Gilmore Girls: Officially Cancelled, No Season Eight!

Lorelai & Rory to say goodbye?With two weeks to go before the network upfronts, we have some long-awaited and sad news regarding the fate of CW’s Gilmore Girls.

The CW has released a joint statement from the network and Warner Bros. Television that says “Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television’s most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves.”

Rumors have gone back and forth for months on whether an agreement could be reached with key cast members so that Gilmore Girls could return for another season. There was even a rumor earlier today that negotiations had stalled and it looked unlikely that they would resume. It appears that rumor was true.

Once sure that the series was not returning, CW likely wanted to announce the news immediately so that viewers would be more likely to tune in to watch the final two episodes.

Will the series finale on May 15th be a fulfilling way to close the series? Does this ensure that CW’s Veronica Mars will be renewed? Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

143 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. 1234567 ...8? says

You gotta make a season 8 !!! It can’t end like that!!! I was actually enjoying something other than twilight and I have been into twilight for like one and a half years! but to have Gilmore Girls end like that was very DISAPPOINTING! please finish it properly it feels like a total waste of time having watched all the seasons and enjoy them and then have it end like that :(

• Anonymous says

Season 8
      NOOOOW

I’m sing psychic …bow before my mind control, prodicers…SEASON 8

SEASON 8
      you
      SEASON 8
      gotta
      SEASON 8
      produce
      SEASON 8
      new season
      SEASON 8

2. Marcela says

I am dyign for there to be a season 8!!! I have just finished watchign the whole set box and its devastating to know that no questions are answered nor are some of the characters story lines. I dont expect a happy ending for everyone but at least some sort of closure for the characters…
    its crazy to be have given us such a fabulous show that we have embarked with the highs and lows of the story lines and then to end it like this! it puts a sour taste in my mouth just to think about not knowing ….
    Hopeful fan from Sydney Australia!

3. says

I know this was a long time ago, but i’m still VERY upset about this whole thing. The last episode did NOT wrap up the series like it should have. I REALLY REALLY want them to make a movie…just so I know what really happens and so it can all end happily ever after. yes, that’s what i want.

4. hayley says

there has to be more series of gilmore girls! there has to be! it’s tooo good to end. as long as lorelai and luke stay together 😀

5. Toya213az says

Everytime i watch the Gilmore Girls it keeps saying a NEW one will be coming out monday. It shouldn’t get my hpoes up if it’s not going to happen. atleast say there is going to be no more.

6. DESERE says

THERES NO WAY YOU CAN CANCEL SEASON EIGHT THE ENDING OF SEASON SEVEN DOESNT END RIGHT, WE NEED MORE TO IT. IT NEEDS A FULL ENDING. IM SOOOO UPSET. IVE BEEN WAITING AND WAITING TO BUY SEASON EIGHT AND TO FIND OUT ITS NOT COMING OUT IS WRONG. YOU CANT JUST END IT LIKE THAT. THATS NOT AN ENDING. PLEEEAAASSSEEE JUST MAKE AN EIGHT AND END IT COMPLETE.

7. Rachael says

Just watching last episode ever and we need a series 8 just so that things end the way they should. Lauren Graham said they didnt know it was going to be the last series when they done series 7 and it didnt end the way they wanted so bring it back! just for one series more come on guys!!!

8. shannon says

i know that they cancelled the show two years ago but i’m still hoping they’ll decide to have a season 8. it’s never to late! lol

9. Brandi says

I must say i am really angry, they ended the seventh season but didn’t tie all the loose ends up… they really did a horrible job and I would say let down the fans.

10. Adrybaba - Hungary says

We need season 8… who has cancelled it? The producers? The crew? It will continue i think when they realise not having that good salary with other projects…

11. Louuuu says

My gosh, i’m still not over it.
    After watching the final episodes again this week, it’s just horrible to think we will never know anymore.
    For me it was like watching my mum and I on the television, i just felt so connected.
    The actors are soo very talented and it’s a true shame for their characters stories to be cut off.
    We shall never know :O