancelled this is a loser!!!

Jess August 31, 2013 at 12:06 am

Wow . I’m so mad this show is cancelled. Veronica is my favorite!!! Bring it back u dumb asses!!!

Leze July 18, 2013 at 5:47 am

REALLY loved this show!! And i wanted to see more about Ted & Linda, now it’s cancelled? ?
This show was hilarious in every way and with most things you can relate to the characters – really did not think this show would be cancelled?

This was like the Big Bang Theory – good humor & something way different from all the others. We also stumbled upon this show by accident, and we could not stop watching! Never saw an add / heard it being promoted on the radio or anything

I agree with Eddy! There is so much crap on tv, and then an excellent series get cancelled ..

brenson July 1, 2013 at 8:58 pm

well thats not good i love the show and in the last episode of season 2 it looked like linda and ted were finally getting together so why did they have to stop airing the show

Anonymous July 16, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Agreed being this show back!!!!!

Eddy June 24, 2013 at 11:19 pm

What a travesty. This witty, hilarious, well-written show gets cancelled, but crap like”How I met your mother” & American idol stink up the airwaves. The dumbing down of America continues!

Anonymous July 15, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Agreed

kaja April 30, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I am so angry about this! Now I have to watch the show over and over.. I love it

raghad April 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

It’s too bad that it was canceled really great and funny show

Russell February 23, 2013 at 6:53 am

Loved BoT,
I live in the UK and it’s the funniest current sitcom around, came across it watching fox one day sad to see it had been canned, i think its main reasons for being cancelled was lack of promotion and advertisement, I think a lot of people have missed out on by not seeing the show for them selves.

sandra watters December 19, 2012 at 1:36 am

I am so dissapointed that this show was canceled. i should have watched it when it was on but i didnt get a chance. Better Off Ted was so my type of comedy, I couldn’t be;ieve how hilarious and refreshing. The cast and writting was excellent really totally awesome. Very sad to know its no longer aired I laughed so hard it about made me cry. That doesnt happen often.

David January 8, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I loved it too, found it by accident. Had never seen an add or any promo & poof it was gone with the duest of fast horses!
Such a wonderful show.