Power: Starz TV Show Renewed for Season Two

8/13 update: Hear that season two of Power has been cancelled?

Power TV show: season 2Starz has handed down another early renewal. After just one airing, the cable channel has renewed their new Power TV series for a second season. Production will begin on the next 10 episodes this September.

Here are the details:

STARZ CHARGES UP FOR A SECOND SEASON OF THE ORIGINAL SERIES “POWER”

Production Slated to Resume September 2014 with a Ten-Episode Second Season of the New York Drama

Executive Producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Creator and Executive Producer Courtney Kemp Agboh Return

Beverly Hills, Calif., June 11, 2014 – Starz announced today a season two pick up of “Power,” the New York-based drama starring Omari Hardwick. Creator, showrunner and executive producer Courtney Kemp Agboh and fellow executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, David Knoller and Randall Emmett will return for the sophomore season. Production is set to begin on the 10-episode second season in and around New York, as well as at its home base at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn this September.

The eight-episode first season of this visionary crime drama is set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade, and follows James “Ghost” St. Patrick as he attempts to leave his illegitimate lifestyle behind.

“I am so grateful to Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik, and everyone at Starz for their support of ‘Power.’ I am thrilled and excited to have the opportunity to create a season two that we plan to be bigger and better than the first,” shared series creator Courtney Kemp Agboh.

“‘Power’ is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this. Viewers may be loving the start of season one now, but season two will blow them away,” says executive producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.

Starz retains all global distribution and home entertainment rights to the series.

About “Power”

“Power” tells the story of wealthy New York City nightclub owner, James “Ghost” St. Patrick, who caters to the city’s elite. He wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: he is living a double life. When he is not in the club, he is the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York for a very high-level clientele. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all.

Lead Omari Hardwick (Sparkle, For Colored Girls, Kick Ass, “Being Mary Jane”) is joined by Lela Loren (Snitch, “Gang Related”), Naturi Naughton (Fame, “The Client List,” “Mad Men”) and Joseph Sikora (Jack Reacher, Safe, “True Detective”). Rounding out the cast are Andy Bean, Sinqua Walls, Adam Huss, Greg Serano, Lucy Walters, Kathrine Narducci and Luis Antonio Ramos. La La Anthony, Diane Neal, Victor Garber, J.R. Ramirez, Debbi Morgan, Shane Johnson and Enrique Murciano also appear.

The series is created by Courtney Kemp Agboh (“The Good Wife”), who serves as executive producer and showrunner. Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton (300, Immortals, 300: Rise of an Empire), Randall Emmett (End of Watch, 2 Guns, Lone Survivor) and David Knoller (“Big Love,” “Carniv├ále”) also serve as executive producers. The series is produced in association with CBS Television Studios.

About Starz

Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) is a leading integrated global media and entertainment company with operating units that provide premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television channels (Starz Networks), global content distribution (Starz Distribution) and animated television and movie production (Starz Animation), www.starz.com.

Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R) pay TV networks which showcase premium original programming and movies to U.S. multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. As of March 31, 2014, STARZ and ENCORE serve a combined 56.3 million subscribers, including 21.9 million at STARZ, and 34.4 million at ENCORE, making them the largest pair of premium flagship channels in the U.S. STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R), along with Starz Networks’ third network MOVIEPLEX(R), air over 1,000 movies monthly across 17 linear networks, complemented by On Demand and authenticated online offerings through STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY. Starz Distribution develops, produces and acquires entertainment content, distributing it to consumers globally on DVD, digital formats and traditional television. Starz Distribution’s home video, digital media and worldwide distribution business units distribute original programming content produced by Starz, as well as entertainment content for itself and third parties. Starz Animation produces animated TV and movie content for studios, networks, distributors and audiences worldwide.

About CBS Television Studios

CBS Television Studios is one of the industry’s leading suppliers of primetime network programming, with the #1 and #2 dramas, “NCIS” and “NCIS: Los Angeles” and the #1 new comedy “The Millers” which also ranks as the third most watched network comedy. The studio’s roster of popular and critically-acclaimed programs also includes the phenomenally successful CSI franchise, “Elementary,” starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, the Peabody Award winning series “The Good Wife,” starring multiple award winner Julianna Margulies, “Under the Dome,” last summer’s most watched program; “Reign,” the hit CW series, the daytime talk show “The Talk,” and BET’s #1 scripted show “The Game.” Upcoming new series include “NCIS: New Orleans,” “CSI: Cyber,” “The Odd Couple,” “Madam Secretary” and “Scorpion” for CBS and “Jane the Virgin” and “The Messengers,” for The CW in addition to the highly anticipated summer event “Extant” starring Academy Award winner Halle Berry.

What do you think? Have you checked out this series? Do you think it should have been renewed?

