Medium: Glenn Gordon Caron Teases the Last Episode of Cancelled TV Show

Medium canceledMany fans of CBS’ Medium are understandably upset that the show has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. However, creator Glenn Gordon Caron says that fans won’t be left hanging when the last episode finishes airing on January 21st. He promises “complete closure” for the Patricia Arquette series.

He teases that the last episode, which began filming last week, takes place in the present, seven years into the future, and then, 40 years after that. Caron notes that the entire Medium cast is part of the farewell episode but obscure characters from the show’s past won’t be reappearing.

Caron says that putting together the finale has been tricky, “We have to be intelligent, and we have to startle.” He also thinks it will be an emotional finale for longtime fans, saying, “I know for certain that people will tear up.”

What do you think? Do you like the sound of the series finale of Medium? Will you be tuning in?

Danielle Meo December 18, 2010 at 7:27 am

I was so sorry to hear that Medium has been cancelled. I look forward to any remaining episodes left and hope that it will be advertised when they will be on so I can make sure to watch. I wish the great actors much success on whatever they do in the future. Thanks for the great show !

Bill December 18, 2010 at 1:21 am

Holy Moly… And I thought I’d made my last post! If I’d known about the BRAVO Broo-Ha-Ha, I would have suggested TNT, or FX. Since I’ve got X-FINITY, I was just able to watch the BRAVO episiode that everyone is talking about. What kind of Karma is THAT? Anyway, I shall comment, truly, for the last time. First, WHO watches that show and WHY? Probably not a whole lot of teenagers, since the women at that dinner party might as well be in their sixties to them. Blue collar women who wish they were rich or famous? If that’s rich or famous, who needs it? And if there had been any blue collar women there, the hell with the camera, somebody probably would have gotten a punch in the face! (And I don’t mean the Jerry Springer crowd. I’m talking normal working people, mostly intoxicated, thrust into anything like that bizarre situation) As for Ms. Dubois…I listened carefully, and her comments about the kids have been totally mis-represented by most of the people here. Go back and listen to what she actually says./Also, according to Ms. Dubois, she loses her ability to read when she drinks. Did she suddenly get that back for this show? Don’t cancel Medium because of her performance on BRAVO…one has nothing to do with other. No matter how much the real Allison Dubois claims the show reflects her life….COME ON! The real Allison Dubois admits to hardly ever remembering her dreams. And if there were that many serial killers in Phoenix, Arizona, they would have sent in federal troops by now. Not to mention that no law enforcement types ANYWHERE put that much stock in mediums- Period! (And don’t try to convince me, save it. I’m the son of a long suffering homicide detective who felt obligated to follow up on every lead, from every fortune teller, with every insight, to every case, that never amounted to one arrest! And DAD never LIED! And, sadly, no law enforcement agencies will back up Ms. Dubois’s claims of solving any murders) BUT…sometimes, maybe art DOES reflect life. Call this male intuition, but it doesn’t take a detective to know that a few more performances like that, and the real Dubois marriage just Might Be In For Some Rough Times! To the real Ms.Dubois: You Hit you Miss, and when you hit, you hit BIG. Stick to what you do best…help people when you can, and DON’T DRINK IN PUBLIC….PLEASE! And if that was all an act? Pass on ever doing anything like that again. You don’t need the money, the fame, or the kind of friendship that would put you out there looking like that.

Sandy & Randy December 17, 2010 at 10:37 pm

WE are very sad as there is very little to watch on TV these days and now there will be even less. I feel sorry for all those people who have 52″ TV sets and nothing to watch. Bring it back get proper writers or invent one that will measure up.

Rose December 17, 2010 at 8:07 pm

edit to my just-sent entry:
I’ve been watching Medium since the first episode BUT I canceled the series record of the show immediately after seeing the real Allison Dubois on Real Housewives. She may be in tune with intuition and good at it as a profession (debateable) but for sure she shouldn’t ever go “off the clock”. She may be good at relating with the dead. With the living, not so much.

Rose December 17, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I’ve been watching Medium since the first episode BUT I canceled the series record of the show immediately after seeing the real Allison Dubois on Real Housewives. She may be in tune with intuition and good at it as a profession but for sure she shouldn’t ever go “off the clock”. She may be good a relating with the dead. With the living, not so much.

tricia December 17, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Loved the show…but if I would have seen the real Allison Dubois in a social setting, I know I would not have ever tuned in. She is such a joke and if her “powers” are real, it’s a shame they are wasted on such a hateful person. I tuned into the Real Housewives of BH and she is a real monster. She should really be ashamed of herself (as well as Camille and the other thing that was with them). She should have just stopped drinking for a second & acted like a lady for once in her life. Not surprising she is friends with Camille. In fact all 3 “ladies” (for lack of a better word) that stayed at the table are seriously gross & evil. If it were not for this show, I would have felt so bad for Camille…now I feel so sorry for Kelsey for putting up with her for even a day. Why didn’t she fill Camille in on Kelsey’s other lady??? Time to humble down Camille & time to find some class Miss Medium.

