Castle: ABC Wants One More Season Five Episode

Castle TV showThe alphabet network has decided to order one more installment of Castle for season five. ABC had planned to air 23 episodes but will now have 24 instead.

According to EW, the additional episode will allow the network to air one less rerun in April.

This won’t be the first time that Castle has been given a “jumbo” season. Both seasons two and three had 24 installments while season four had 23. The comedy-drama series debuted in March 2009 as a mid-season replacement show so the first season had just 10 episodes.

What do you think? Do you like the extra big Castle seasons? Has this season been one of the show’s best?

caribbeanfan February 16, 2013 at 10:39 am

ABC has already sold the rights to seasons 5 &6 to a pay-tv provider in the UK owned by the BBC, so season 6 is a no brainer

Katarzyna February 13, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Personally I think that season 6 renewal is a no brainer. If ABC was not happy with Castle, they would not be publishing Nikki Heat novels, Derrick Storm eBooks, Castle calendars, Trading Cards (coming next month). Books and eBooks are international bestsellers and basically Castle is real goldmine for ABC, so they should be total idiots to cancel it with such huge international following and cult.

Julia February 13, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I am so glad to have another eppisode of Castle! Most shows seem to really fail when they let the two lead actor’s pair up in a relationship but Castle has been able to make this absolutely fulfilling while also keeping it exciting and new. I hope this show goes on for a long time :)

catherine summers February 13, 2013 at 9:58 am

I like the show and would like to see more of it. I have got 1-4 season and looking forward to getting the 5th

cecil gail pequeno February 13, 2013 at 8:23 am

Every episode is good, some better than others but please don’t cancel this show! I watch it everyday, new or old episodes! Love it!!!!

jbfmom February 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

Well we used to watch Castle every Monday night but have since switched over to Hawaii-Five O. It’s never as good once they put the two leads in a relationship. I mean we always knew that Beckett and Castle would end up together but it took the fun out of it when they paired them up. They should have waited until the show ended for that.

Kat February 7, 2013 at 8:44 am

More Castle is always a good thing! Still haven’t forgiven Fox for robbing us of more Nathan Fillion in Firefly.

Toni Elliott February 7, 2013 at 2:46 am

I agree with Jeremy. I don’t think Castle has had a bad season. Yes the first season was the starter season with them getting their bearings but this show is my favorite show of all the prime time shows. I watch other ones but I watch Castle 3 days a week. I even have the show on my computer. So they have to renew it. It would be a waste of a great show if they didn’t.

Jeremy Rynek February 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm

No, so far I gotta say season 2-5 are tied for the best season. The first one was the show getting on it’s feet, since then the entire series has been in it’s prime. It’s at least in the top 3 of all the shows I currently watch, does this mean a renewal is coming?

admin February 6, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Not necessarily but I think so.