POOHB86 July 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I WOULD PAY TO WATCH THE NEXT SEASON NOW!! I LOVE THIS!! Has fallen in love with GHOST!! I FIND MYSELF WATCHING THE SAME SHOW SEVERAL TIMES A DAY!! DIRECTORS, GREAT JOB IN CHOOSING YOUR ACTORS! STARZ…KEEP IT COMING!

Pamelicious July 28, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I love POWER!!!!!! Ghost is definitely that dude…. I totally feel the relationship with him and Naturi is PERFECT as his wife…. it’s shows the transition of him as a man…. the love of his life leaves and goes to college 10 days before her 18th birthday…. I’m thinkin’ Tasha was an extra chick, back in the days….. proved to ride or die… so he wifed her…. [WHY IS THAT A STRETCH] the problem is… Tasha, is CAUGHT UP, and fell victim to the game… she loves the money and doesn’t want to leave… thereby the girl in her is hooked… Ghost has grown… and doesn’t wish to be ABOUT THAT LIFE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE…. it happens…. 1st love, soul mate, what could have been…. yes that ANGELA… he has a SOUL TIE with her… he claved to her and there are binds that not even years can break… he didn’t have to be unhappy with Tasha…. Angela was a darkened door of opportunity that was never closed…. his heart is in it!! I get it… Don’t like 50 AT ALL…. but the show is the bomb dot com…..

ladyb July 27, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Love the show I hate to see it end so soon. My only regrets is how they have Ghost cheating on his wife with a Latino friend, I just feel it was too soon into a new series to introduce his infidelity especially when it wasn’t shown that he was unhappy with his family life

the boss lady July 27, 2014 at 7:17 pm

This is one of the Best show on TV right now
The cast is awesome. I do hate the fact that
Ghost cheat on his strong black queen for
Another woman other than another black
Queen, we know that’s how Hollywierd
Works.

Ebony queen July 27, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I love the show can’t wait for season two!!!!

Dbefree July 27, 2014 at 10:07 am

Hell yeah! Love it! Can’t wait for next season.

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 3:52 am

Amazing shows im dying to season two ghood job all the produ ce rs and cast members hope too see you all on the next season

Thomas Bewley July 27, 2014 at 9:56 am

What month will power be back on?

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 2:27 am

Love it

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I love the show.

Thomas Bewley July 19, 2014 at 11:22 pm

While i read some reviews before it started that didnt give the series a fair chance. Im glad i didnt listen because clearly they dont know what there talking about. The show is great and has a big following already,so Starz knew what they had by renewing early…. Sometimes you have to watch for yourself to draw opinion.

YellowCherrie July 14, 2014 at 10:17 am

I really enjoyed watching all episodes of Power, the Mrs. St. Patrick played by
Naturi Naughton she is ok, but it just seem although a little girl trying to play a womans part…. Overall great show..

La Jean Graham July 11, 2014 at 9:12 am

Up until two days ago,I knew nothing about the series “Power”. My son came over to help me celebrate my birthday and told me about “Power”,not only did I look at it but finished looking at all of season one. Omari Hardwick gives an excellent performance as he always does in whatever role he is playing. I can’t wait until season two starts. If you haven’t had a chance to look at season one,do yourself a favor and take the time to sit down and check it out. Curtis “50cent” Jackson has a winner on his hands. Keep it coming and I’ll be waiting for it.

Rhonda Love June 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I love all the characters in this show. I know this show will be amazing and I am happy they renewed this show for a second season.

JohnnyManziel June 13, 2014 at 1:40 am

I have to say I am so happy that this show has been renewed for a second season because I see potential. I’m most excited about Omari Hardwick and Louis Antonio Ramos’ characters as they are some hella talented actors.

Grandizer June 12, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Really??? After 1 OK episode???
Jump the gun much???

Obvious plots all over the place as well.
1) The ex girlfriend who he hasn’t seen for years, is back and is a prosecuter.
2) His 2nd in command is ripping him off and putting the blame on others.
3) The girlfriend he is with sees him with another woman, close and cozy, does NOT come over and introduce herself, does NOT ask anything about her. Does strip and play with herself in car with driver watching.
4) The usual Mexican drug cartel leader in the US and having talks about drugs pretty much where ever he wants as if the US government is not knowing and listening in.
5) Who then of course goes in and starts negotiations with another rival gang to take over the distribution network.

So, can you say formulaic? I can. Pretty nude women will keep me watching although I don’t know for how long.

Ebony queen July 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm

To Grandizer!
If you feel that way then don’t watch it!

For the rest of us who enjoy it, keep it coming Starz!!! Love the show regardless of foreseeable events that some of us may look forward to. Keeping us on the edge and the excitement of what’s to come is exciting. I love the show and especially Omari! Good job hope to see it last as long as you can make it last! Thanks for giving me something new to look forward to.