Common Law: Cancelled, No Season Two

As expected, USA Network has cancelled Common Law after one season and 12 episodes. There won’t be a second season.

Common Law revolves around a pair of LAPD detectives who successfully solve crimes together but can’t stand each other. As a result, their boss sentences them to attend couples therapy. The cast includes Warren Kole, Michael Ealy, Jack McGee, Sonya Walger, Elizabeth Chomko, Alicia Coppola, Nora Zehetner, and Reed Diamond.

The series debuted on May 11th and ran on Friday nights through August 10th. The ratings were poor from the start, even by the cable channel’s standards. The season averaged a 0.6 demo rating with 2.12 million viewers.

In September, it was rumored that Common Law was essentially cancelled. The showrunner had taken a job on CBS’ Elementary and the cast’s contracts had all expired. Word was that the sets had already been dismantled as well.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that there won’t be a second season for Common Law?

Ash May 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I can’t believe it. common law was one of my favorite shows but I should have known when a show is great they was going to take it off air. It had everything. still can’t believe its cancelled

S Johnson May 2, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I can’t believe the show has been cancelled. It had action and comedy along with a great looking cast. I was really looking forward to the beginning of another season.

T JOHNSON April 14, 2013 at 9:14 pm

USA just lost another family of viewers… cant believe Common Law was cancelled. great show.. whoever decides the programming needs to rethink what they are doing. Much worse shows are still playing and continually get renewed for some reason… just dont understand… thanks for ANOTHER disappointment USA

Theresa April 8, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I was disappointed to just read Common Law was canceled. I really enjoyed it and was waiting for it return. Why ????? Their is much worse show your keeping. Come on USA, HIRE the people to judge what to keep on the air.

Anonymous March 26, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I just read that common law was canceled this show is one of usa’s best series , as usual a nother network that keeps moron shows like physc the producers suck!!!!!!!!!!!

HW March 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Does it really matter what I think? Mainstream media dumbs down to middle America because it’s easier and more profitable. There is a niche for those of us who want smart writing, quirky wit, and character development and it seems to me that good writing and good acting should be rewarded. What I find sad is that, given the chance, this show would have gained popularity over time but the media, like our culture, is too impatient to wait the time required of any new show to make a name for itself. Thumbs down to the producers who were blind to the potential and allowed a money-maker, had they waited, to slip away.

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 6:53 pm

thats mean comon law is the only show i watched in usa guesse i wont be watching usa no more, you guys suck for canceling comon law.

Janice February 28, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Why do they keep the boring shows and cancel the interesting ones. What determines that an entertaining show goes off the air. Nobody asked me! The premise was different. Maybe that was the problem. It wasn’t a cookie cutter copy.

angela February 14, 2013 at 8:04 pm

i hae that you cancelled common law iwatched every single episode i dont think im going watch usa again

Bob February 8, 2013 at 4:11 am

A funny and entertaining show to watch, my son and I enjoyed watching Common Law every week it was on! It sucks that it will not be returning. Yet, networks keep trashing the air waves with stupid reality shows!

John February 6, 2013 at 6:35 am

Why do so many good shows get cancelled?! This is a lot of fun to watch,and would have developed an audience.

Victoria January 27, 2013 at 2:20 pm

My sister and I really liked this show, if people knew that there might not have been a second season then the show should have ended better.

stefania January 24, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I can not beleive that Common Law will not be returning. Enjoyed the show very much especially the cemestry between Warren and Michael and the rest of the cast. All GREAT shows are taken off the air.

Joe K January 16, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Common Law was a great show!!

Brenda January 15, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Just found out Common Law has been canceled. Can’t believe it…….why are the good shows canceled and yet other stupid reality, etc shows they keep. Common Law was a good show with it’s humor and good story line. Looked forward to watching it every week.