Heroes: Greg Grunberg Still Believes the Movie Will Happen

HeroesIn a recent interview with the NY Post, actor Greg Grunberg said that he believes that a Heroes movie will eventually be made.

The NBC series was cancelled last spring after four seasons and a decline in ratings. Heroes creator Tim Kring has said that he wants to make a movie and would like to keep his fictional universe alive.

Grunberg said, “I think there has to be [a movie]… But I also predicted they wouldn’t just out and out cancel it, so what do I know?”

He continued, “It makes business sense to do something — there’s a huge fanbase that wants some sort of conclusion and I think the actors want to do it. It’s not about making a fortune to come back — we all appreciate the fans so much, I think if the call went out, we’d all be on board.”

What do you think? Will the Heroes movie get made eventually or do you think things are getting more doubtful as time passes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

31 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Brii says

WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH NBC! I SUPPORT ALL OF THE COMMENTS AND WHY CANT NBC REALIZE THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF FANS OUT THERE WHO WANT IT BACK?!!?!? WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS SHOW WAS CANCELED I STARTED CRYING BECAUSE I WORSHIP THIS SHOW AND ITS ALL I TALK ABOUT !!!!! IF THEY DONT MAKE A MOVIE IM NEVER EVER EVER WATCHING NO F****** NBC AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Who is with me i. Getting heroes back?!?! I REGRET WATCHING THE PREMIERE TO SEASON FIVE BECAUSE THAT JUST MAKES IT WORSE KNOWING THERES MORE TO IT WHEN CLAIRE JUMPS OFF THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH THE REPORTERS!!!! IF U NBC OR GREG GRUNBERG IS READING THIS YOU ARE IDIOTS FOR NOT MAKING A MOVIE OR BRINGING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!! :’( ALL THESE COMMENTS GET ME ANGRIER AND ANGRIER KNOWING THEYRE PROBABLY GOING TO MAKE ALL THEIR FANS UPSET!!!! DONT MAKE WORSHIPERS OF HEROES LIKE ME BE LIKE THIS THANKS FOR RUINING MY LIFE NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. says

My favorite series of all time…How can they do this to us, the fans, hello…at least yall can wrap it up for us…at least one last episode to finalize things, make it a movie or an extra long episode, I don’t know, but for goodness sake don’t leave us hangin’…

3. ah says

If they cancel a wrap up – movie then i think thats a big mistake, why would any one want to watch or buy the dvds, if there is no ending or conclusion… I’m really disappointed, all these dedicated fans, left out in the cold. I would be happy if they would do a big screen movie or just like stargate did those 3 dvd only releases. I think a lot of people would buy it.

4. Chris says

I stopped watching anything on NBC. There is no point getting even a season deep into any show because you dont even know if your going to see an ending with NBC backing your show.
    I hope the Hereos movie comes out, this was my favorite show above any other show I would watch.

5. sailin says

We Heroes fans need some sort of closure! Heroes was my favorite show I never missed an episode. PLEASE make a movie or mini series to wrap it up.

6. Ace_Developer says

There just has to be something to wrap up the Heroes series. This was hands down my favorite TV show that has been created in a long time………