Revenge: Season Three Ratings

Revenge TV show on ABCMany complained that the second season of Revenge wasn’t as compelling as the first and the ratings fell. Will the numbers continue to decline or will they rise? Will the show be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season? Time will tell.

On Revenge, Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) continues her efforts to destroy the wealthy Grayson family. The rest of the cast includes Madeleine Stowe, Gabriel Mann, Henry Czerny, Nick Wechsler, Josh Bowman, Barry Sloane, Connor Paolo, and Christa B. Allen.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/8 update: ABC has renewed Revenge for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.90 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, try reloading the page or view it here.

Last year comparison: The second season of Revenge averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.02 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Revenge TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Naomi June 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Please do not cancel!! I love this show alot. I would not know what else to watch if wasn’t for this show, so pretty please?!

Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 9:38 pm

It hasn’t been cancelled. It was renewed in May.

Jane Ribas June 3, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Please renew REVENGE for a fourth season in order to complete the whole story because the 3rd Season Finale did not make sense at all!!!

Mike June 2, 2014 at 1:09 am

The writers don’t know how to pace themselves. A series has a trajectory. You can’t just put everything exciting up front and expect to have relevant story left a few seasons later. From the very first few episodes of the first season, I thought the show was moving too fast to be able to sustain its premise.

First episode was good. It was a guilty pleasure; like a modern-day Dynasty or Dallas, campy stares w/dramatic music. Nothing like BravoTV reality show guilty pleasures where everyone is tacky and wears a weave. The second season packed a lot of drama. I really enjoyed it. The third season, I couldn’t finish.

‘Emily’ shouldn’t have been able to work her way into a near wedding in the first season. She shouldn’t have been able to marry into the family by the second season. She shouldn’t have been shot so soon. In addition to that, there were pregnancies & deaths, all within the first two seasons. In a successful series, these sorts of things are not spaced so closely together & they certainly don’t come so soon.

The premise of the show was that Amanda was going to marry into the family & take them down from within. They were stupid enough to place that in the third season. Once she did so, instead of her taking Graysons down, they moved the post by moving her out & we found ourselves back at season one, with monotony and desperation on the part of the writers. In short, Revenge shot its load too soon.

One final issue that annoyed me the entire time is Daniel’s accent. Here’s a guy who was raised wealthy and he has the accent of a guy named Sal, serving up pizza in Brooklyn. This guy has such an extreme blue collar accent. Surely they could’ve found a handsome guy who actually sounds like he was raised with some pedigree… or was a good enough actor to fake it.

hal May 22, 2014 at 4:48 am

Revenge should be axed after season 3. Emily/ Amanda got her revenge on Conrad and Victoria Grayson. David Clarke was exonerated. It is also revealed that David Clarke is still alive. What more needs to be done. To draw out the show over another 20 odd episodes based on boring side stories involving Pascal’s offspring, and Daniel Grayson is ridiculous. It was meant to finish this year. In fact the actors only wanted the series to run for 15 episodes, and now they want to drag it out. I will not be watching season 4. In my mind it is done and dusted.

Gwen May 15, 2014 at 12:08 am

I watch on HuluPlus… Does that show in their ratings? I have been a loyal follower since it’s first season aired on Netflix. The cast makes the series! They work so well together now. Please let us see Emily’s revenge through to it’s end! :)

Cas May 7, 2014 at 10:22 am

LOVE REVENGE! …..royal watcher since the first season. Actually a show that isn’t a Cop show or medical show! It’s different, original. The characters (an actors), plot, the scenic views are wonderful. Love Sunday nights. My college son watches it , my mother-in-law watches ..and it’s actually a show my husband likes too!! Please don’t cancel it!!!!

iceiceblakey May 5, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I was addicted from the very first episode, of course there are ups and downs in here. The show keeps me on the edge of my seat every sunday. I find myself counting the days until the next episode and i shush everyone in my house while its on. I’ve gotten a bunch of my friends hooked on it as well. Victoria Grayson is my spirit animal haha. i would be so lost if they were to cancel this show before they completely wrap up her revenge (but not rushed) i think it has more that one more season left in it.. theres so much you could do with the show. just because the shows name is revenge doesn’t mean it can’t be about other things.. i for one love the cast, i feel like they just settled into their characters so the best has yet to come! PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL REVENGE!