Bill December 17, 2010 at 11:16 am

I keep asking at every site that will take my comments, why doesn’t Glenn Gordon Caron try selling the series to a cable network like Lifetime, Bravo, or Sci-fi? I still say there’s two good seasons worth of plot left. Again, will Ariel take her powers with grace, or become a drunk? How will Manny be as the new mayor? Who will take his place? Will Allison get her law degree? And, for the first time, there appears to be serious trouble in the Dubois marriage! Not to mention Bridget coming of age, Lee as police chief, Allison’s brother helping to steady the floundering domestic bliss of the Dubois household; plus the remaining 54 serial killers whom seem to favor Phoenix as the serial killing mecca of the nation, at least two years, maybe even three- easy! Apparently, though, Glenn and certain cast members are tired and want out. In any profession you can settle for good, or you can push for great. Looks like this show has decided on good. Oh… and to hell with quality television, cast and crew members who still need the work, and of course the fans! I’ve said all I can say, and this is my last post. My final word on the subject???
W-h-a-t-e-v-e-r…..

Bill December 17, 2010 at 11:14 am

I keep asking at every site that will take my comments, doesn’t Glenn Gordon Caron try selling the series to a cable network like Lifetime, Bravo, or Sci-fi? I still say there’s two good seasons worth of plot left. Again, will Ariel take her powers with grace, or become a drunk? How will Manny be as the new mayor? Who will take his place? Will Allison get her law degree? And, for the first time, there appears to be serious trouble in the Dubois marriage! Not to mention Bridget coming of age, Lee as police chief, Allison’s brother helping to steady the floundering domestic bliss of the Dubois household; plus the remaining 54 serial killers whom seem to favor Phoenix as the serial killing mecca of the nation, at least two years, maybe even three- easy! Apparently, though, Glenn and certain cast members are tired and want out. In any profession you can settle for good, or you can push for great. Looks like this show has decided on good. Oh… and to hell with quality television, cast and crew members who still need the work, and of course the fans! I’ve said all I can say, and this is my last post. My final word on the subject???
W-h-a-t-e-v-e-r…..

violet t. December 17, 2010 at 10:53 am

I am so sad to see this show go just like terriers. gonna quit watching tv altogether because there will be nothing to watch. Quit canceling all my shows !!

Little Snowflake December 17, 2010 at 9:09 am

Like Jen above, I have to say that I loved Patricia A. playing the role of Allison Dubois on this show! I watched it often and thought it was a great tv show. However, the real Allison Dubois that was on the Real Housewives of BH was totally classless. I can’t believe a grown woman would act the way that she did. I also call into question her “gift” especially considering the very inappropriate and hurtful things she said about Kyle. In my opinion, noone who truly had the gift to see things would use that gift in a malicious way like she did on the show. Ms. Dubois showed herself to be trashy and totally undeserving…all the time puffing on a electronic cigarette. She does seem out of touch with reality…

Jen December 16, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I really like Patricia, but I will say that the real Allison Dubois has ruined it for me. She is a b*#$% and she has completely ruined the show for me. I’m sad because it’s a great show, but that crazy lady’s appearance on Real Housewives was death to her career…

peter de luca December 16, 2010 at 8:14 am

Looks like he’s going to copy the ending of “Six Feet Under” Sound familiar?

Jeni December 16, 2010 at 7:44 am

I always enjoyed how “real” the children were – and will miss the show.

cz December 16, 2010 at 1:29 am

I came to this series late but caught up over the years reruns on lifetime starting at 12:30 am night after night. The acting is superb and the characters were genuinely likable. Some people I know actually loved the family and the Manuel character. I just loved the family. I believe that lots of women would give their eye teeth for Joe. I’m sorry for me it will be a great loss. It was a wonderful combination of the Twilight Zone (a masterpiece in itself) and any other Sci fi one could imagine. A golden globe or Emmy should be given to the entire cast and one other standout would be the two episodes that Angeleca Houston was in. That was so riviting it will stay with me forever!! I thank you cast, directors and producers for the most fulfilling show in recent memory. I will miss all of you in these rolls. Best of luck. If there’s any way to save it,perhaps have yet another network pick it up, Fox, A&E Opra’s Network. Come on woman, show us what you’re made of! I would be eternally grateful. As would the fans.

John December 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

I will miss Medium, but it was getting a little annoying to see Allison get affected by some stupid ailment or ability (can’t understand people, seeing weird symbols on foreheads, switching bodies, etc.) and worse, her being so dense about it. You’d think Allison would be the first to understand what’s going on and how to deal with/hide the problem of the week. I guess lazy writing is common for all TV shows.