Person of Interest: Season Two Ratings

CBS TV show Person of Interest ratingsLast season, Person of Interest actually grew in the ratings. After looking like it was headed for cancellation, the numbers came back up and even hit a series high in March. Will the ratings keep growing or will they fall again? We’ll have to wait and see.

The second season of Person of Interest typically airs on Thursday nights at 9pm on the CBS network. The cast includes Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman, and Taraji P. Henson.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Person of Interest is going to be cancelled or renewed for season three.

Final season averages: 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.41 million total viewers.

Episode 02-22: Thursday, 05/09/13
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 13.16 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.41 million.

Episode 02-21: Thursday, 05/02/13
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 12.96 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.92 in the demo with 14.47 million.

Episode 02-20: Thursday, 04/25/13
2.4 in the demo (-11% change) with 13.22 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 2.94 in the demo with 14.54 million.

Episode 02-19: Thursday, 04/04/13
2.7 in the demo (-7% change) with 14.57 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 2.97 in the demo with 14.61 million.

UPDATE: Person of Interest has been renewed for a third season by CBS.

Episode 02-18: Thursday, 03/14/13
2.9 in the demo (+4% change) with 14.34 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 14.62 million.

Episode 02-17: Thursday, 03/07/13
2.8 in the demo (-3% change) with 14.57 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 14.63 million.

Episode 02-16: Thursday, 02/21/13
2.9 in the demo (-3% change) with 14.22 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 3.01 in the demo with 14.64 million.

Episode 02-15: Thursday, 02/14/13
3.0 in the demo (-3% change) with 14.87 million (0% change).
Season averages: 3.01 in the demo with 14.66 million.

Episode 02-14: Thursday, 02/07/13
3.1 in the demo (-3% change) with 14.88 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 3.01 in the demo with 14.65 million.

Episode 02-13: Thursday, 01/31/13
3.2 in the demo (-3% change) with 15.71 million (0% change).
Season averages: 3.01 in the demo with 14.63 million.

Episode 02-12: Thursday, 01/10/13
3.3 in the demo (-3% change) with 15.67 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.99 in the demo with 14.54 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 02-11: Thursday, 01/03/13
3.4 in the demo (+17% change) with 16.23 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 2.96 in the demo with 14.44 million.

Episode 02-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
2.9 in the demo (0% change) with 14.08 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.92 in the demo with 14.26 million.

Episode 02-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
2.9 in the demo (0% change) with 14.18 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.92 in the demo with 14.28 million.

Episode 02-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
2.9 in the demo (-7% change) with 14.43 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.92 in the demo with 14.29 million.

Episode 02-07: Thursday, 11/15/12
3.1 in the demo (+7% change) with 14.57 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.93 in the demo with 14.27 million.

Episode 02-06: Thursday, 11/08/12
2.9 in the demo (0% change) with 14.87 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.23 million.

Episode 02-05: Thursday, 11/01/12
2.9 in the demo (0% change) with 13.66 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.10 million.

Episode 02-04: Thursday, 10/25/12
2.9 in the demo (+4% change) with 14.03 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.21 million.

Episode 02-03: Thursday, 10/18/12
2.8 in the demo (-7% change) with 13.93 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.26 million.

Episode 02-02: Thursday, 10/04/12
3.0 in the demo (+3% change) with 14.58 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 2.95 in the demo with 14.43 million.

Episode 02-01: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.28 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 14.28 million.

Compared to its series premiere a year ago, the show was down by 7% in the demo (vs a 3.1 rating) but up by 8% in viewers (vs 13.33 million). This was Person of Interest’s best demo since April and best viewership since late March.

Reference point: The first season of Person of Interest averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 13.31 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Person of Interest TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

a January 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Just because an American show has millions of viewers, doesn’t mean that it’s a quality show; Most of the population are uneducated- only around 30% have college degrees, so naturally, it wouldn’t take much to please or amaze them.

The actors in Person Of Interest phone in their performances; if you guys want to see some real acting you should watch Spooks- the actors, including the guest stars, were put through the wringer: running, shouting, screaming, crying, speaking technical dialogue, etc.

Karen hechler January 10, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Pease renew this series, we look forward to watching Person of Interest every Thursday, one of the best shows on — please please renew

MK January 5, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Uh…excuse me Suits, but if a scripted show averages 14 million and the word “cancel” even crosses your tiny minds (let alone lips) you are bigger fools than I thought you were! PoI is one of the best written and acted shows on TV. And unlike a lot of shows with a “mystery” core to them, it just keeps getting better and better and the mystery more and more intriguing. Who knew Finch created the internet? LOL Great stuff!!!

Samara January 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I whole-heartedly agree! I love this show and everything about it!

geri January 5, 2013 at 12:57 am

My favorite show. Well written, good cast, well rounded characters and interesting plots. Long may it run.

Patty December 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

This show is “must see TV” for me. Thursday nights are sacrosanct. At 9:00 PM. I am in front of my TV watching my favorite program. Of course I also DVR the show, so I can watch it again…., and again. I love the characters, Finch, Fusco, Carter and most especially Mr. Reese. Jim Caviezel has really come into his own with this character. Reese is flawed yet noble. And the show is so intense, suspenseful and interesting. I love watching every week, even if I sometimes do so from behind the sofa. :)

Donna January 5, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Just when I think – finch has it covered boom surprise…great show. Great cast…love it…keep up the good work :-)

Miris December 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I would be very sad to lose this show. I look forward to it every week. Well written and well acted.

Savageman3 December 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Great show…one of the best on TV.

