Leverage: Final Season Not Coming to DVD

Leverage final seasonIf you have episodes of the final season of cancelled Leverage on your DVR, you may want to hold onto them. Executive producer Dean Devlin says that it’s unlikely that the fifth season will be released on DVD.

On Twitter, a fan asked him if the fifth season of Leverage would be released on DVD and Devlin responded that “I recommend buying the season in HD on iTunes or Amazon.” When asked if this meant that season five wasn’t coming to DVD, he replied, “probably not unfortunately.”

What do you think? Would you buy the fifth season of Leverage on DVD? Do you like having DVDs of TV show episodes or are digital copies just as good or better?

UPDATE: On January 25th, Devlin tweeted “GOOD NEWS ‪#LEVERAGE FANS!! Fox has decided to release Season 5 DVD’s!! Details coming soon!!”

Canceled and renewed TV show

36 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. dmalas says

I would definitely purchase season 5 of Leverage on DVD. I already have purchased seasons 1 through 4 and think you are making a mistake by not releasing season 5 on DVD.

2. AJ says

OK, I’m hearing conflicting rumors on this. I heard from one source – the credibility of which, I am not certain of either way – that they will release season 5 to DVD, but they haven’t set a release date for it, yet. Now, I google to find out if they have set a release date, and suddenly I’m getting rumors that they won’t.
    As far as them NOT releasing the fifth season…This is the biggest mistake a TV show can make, after cancelling or ending a series.
    Releasing a season on DVD is how you will make a profit off of a cancelled show. Die hard fans will buy the DVDs, especially if the show isn’t syndicated.
    This is the mistake the show Third Watch [1999-2005] made, and I truly hope that Leverage doesn’t follow in their ill-advised foot steps.
    Third Watch only released the first two seasons, and if Leverage only releases four out of five, it’s going to upset some fans.
    And isn’t that what makes a show – the fans that support and love each and every aspect?
    Leverage wouldn’t have made it out of the first 13 episodes if it weren’t for loyal fans, and they really need to remember that.
    I’m rooting for the fifth season being released, and I truly hope that if they’re leaning toward not releasing the DVD set, they reconsider.

• emaegf says

Yes, they are releasing it on DVD but no news yet on a release date.
        AJ always pay attention to the dates on the stuff you read so you know what your reading is the most current information. Reduces confusion when you find conflicting information.

3. ST says

Are they not releasing Season 5 because they realized they made a giant goof in the cancellation of the show and might bring it back (one could only hope)? Or could it be that they are standing still saying, “Which way did they go?” and are totally confused? Either way, not releasing Season 5 is a giant mistake and not wise economically.

4. Lynne says

I am very disappointed to hear that Leverage will not hdvdave its final season released on Dvd. I have the other seasons and it would complete my collection. I also look forward to behind the scenes extras that Dvds offer. It was bad enough bees that TNT cancelled Leverage. I think most fans were looking.forward. to season 6.

5. says

reading what other people are saying and i agree. fisrt you cancel the show all together and now we can’t get the finale series on dvd?????????

6. says

reading the other reveiws i agree. first you cancel it all together and now we can’t get the fifth series on dvd? what the F–K!!!!!!!!!!

7. says

I was heartbroken to learn that Leverage had been cancelled. I received Season 4 on DVD from friends as a b’day present and ordered Seasons 1-3. I absolutely love this show! It’s smart, entertaining, and absolute joy to watch. No Season 5 on DVD? Now that’s just rubbing salt in the wound.

8. Dale Kraemer says

Since I already have complete seasons 1 thru 4 of Leverage on DVD, OF COURSE I would buy season 5 ! How can they NOT release the final seaon on DVD after they did the first four ?

9. berryvale33 says

It is bad enough that another excellent show is cancelled before its time, but some of us fans live in remote areas where we don’t have the ability to download a digital copy. Please put all five seasons of Leverage onto DVDs.

10. Parker says

Leverage is my all time favorite TV show, the team is kinda like a second family. Its hard enough that the show is cancelled, but not releasing it on DVD! Someone should start a petition or something for them to release it on DVD at least long enough for the biggest fans to get them.