Mama’s Boys From the Bronx: TLC Series “Cancelled” Says Star

canceled Mamas Boys From the BronxTLC has yanked Mama’s Boys From the Bronx from their schedule after two weeks on the air. The reality series revolves around a handful of thirty-something Italian-American guys who live at home with their moms in the northernmost boroughs of New York City.

According to TVMediaInsights and Nielsen, week-to-week Mama’s Boys dropped from 808,000 to 610,000 viewers at 10pm, and 817,000 to 563,000 viewers at 10:30pm. The cable channel has replaced Mama’s Boys with installments of Undercover Boss Abroad.

Castmembers have been encouraging fans of the show to petition TLC to bring the show back. One of the stars, Anthony Zoccolillo, wrote on Facebook, “You know whats funny TLC? We filmed all this great stuff about our culture, values, and traditions and you cut it all out and make them add all this nonsense then cancel us cause nobody liked what you told our production team to shoot.. what do you know about our Italian culture… let us be who we really are and then maybe we would have got better ratings.”

TLC commissioned eight episodes and four have yet to air. There’s no word on when or if they ever will.

What do you think? Did you like this reality series? Do you think that TLC should air the rest of the episodes?

james June 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Bring back Mama’s Boys from the Bronx. I love the show

Lucy June 25, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Men getting their eyebrows waxed and their nails done? Gimme a break! Keep them in mothballs. Don’t miss them at all. An embarrassment to all hardworking Italians.

Frank June 23, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I only watched the trailer for this show and I can see why it was cancelled. It was an embarrasment and disrespect to any Italian family who’s ancestors came to this country and worked hard to make it and become pillars of their community.

MARY June 21, 2012 at 1:21 am

There is a good reason this embarrassing show is off the air. Decent Italians, like myself complained. Son’s of Italy’s Social Justice Commitee doesn’t sit and take this bull s**t. Every other ethnic group that is made fun of is shut down. For years Italians were fair game. Now it is time to stop the stereotyping. I can say this to the people boo-hooying about this show, GROW-UP!!!!!

carrie June 18, 2012 at 9:15 am

We miss this show

Kathy Santoli June 16, 2012 at 7:48 am

I loved this show ,you all need to start the series from the start and keep fliming it was such a real show. Nothing fake about it. It was the best reality show TLC had . Who the hell cares about some Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. I can’t see that show having better raitings than Mama’s Boy’s. Or that stupid show Under cover Boss Abroad. You mean to tell my the raiting for that show went through the roof to keep it on. I watched Mama’s Boys and Long Island Medium and that was it before them I didn’t watch TLC.

nancy giancomo June 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Please bring back this show. I was really enjoying it and getting to look forward to future episodes. We watch guido’s and guidette’s that do not work and bang anything with a pulse, but these are grown men (all with jobs) and seemed very respectable, especially to their mothers!

Patti June 5, 2012 at 5:42 pm

ABSOLUTELY NOT ! ! BUNCH OF LAZY MEN WHO CAN’T GET BY WITHOUT THEIR MAMAS- HA, THEY DON’T EVEN DESERVE A WIFE. HATED THIS PROGRAM AND EVERYONE I KNOW THOUGHT IT WAS STUPID. KEEP IT IN THE DUMPSTER.

Saul June 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Bring it back!!!

Mary June 4, 2012 at 5:35 am

Please bring them back!!!!

Nancy Ferro June 4, 2012 at 5:02 am

I thought the first show was great. After that it sucked! Who wants to see a bunch of “mamma’s boys” in pursuit of slutty women? GROSS! Grow up and get a life!!

Rich Guarino June 3, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’m very disappointed, please bring them back

Rich Guarino June 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m very disappointed, please bring them back.

JEANNE WETHERBEE June 1, 2012 at 11:04 am

PLEASE BRING BACK MAMA BOYS IT WAS THE BEST SHOW ON TLC

nancy giancomo June 15, 2012 at 1:51 pm

agree!!! Please, bring it back.

frank May 31, 2012 at 8:01 am