Memphis Beat: TNT Show Returns for Season Two in June

Memphis Beat season twoJason Lee is coming back for a second season of Elvis songs and Memphis Beat. The series is returning on Tuesday, June 14th with a new round of 10 episodes.

The TNT drama, starring Lee, Alfre Woodard, and DJ Qualls, debuted last June to a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.33 million. The ratings dropped after that but the first season ended up averaging a 0.8 rating in the demo and 3.86 million viewers.

Season one concluded on August 24th and it was renewed for a second season in early September.

What do you think? Are you glad Memphis Beat is coming back? Will you be tuning in?

Canceled and renewed TV show

75 Comments on "Memphis Beat: TNT Show Returns for Season Two in June"

Notify of

jolu
jolu
March 26, 2011 7:17 am

Love the show. I’m glad it’s coming back, hope they don’t cancel it. I also like THE GLADES, can’t wait for it to come back.

Joyce
Joyce
April 2, 2011 9:41 pm

The Glades is another great enjoyable yet believable show. Love his natural approach to crime & life.

Chris
Chris
March 26, 2011 5:25 am

Love the show, the actors and the music!

Rumer O Cook
Rumer O Cook
March 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I lived in Texas for over 14 years. My favorite author is William Faulkner. ‘Memphis Beat’ is the most accurate portrayal of the South and Southerners I have ever seen on TV. Everything from the music, acting, directing and writing is a 101 course for anyone curious about the charm, dignity, foibles and culture of every Southern town I have lived in or visited. Bravo TNT!

Tahlula Belle
Tahlula Belle
March 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I am so estatic that they are bringing back Memphis Beat….love Elvis, love Jason’s raspy versions of the Oldies, but Goodies!! Mmmm…can’t wait!!

Pattyann
Pattyann
March 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I love this show. Who knew Jason Lee could sing? This is a show the whole family can enjoy. Please don’t even think about cancelling this show.

mcricket2
mcricket2
March 25, 2011 5:00 pm

We love this show, and also love Jason Micheal Lee’s voice, would like to buy his CD’s however can not seem to find any. Sure hope there will be more eposodes.

Keith
Keith
March 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Memphis Beat rocks, So glad its coming back. Finally a show with a family appeal with little to no violence. If the networks cancell this show at any point they should have their heads checked

m herncane
March 19, 2011 7:03 pm

very glad to see the show returning!

Janell Poehling
Janell Poehling
March 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Loved Jason Lee’s smooth wrap-up at the end of each show with some emotional case solved and some beautiful song to tie it all together. Can’t wait to get back to Memphis Beat!

Karen Green
Karen Green
March 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I really, really hope this season has a season 4. The characters are so interesting and well defined and there is so little violence. I love it. I wish there were more than 10 new shows.

Lucy
Lucy
March 17, 2011 8:45 am

Yes, I am glad Memphis Beat is coming back in June. I watched all the reruns recently on TNT and really look forward to the show. I am one of the oldies who loves Elvis and really enjoy the characters.

Patti
Patti
March 28, 2011 11:04 am

I am very excited that Jason Lee and Mephis Beat are coming back. Can’t wait for JUNE.

Vicky Miller
March 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Love, Love this show! So glad you’re having a second season!!

J A McC
J A McC
March 16, 2011 6:27 pm

So glad to hear M B is returning for a second season. The cast truly portrays a family and it’s daily dilemmas that can occur. Can’t wait to “hear” Jason “sing”..

Fred Dillemuth
Fred Dillemuth
March 15, 2011 11:00 pm

We love Memphis Beat. All the other reviews are spot on. Is ther anything Jason Lee can’t do? I think he does “Suspicious Minds” even better than the King! We have to support great writing and character development like this. Also we need Jason to do an album of Elvis covers.

Nancy Hawks
Nancy Hawks
March 15, 2011 12:02 pm

My husband and I love Memphis Beat. The music is great, the cast is one of the best on TV, and the writing is different from anything else around. It paints Memphis like we remember it, old and funky. What a great show. Wish there were more than 10 this year.

spider55
spider55
March 15, 2011 8:29 am

Good news! The songs from last season still run through my head. Great cast, great stories.

wpDiscuz