Lipstick Jungle: NBC ”Cancels” Brooke Shields TV Show, No Season Three

Lipstick JungleThe peacock network has gotten tired of picking up the tab for “three of New York’s most powerful women.” They’re not ordering more episodes of the Lipstick Jungle TV show after two seasons and 20 episodes.

Lipstick Jungle is based on the best-selling book by Sex and the City’s Candace Bushnell and follows the lives of three high-powered friends; former studio president Wendy Healy (Brooke Shields), magazine editor Nico Reilly (Kim Raver), and fashion designer Victory Fords (Lindsay Price). Others castmembers include performers like Paul Blackthorne, Andrew McCarthy, Robert Buckley, Sarah Hyland, David Norona, Dylan Clark Marshall, Seth Kirschner, Matt Lauria, David Alan Basche, and Marcia DeBonis.

The series debuted as a midseason replacement series on February 7, 2008. Despite being part of NBC’s Thursday night line-up, Jungle only attracted 7.54 million viewers and a 2.9/8 rating/share of the 18-49 demographic. The rest of the season averaged fewer than six million viewers each week.

Because of the writers strike, only seven episodes were produced. Ratings-challenged NBC decided to take a chance and renewed the show for a second year of 13 episodes, hoping that the numbers would improve.

Should Lipstick Jungle be given another chance?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When Jungle returned for its second season, the ratings were even lower than they were in season one. On Wednesday nights, the show averaged a paltry five million viewers and a 2/5 rating/share. After five weeks, NBC essentially gave up on the series and moved it to Friday nights at 10pm. Much of the Jungle audience didn’t follow and those two episodes have averaged just 3.26 million.

To no surprise, NBC has pulled the plug on the show’s future. The series’ writers actually cleaned out their offices last week. On the positive side, all 13 episodes of this season are being completed and will continue to be shown on Friday nights for the immediate future. Seven have aired, leaving six episodes to go. Because production is so close to wrapping, it’s unlikely that the final episode will conclude the series’ storylines. It’s even more unlikely that NBC would order a third season.

It’s expected that Friday Night Lights will take Jungle’s place in January. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Bargainista November 20, 2010 at 12:45 am

I had never heard of Lipstick Jungle the buzz just wasn’t good enough for this amazing show. I came across it on hulu and watched all 20 episodes in one week, now Im saddened to know it wont be returning, such a shame too I’d give it 5 stars.

Pat September 5, 2010 at 6:13 am

I need Jungle season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll love and keep following this serie for ever!!!!!!!!!!!1

Leigh September 4, 2010 at 11:58 am

Wow I am on season 2 right now …..they need to aire another season maybe with out Brooke shield she is def annoying but the show is amazing and worth watching.

Anonymous August 2, 2010 at 9:39 pm

A 3rd season needs to be made for lipstick jungle…. It is Probably the best show aired sinse sex and the city. However, Both shows are as equally great. I’m not to sure why a 3rd season it hasn’t been made yet! Hopefully due to veiwers request a 3rd season would be made. I think that is needs to be advertised a little better. Personally, I think this show would have been massive if this was done correctly…

Jessica July 22, 2010 at 5:15 am

Where was I when they aired the second season? Did they not advertise enough. I am so excited to be able to watch all of season 2 one after another. Please give this series another chance and create season 3!

adeola July 20, 2010 at 6:48 am

pls another season 3 of lipstick jungle.i wnt ask if nico will marry her boss griffin.let nico give him griffin d second chance

Marie July 4, 2010 at 8:09 am

I am sooooo gutted!! It is so not fair. First they take sex and the city off us and now they’ve taken Lipstick Jungle, which i felt had the potential to be as good as sex and the city! I loved Lipstick Jungle and I want at least another season!

Kim July 3, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Seriously…I loved this show! So much better than SITC – I wish they would bring it back!

Anclair July 2, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Fans from Germany are waiting as well … we havn´t such good soaps at tv so we were gratefull to get something like this… its different compared to sex and the city … and actually i like it because the women are emanzipated like most of us :D <3

bibi June 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm

please be on air again!i love it so much..it’s even better than desperate housewives which is fake (not realistic) and cranky…please…give this drama a chance….i’m beeging u..

Sandy June 5, 2010 at 11:36 am

Season 3 Please!!!! Season 4 Please !! Season 5 Please!!I love the show so much!!I love the sex and the city and I love this more!!! Hope they can coming to the screen agian!!!

Nirmala May 12, 2010 at 2:57 am

Its a great show, i hope to watch season 3

Holly May 10, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I would love if they would come out with some more seasons. I love this show I have the two seasons and watch them all the time. It’s more up to date then sex and the city don’t get me wrong I do still love sex and the city but would like more lipstick jungle back.

Donna May 10, 2010 at 12:17 pm

this is a travesty i loved this series please bring a season three, it is sheer escapism for us working mums who would love the life these three ladies live.

Richard May 10, 2010 at 3:46 am

I agree with averyone, i want another season please