Justified: FX Prez Expects At Least Six Seasons

FX TV show Justified

At the FX session of the current Television Critics Association press tour, FX president John Landgraf talked about the cable channel’s plans for producing more original dramas.

He said, “I eventually see ourselves getting into six or seven dramas. We had an opportunity to get ahead with comedy. We decided to make comedy a priority and now we’ve turned back to drama.”

He spoke highly of the Timothy Olyphant TV series, Justified, and noted that he could see it running for at least six seasons.

The third season of Justified finished airing in April and was renewed for a fourth season of 13 episodes. They’re expected to debut sometime in 2013.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this FX drama? How long should Justified realistically run?

Canceled and renewed TV show

26 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bonnie Vanhoy says

I have watched every episode .It is a great and people love to watch it so why cancel something this good.

2. Connie O'Roark says

Justified-absolutely one of the best shows ever on TV. The character development is incredible. The relationship between Raylan & Boyd is fabulous. All the characters are very well fleshed out, and the storylines are wonderful ! Hope it runs for 7 seasons

3. JMiles says

I think FX should stretch Justified to seven seasons and then end it. Follow the example of shows like The Shield and Rescue Me…Kurt Sutter has also mentioned that he plans for Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy to be its last. Justified should stick to the FX program and give the fans a seventh season instead of just six.

4. Carole says

Why would anyone want the fabulous cast of Justified and the incredible writers to not continue to entertain us? I personally watch the episodes over and over again and watch all of the previous years once again before the next season begins. The humor thrown in amidst the story lines keep me hooked! And looking at Timothy Olyphant never gets old!

5. MaryAnn says

I honestly don’t think the show has an upper limit on the number of seasons it can run. Every season has been totally different from the one before it, like watching a new show, except for Olyphant’s presence. The way the story lines go, one season = one story instead of one episode = one story, so I would think they could come up with at least a dozen stories. And just for the record, I have not missed a single episode.

6. Kat says

How did this show not get at least three or four Emmy nominations? Justified is one of the best shows on television, hands down. That said, I think they should only continue to make it as long as they can continue to answer the question WWED? (“What Would Elmore Do?”) in compelling ways, whether that’s four or six or even ten seasons… I can imagine Timothy Olyphant being familiar enough with the character now that he could play it well through all sorts of hackneyed scripts years after the show should’ve been put out to pasture, but I don’t think anyone wants to see the quality of the show nosedive like that.

7. tim says

yes definitely six seasons, just as long as Elmore writes em would be my only condition, the tv show runs just like the books and that is way it should always be.