Made in Jersey

CBS TV series Made in JerseyNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Eight (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 28, 2012 — December 29, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Janet Montgomery, Kyle MacLachlan, Felix Solis, Stephanie March, Toni Trucks, Donna Murphy, Erin Cummings, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Drew Beasley, and Alexandra Socha.

TV show description:
This dramatic TV series follows a young working-class woman who’s employed at a prestigious New York law firm. Raised in New Jersey, she uses her street smarts to compete alongside her pedigreed Manhattan colleagues.

Martina Garretti (Janet Montgomery) finds the cut-throat atmosphere of the Stark & Rowan law firm very challenging. However, what she lacks in an Ivy League education she more than makes up for with tenacity and blue-collar insight.

After she spends just a few weeks on the job, Stark & Rowan founder Donovan Stark (Kyle MacLachlan) takes note of Martina’s ingenuity and resourcefulness.

TV show supportOthers that can’t help but notice Martina are third-year chair Nolan Adams (Kristoffer Polaha) who is part of Manhattan’s royal literati; Riley Prescott (Megalyn Echikunwoke), a second-year at and the daughter of the former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden; her sassy secretary, Cyndi Vega (Toni Trucks); and River Brody (Felix Solis), a former LAPD detective turned firm investigator.

With the support of Martina’s big Italian family — including her sexy older sister, Bonnie (Erin Cummings), and her encouraging mother Darlene (Donna Murphy) — she’s able to stay true to her roots as a bold, passionate lawyer on the rise in a new intimidating environment.

Series Finale:
Episode #8 — Ridgewell
Martina is called to the stand when a remark she made to her client resulted in him assaulting the CEO of a chemical plant. Meanwhile, Darlene quits her job and starts becoming more opinionated
First aired: December 29, 2012.

What do you think? Do you like the Made in Jersey TV show? Are you sorry that the TV show was cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

49 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Joanne says

I loved the show. I think it was pulled way too soon. I know a lot of people who were watching. CBS did not give the show a chance. I told a bunch of people how great the show was, they watched, agreed and then we were all quite disappointed when we found it was no longer on.

• says

I liked the first two eposides of Made in Jersey and I was looking forward to the rest of the eposides. I was very disapointed that the show got cancelled. The show didn’t have a fighting chance to prove it’s self, maybe a diffrent time slot would have been a better way to go. The other way to go is to see if you can sell the show to TNT.

2. Cheryl says

I’m very disappointed that Made In New Jersey has been cancelled . The first two shows were excellent . Finally a show that was worth watching. Please bring it back.

3. Lynn from New York says

Mde in jersey was a good show. Why would the network cancel the show after only airing two episodes? That is ridiculous! The network didn’t even try to move it to a different time, different day, different station. They just cancelled it. But disgusting shows like jersey shore were allowed to continue, until FINALLY that disgusting immoral a filth was removed. It is such a shame that our children are subjected to violence, gore, and filth, and when a nice show finally comes along, it is cancelled, before it even has a chance.

4. frank from northport says

I loved the first 2 shows, CBS should give the show another chance, maybe a different time slot. The show is perfectly casted.

5. Suzy says

It’s was one of my favorite new shows. Can’t believe they cancelled it after only two episodes! The networks are nuts. They keep crap and get rid of the good shows.

6. jedk says

Can’t Believe That The Network Would Not Give This A chance. It Could Have Been As Good As The Good Wife If Given A Chance!!!

7. David says

I found this show by accident last Friday. Loved it, was looking forward to watching 10/11/12. Instead, freaking CSI crap.

8. michele says

I loved it… I was telling everyone I knew to watch it. I looked forward to Friday’s. Now there is nothing on TV that I will watch on Friday’s.

9. says

Really?
    CBS cancels a terrific “lawyer” series, Harry’s Law with great writers, fantastic actors and tries to sell this? I am insulted, as a person from New Jersey. I grew up in this state and never heard any resident speak with this accent, maybe from the NYC area, but not here. I am tired of New Jersey being put on the chopping block for their supposedly crude accent.
    Of course I am not in the correct demographics, therefore my opinion isn’t of much concern to those who make the decisions.