Gang Related: Cancel or Renew for Season Two?

Gang Related TV show on FOX: cancel or renew for season 2Tonight marks the season finale of Gang Related on FOX. It’s been a season of twists and turns but have the ratings been strong enough for the show to be renewed for a second season — or will it be cancelled instead?

On Gang Related, a police detective (Ramon Rodriguez) is torn between his allegiance to his job and co-workers and the gang and crime family that raised him. The cast also includes Terry O’Quinn, RZA, Jay Hernandez, Sung Kang, Inbar Lavi, Cliff Curtis, and Shantel VanSanten.

The series debuted at the end of May to a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.94 million viewers. That was a poor showing right out of the gate and, over the course of the season, the ratings have gotten even worse. Last week’s episode installment hit a new low with a 0.6 demo rating and just 2.01 million viewers.

The season’s averaged a 0.8 rating with 2.56 million. Compared to the network’s other summer shows, Gang Related is performing well behind MasterChef, 24, Hotel Hell, and So You Think You Can Dance.

Though expectations are lower for summer series, it’s highly unlikely that FOX will want to renew Gang Related for a second season. The ratings are just too low — and they’ve essentially been getting worse week after week. More than likely, the execs will roll the dice and try a new program next year.

But, what do you think? Should Gang Related be cancelled or renewed for a second season? If you ran the network, what would you do?

UPDATE: FOX has cancelled Gang Related after one season.

Robert August 26, 2014 at 11:41 pm

One of the best shows !!!

Lucy Chavez August 26, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Please renew Gang Related . It’s a great show . Very entense. Love , love love it

Markito August 26, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Are you kidding me? Bring gang related back!!! It’s such a good show…

Jason miller August 26, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Gang related is the $h!t how can they not renew it’s at it’s peek. Bring back gang related though the time slot was not the best I never missed a episode with on demand!

Kathy August 26, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Love love love this show please bring it back

Phyllis Burbridge August 26, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I really hope you renew this show. It has definetly gotten more interesting. Like most new shows the networks are always ready to cancel the new ones just as they are getting good. I love this series and it has room for so much growth

glenna August 26, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Please, please bring Gang Related back. It took me a couple of shows to really get addicted but now I am and I have other friends that didn’t know about it until I told them to watch. Maybe if you get it advertised more, people will catch on to it.

Tamara August 26, 2014 at 1:11 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! I love it…this is a great show. Awesome cast, great acting, awesome storyline!!! Please keep it!!

erick omondi August 26, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Cant wait for season 2

erick omondi August 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm

this series is so good. cant wait for season 2

Mr. & Ms. Jackson August 26, 2014 at 1:53 am

Please give Gang Related a second chance my husband and I really enjoyed watching the series every Thursday night. Besides on Thursday, there are not too many shows that airs before 10pm to select that’s worth watching. Also, I believe Gang Related was not given enough advertisement we discovered the series by surfing the channels. Yes, I believe Gang Related has earned a second chance to prove their talents. In fact, I was very disappointed last week when we discovered the series was not on, thanks

ereshia August 25, 2014 at 10:43 pm

They need to bring it back if people can sit through if u think u can dance and 24 thrn people can watch gang related its not that bad

John Floyd August 25, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I do not even watch any TV except Gang Related and The Good Wife – please continue the series. It is WELL DONE (very excellent) and quite exciting in terms of “twists” which cannot be easily predicted … please, please, give it a chance for season 2

SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER NETWORKS WITH A LOT OF SEX ISSUES FOR FAMILY TV. THIS IS LIKE 24, WHICH EVERYONE LOVED AND STILL DO – LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON 10 OF 24, TOO.

Steve August 25, 2014 at 6:20 pm

This show is up there with the walking dead, and sons… Fox please renew this show… It needs to be a fall show. I’ll be the first to boycott fox.

Chris August 25, 2014 at 2:05 pm

You have to at least give season 2 a shot. This is one of the shows that I look forward to. I rent movies during the week except for Thursdays.