Samah Khan November 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hope it’s renewed for many more seasons. Best show on tv

Bob November 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hope it’s renewed for many more seasons. Best show on tv

a November 18, 2012 at 3:05 pm

First, I apologize for this long rant, but I feel frustrated that a lot of my fellow Americans are calling “Person Of Interest” a “great show” and only praising other American shows when other foreign countries have intellectually compelling shows that cause you to look at yourself and learn more about international policies, governments, racism, etc.

However, I am interested in Finch’s backstory- how he became injured and what his relationship with his fiance was like. Other than that, I don’t like the rest of the show- it’s too maudlin; the writing is too self-congratulatory for my taste, with Reese having a gunfight in every episode, unrealistically defeating them (no one is perfect); and every victim saying, “Thank you,” to Reese at the end of every episode (Seriously, not all Americans are that nice and polite; whenever I tried to help them or even say, “Hello,” in passing, I wasn’t well-received at all: they didn’t want to be bothered. I feel foolish, sometimes, for saying, “Please,” “Thank you”, etc. when people around me don’t); and for a show set in a multicultural city, there are hardly any other ethnicities shown other than Caucasian.

Why Watch November 30, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Please ‘a’ hold the self-righteousness. Not all foreigners are perfect either. I have travelled overseas and have found the same to be true -not all people are gracious and polite, some don’t want to be bothered. And didn’t the X-Factor and other useless shows originate from the UK? No one country is perfect and TV certainly isn’t. If you’re looking for culture and intellectual challenge, TV is not the place to be looking in any country.

Samara December 1, 2012 at 6:08 am

Wow – that’s a lot of criticism for a show you don’t seem to understand! So, to help clarify it for you, I’ll remind you, first, that no one is comparing it to another show, they are merely asking opinions about this one show, in and of itself! Not to mention that you have no idea what country anyone who posts on here is from, unless they tell you – don’t presume to know! Your perception of the “protaganists” being perfect, altruistic, and seemingly doubtless, is so off the mark, that I find it hard to believe you’ve even watched an episode! Also, the dog is not a crutch, he is a character! He gives insight into the other characters, and conveys emotions in a subtle way, instead of forcing a verbose script filled with exposition!
For your other “observation”, perhaps you should try saying your please’s and thank-you’s, maybe even your hello’s, with a bit more sincerity, and quite a bit less expectation, and then you’ll find you are more “well-received”! I practice courtesy at all times, I don’t really care if it’s recipricated, and I never feel foolish! In the future, you should try not to generalize so greatly!

Suncatcher December 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

@a -
“The U.K.’s “Spooks/MI5″ puts this show to shame: unlike in “Person Of Interest”, the U.K. writers didn’t write their protagonists to be perfect, altruistic, human beings; they showed their protagonists question their morality, doubt themselves and their colleagues, feel stressed out from “saving people,”, be unable to save people, and, sometimes, die in the process! Their characters had dry, self-deprecating humor, and the writers didn’t put pets in the show as a crutch.”

You DO realize you just described Person of Interest? I’ve got to agree with Samara here – at best, you watched 1 episode. No way you could have drawn these eroneous conclusions if you had been watching POI on a regular basis. Give it another chance and better educate yourself -or don’t bother watching it – then bothering us here.

Messacheckabee December 3, 2012 at 11:33 am

…” I feel frustrated that a lot of my fellow Americans are calling “Person Of Interest” a “great show” and only praising other American shows when other foreign countries have intellectually compelling shows that cause you to look at yourself and learn more about international policies, governments, racism, etc”… so you like a show from UK better. Okay, then watch that instead. That’s okay. Whatever you prefer.

I love this show. I also love a lot of shows from UK, MI5 is good, I agree. But I don’t think most people watch those kind of shows to “look at yourself and learn more”. They are not documentaries. And MI5 has, like all of theese kind of shows, most likely some errors in them too. It is meant to be entertaining, and to make it entertaining the writers take some creative liberties.
I am a fairly new american (I have been here since 2004) so I am still learning about the american culture, but to me it seems logical to add a dog for people with personalities like Reese and Finch.
And about the “thank you” in the end, if you save peoples lives they should thank you, it isn’t exactly like opening the door for someone at the supermarket. And have you been to London? Or Paris? Or Stockholm? Americans in big cities are no more rude than people in big cities all over the world. On the countryside -nicer. Everwhere.

Vickie Arnone November 17, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I love this program I watch it every week I love Jim Cavaziel he is wonderful I only wish that he would have a romantic interest in 1 of the episodes

Jr November 13, 2012 at 3:08 am

Very good story line and it would even better if zoe either dates john or joins finch and john 2 work with them but it is still a nice show

Judy Vaughn November 11, 2012 at 11:08 am

I love this show, bought the first season on dvd. I like the way it’s progressed, and follows through on the story line. Can’t wait for Root to re-appear along with Snow & Tara. Excellent show, hope it’s renewed for season 3.

Dr. Antonia Martinez November 11, 2012 at 3:29 am

I used to watch this show faithfully and would always catch up online the next day if I missed an episode. Now that it’s not available online, I don’t watch it faithfully because I know I won’t be able to catch up if I miss something. In general, I notice that I don’t commit to shows that aren’t available online or on video-on-demand.

Suncatcher December 2, 2012 at 11:47 am

@Dr. Martinez – go to: one-tvshows.eu/tv/person-of-interest
You’ll find what you are looking for. Enjoy!

Donna November 10, 2012 at 5:22 am

I love this show, it’s not fair that it’s not available on-line to view full episodes. I no longer have cable/satellite TV…only watch shows available on-line. I get my mom to keep this show on her TiVo and that makes me have to go see her, every couple of weeks…to catch up on the story. It’s going to get very interesting with the intro of the villian Root – very good begenning of season 2…