Gilmore Girls: Officially Cancelled, No Season Eight!

Lorelai & Rory to say goodbye?With two weeks to go before the network upfronts, we have some long-awaited and sad news regarding the fate of CW’s Gilmore Girls.

The CW has released a joint statement from the network and Warner Bros. Television that says “Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television’s most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves.”

Rumors have gone back and forth for months on whether an agreement could be reached with key cast members so that Gilmore Girls could return for another season. There was even a rumor earlier today that negotiations had stalled and it looked unlikely that they would resume. It appears that rumor was true.

Once sure that the series was not returning, CW likely wanted to announce the news immediately so that viewers would be more likely to tune in to watch the final two episodes.

Will the series finale on May 15th be a fulfilling way to close the series? Does this ensure that CW’s Veronica Mars will be renewed? Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

143 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kshan says

I’m so glad I found this site because I need to vent. HERE GOES. . .

I’m a big GG fan, but after Rory and Logan started dating I always muted the TV when scenes with them came on. As a couple, they just didn’t work for me. I didn’t like Jess either, but he was better than Logan. I just finished watching the complete series on DVD, unmuted, and I’m NOT sorry I muted the Rory-Logan scenes years ago; they were unbelievably annoying! It seems as if I’m in the minority here, but such is life.

As for how the series ended, I think I echo most sentiments here by saying. . . ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! The only part I liked was the fact that Rory turned Logan down; I see some sanity returned to the writers. If I were writing the script, I would have her meet a new love interest, one who didn’t make me want to say to Rory “Get a clue, young lady.”

Also, Why didn’t Luke and Lorelai get together? As someone said in an earlier post, I started to almost dislike Lorelai and Rory as the series evolved. They came across as immature, spoiled adults instead of flawed characters that endeared themselves to the viewers, or at least this viewer.

2. Gina says

Please!!! Fans in Mexico also want an eighth season!! We want the Luke-Lorelai and the Jess – Rory finale that we’ve been waiting for since the second season!! They are just soooo perfect for each other! Iwas so sad when the budget for the program wasnt enough and the show had to tie loose ends so abruptly and badly resolved! With a last eighth season that could be solved!! No more lame-o jokes, but the old witty, sarcastic and funny ones. Please bring backthe show It was real, it was true, you could actually believe those charactrs actually existed, not that they were actors playing a role. Let’s bring Stars Hollow back to life!! Come on Gilmore Girls!!!!!

3. keke says

They didnt end it perfect.they had it all good until rory said no.
    THEY NEED TO MAKE A SEASON 8 BECAUSE GILMORE GIRLS IS AMAZING!!!!

• Anonymous says

So true! I think it is so sad that Rory and Logan didn’t end up together. Just thinking about it makes me sad.

I can’t sleep after watching the two last episodes, they belong together!

4. Mette says

I want at least one more season of Gilmore Girls.. We love it here in Denmark. PLEASE.. It’s the best series EVER..

5. Dalila says

I’m from Hungary. I love Gilmore girls I was so sad when it ended :(
    A new season would be great!

6. Anonymous says

I am from denmark and i just love the Gilmore Girls. I almost got all the seasons on dvd. Please Please let there be a number 8.

7. Telma says

Hi !

I’m from Portugal and i really want the season eight !
    There is so much to see of Gilmore Girls …

8. Susan says

I so want another season or even more, of the Gilmore Girls me and my kids and my husband have enjoyed watching all 7 seasons and really want to see more!! PLEASE BRING BACK THE GILMORE GIRLS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

9. c.a says

WEEE WAANT THE SEASON EIGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASSEEEEEEE PLEAAAAASE PLEAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10. Carly says

Me and all of my friends love Gilmore Girls its our favorite show, its not too late to make an 8th season!!!!!! I still watch it all the time, its a great family show.