Judge Karen’s Court: Syndicated TV Series Renewed for Season Two

Judge Karen's CourtThere’s order in the court — an order for season two of Judge Karen’s Court. It’s just been announced by the syndicated program’s distributor.

According to THR, Litton Entertainment says that the newbie courtroom show will return with a new season of episodes this fall. It became the number one new first-run strip series on New York’s WPIX and has been renewed by some 57 nationwide stations already.

Daytime viewers may recall that Judge Karen Mills-Francis previously presided over the Judge Karen show. That was cancelled after one season in 2009 and, in many markets, it was replaced by Street Court. When that was cancelled after one season, it was replaced by Judge Karen’s Court with Mills-Francis back on the bench.

In a statement, Mills-Francis said, “After my first show went off the air, many people thought that was the end. But then something extraordinary happened. Several station groups actually lobbied to get my show back on the air!”

What do you think? Do you like to watch Judge Karen’s Court? Is it better or worse than other court shows? How so?

Lynn Tilmon September 26, 2014 at 4:35 pm

The same thing happened to Judge Karen just like what happened to Judge Hatchett, Judge Mabelene (Thank God she’s back), Judge Joe Brown, Judge Christina, Judge Alex, Judge Cristina Perez, Judge Jeanine Pirro, Judge Nancy Grace and all of the other judges who don’t take the crap dished out by syndication. Here are some quotes:

Brown said, “It was time to move out on my own since I had some ideas that I had been having to pull teeth with no novocaine to get adopted.” He feels that CTD “difficult to deal with” and “applied zero public relations and zero advertisement” to his show.

And “Swift Justice With Nancy Grace,” which airs locally at 2 p.m. on Fox affiliate WAGA-TV, was by far the most popular new syndicated program of the 2010-11 season. It nearly doubled the second most popular newcomer this past May, “Nate Berkus” with a 1.7 rating vs. 0.9 for Berkus. Among judge shows, Grace’s 1.7 matched “Judge Alex” and beat “Divorce Court” and “Judge Mathis.” (”Judge Judy is by far the most popular judge show with a whopping 6.7 rating in May.) “Swift Justice” ratings actually increased from September to May, by 21 percent, according to Nielsen numbers.

Channel 13 here in Los Angeles is especially crappy. Unless you agree to wear those chopped up funny-looking little wigs that Judge Lynn Toler has agreed to wear and settle for a far smaller salary than Judge Judy, you ain’t gonna make it.

Don’t be younger than 60; don’t treat the litigants with respect; for God’s sakes don’t wear your natural hair; don’t demand the salary you deserve; don’t suggest any fresh ideas for a show. You will definitely get cancelled.

Don’t believe those lies about low ratings. These shows were getting watched by many. In fact, I and many of my neighbors used to record Judge Mabelene, Judge Joe, and Judge Hatchett while we worked just so we would be able to watch them when we got home. It’s not the ratings. It’s just that these judges were not willing to be brainless puppets.

ms alberta September 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I love her. I would tape it and my sister and I would watch how she throws the people out for not bringing evidence for their case. she is clean cut. and all she want to hear from every one is ‘I got my evidence.’ bring her back.

jan price September 19, 2014 at 3:49 am

I love Judge Karen. She does not put up with any crap from anyone. In my opinion IS intelligent and NOT gaudy but is a pretty lady with a beautiful smile. Keep rockin’, Judge Karen!

June Graas September 12, 2014 at 5:20 am

I love Judge Karen, but why all the reruns. Is she not coming back with new trials. I would be sad to see her go. She’s a no nonsense judge which I like.

Fifi September 8, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Never liked her show and thought it’d been cancelled by now. She’s comes off as unprofessional and unintelligent. I just never got the impression that she was a real judge; just seemed unqualified overall. In regards to someone else posting a comment about her judging a litigant’s apparel…she should definitely take a look in the mirror (makeup, hair, jewelry… a bit excessive and gaudy IMO) or consult a professional stylist. Unless some major changes are made, I don’t see her show lasting much longer (NFL=Not For Long!). “Go, Judge Judy!”

miriam burns September 2, 2014 at 9:36 am

Love it, I watch every day!!!

Leslynn wheeler June 23, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I think she can be verbally austere , especially when she told a woman how dare her come in her courtroom dressed like that, she kept deprecating the woman, asking her who she thought she was. The woman was dressed nicely in my opinion, and just hAd a low cut dress on. It’s just the way she hollered at her, and the woman was very respectful. I think she is angry because she is big and the woman was nice and slim, and she couldn’t wear what the woman was wearing. Sometimes she talks to people like they’re kids.

SONNY June 16, 2014 at 2:36 pm

SO WHEN U AXED A PLANTIFF ABOUT SEEIN A DOCTOR THE PLANTIF RESPONDED WITH SHE SAW HER CHIROPRACTOR. YOUR COMMENT…..SO YOU DID NOT SEE A REAL DOCTOR. SHAME ON U

Jimmie Joe June 9, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I love the show

Anita Kay May 15, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Love it … watch Judge Karen everyday!

lovely March 25, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I enjoy watching her show,I watch it everyday.

Felicia March 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Dont like her show.She is annoying, does not listen to the litigants, interupts them when they are pleading their case, and just annoying to watch.

Freddie Curry February 10, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I love Judge Karen. She shows great compassion and wise in handling cases. I absolutely love her show!

Gheri January 18, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I. Watch the show, from South Carolina . I love her show. She is down to earth, n have common sense. Great sense of humor! Compassion for people. Keep it real. Love u.

Anonymous January 16, 2014 at 1:12 pm