Many things have changed since the original Melrose Place was on the air. One thing that hasn’t changed is that, for a TV show to stay on the air, a lots of people need to be watching each week. Unfortunately for the new Melrose Place, there aren’t many watching.
The most important thing to the CW network is for people to watch the show on their television sets while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, watching online, or watching on your DVR days later is all very nice but it really doesn’t help a show’s ratings.
If you like the new Melrose Place and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not know it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show gets people interested and invested in watching.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of The CW, 3300 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505, RE: Melrose Place
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To The CW network and CBS Television Studios:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching the new Melrose Place TV show on The CW network. It’s a fun show to watch and we look forward to each new episode, witing to seeing what each of the characters will do next.
We encourage you to find a way to keep Melrose Place on the air at all cost. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on The CW or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.