Dracula

dracula03Network: NBC
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 25, 2013 — January 24, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jessica De Gouw, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Katie McGrath, Nonso Anozie, Victoria Smurfit, Thomas Kretschmann, Matt Barber, and Michael Nardone.

current TV show

TV show description:
This horror/thriller series is a reimagining of the classic Dracula novel by Bram Stoker. It takes place in the late 19th century.

The mysterious Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) has arrived in London and is posing as an American entrepreneur who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society.

He’s especially interested in the new technology of electricity, which promises to brighten the night — a useful concept for someone who must avoid sunlight. He is aided by his loyal confidant, R.M. Renfield (Nonso Anozie).

Dracula has another reason for his travels however. He hopes to take revenge on those who cursed him with immortality centuries earlier.

Everything seems to be going according to plan until he becomes infatuated with Mina Murray (Jessica De Gouw), a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — “Let There Be Light”
At long last, American entrepreneur Alexander Grayson executed a public demonstration of his miraculous electromagnetic resonator device, which promises to provide free, wireless electricity to all of London.

The demonstration was postponed after a previous attempt only a fortnight ago reportedly poisoned the surrounding neighborhood, causing children and elderly residents to become ill. Mr. Grayson insists that the poisoning was the result of sabotage, most likely by his rivals at the United Imperial Lubricant Company, although Scotland Yard has yet to find any evidence to support the claims.

This weekend’s demonstration, the second such attempt for Mr. Grayson, was to be his magnum opus, the result of years – possibly even decades – of research and construction that would revolutionize the world as we know it and put his oil industry rivals out of business entirely. What began as a day of triumph and victory ended as one of the most tragic and destructive days in London’s recent history.

At approximately 6:22 in the evening, moments after Grayson fired up his resonator to shed miraculous, wireless light on the entire district, the machine suffered a catastrophic malfunction. Grayson and his engineering team went to great lengths to evacuate the area as quickly as possible, and indeed the brave men spared many lives by doing so.

However, only five minutes after the machine was activated, a mechanical malfunction led to the largest manmade explosion in British history, centered directly in the heart of downtown London. The damage was catastrophic. At least a dozen people were killed in the explosion, and, while the numbers are still being tallied, estimates predict the number of injured persons to be in the hundreds, possibly even into the thousands.

Miraculously (and despite being in the belly of the beast itself during the explosion), Mr. Grayson managed to escape relatively unscathed, save for a few bumps and bruises. He is currently exiled in Carfax Manor and refusing to speak to the press, other than to briefly announce that he suspects foul play and sabotage to be the cause of the malfunction.

As London continues to recover from the horrific tragedy, hundreds remain missing. Most notably, Mr. Browning, a prominent member of British high society, has not been seen since the day of the explosion, despite the fact that Mr. Browning was not on site when the accident occurred. Miss Lady Jayne Wetherby is also unaccounted for, and she was last scene hailing a carriage toward the demonstration, only moments before the explosion. Also missing is Mr. Grayson’s right-hand man, Mr. Renfield, who was last seen returning to Carfax Manor on the day of the demonstration.
First aired: January 24, 2014. (Courtesy NBC)

space
What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Greg January 25, 2014 at 9:20 am

I love the show the DVD was set to record in case we had to miss…..don’t cancel

Carolyn January 25, 2014 at 9:17 am

Please renew this show!!! I love the twist in the series. Actors are excellent. Loved Jonathan is an excellent actor. Have been a fan since the Tudors. Can’t wait for a season 2!!

Lisa W January 25, 2014 at 9:15 am

Please do not cancel.
Love the concept of this story line, the actors and the costumes.

Debbie January 25, 2014 at 8:43 am

I found this series late in the season, but my husband and I downloaded all episodes in one afternoon, we couldn’t stop watching. It is an excellent show and I hope the adventure continues. I don’t think NBC gave it enough advertisement and if they would promote the show they would see increased ratings. If you didn’t see the original airing of this show I suggest you take time to watch it, what a great idea to the Dracula story. I have my fingers crossed that it will be continued.

Anonymous January 25, 2014 at 8:14 am

Don’t cancel! I love the show and things are now heating up.

Linda January 25, 2014 at 5:01 am

I find the show mesmerising. I watch and record weekly. Renew for season two.

Linda January 25, 2014 at 4:57 am

Please make season 2. I find the. Show captivating, as I watch and record weekly.

Raven January 25, 2014 at 3:39 am

This show is amazing! I always look forward on Friday nights to watch this show. I enjoy watching Jonathan Rhys Meyers and the rest of the cast. Jonathan Meyers is very talented actor and should be admired by others. Please do not cancel this show! I will be very disappointed if NBC cancels this show. Please extend heartfelt thanks to Jonathan Rhys Meyers and the rest of the crew for their outstanding performances and more power to them all! I am looking forward to seeing Dracula the series come back for another season!

Yolanda January 25, 2014 at 2:14 am

Pleassssssssssezzzzz don’t cancel it. Love this show!

Yaya January 25, 2014 at 1:44 am

I definitely think DRACULA should be renewed for another season. Hopefully, next time we won’t have to wait two weeks in between episodes. That’s what the problem has been. Having two weeks between episodes makes keeping up hard to do. I’ve been using ON DEMAND so I can watch the reruns and the new episodes together.
Hope we can look forward to a great season 2.

Dracula Fan January 25, 2014 at 1:38 am

I love this show!!! Mmmmm Dracula… They should not cancel this show. I think they should do a better job of promoting the show. I just happen to stumble across this show. With so many shows on these days, it is easy for great new shows to get lost in the shuffle. The time slot is not great. A Friday night?? I have to record it. NBC give it another season and promote it!!! I am sick of good shows getting canceled after just one or two seasons!

MSB January 25, 2014 at 1:28 am

I love this show and I hope nbc will bring it back next season. It has top of the line actors ( Jonathan Rhys Meyers), is well written and acted.

Mary Hunter January 25, 2014 at 12:54 am

Renew. I watch the show every week.

Catherine January 25, 2014 at 12:23 am

PLEASE…..renew as many seasons of Dracula as possible. I find the show engaging. The visuals are stunning. The writing is fabulous. Hopefully, NBC will acknowledge these facts, along with the show’s following and bring JRM and Dracula back.

Mia January 24, 2014 at 11:58 pm

One of the better shows on TV. Needs to be renewed. Great acting and writing. Look forward to every Friday night. Wonderful finale. Please please another season.

Mary January 25, 2014 at 8:10 am

Renew. Love the show. Great season finale.