¡Rob!: Cancelled by CBS; No Second Season

No season two of ROB on CBS, canceledRob wanted to fit in with his new wife’s family. Unfortunately, ¡Rob! didn’t fit on CBS’s 2012-13 schedule. The network has cancelled the sitcom after eight episodes.

The TV show follows Rob (Rob Schneider), a former life-long bachelor and landscape architect with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He marries into a close-knit Mexican-American family and attempts to be closer to them, intentions that often ending in disastrous results.

Debuting on January 12th, ¡Rob! drew a 4.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.47 million viewers. That was a positive start and, compared to the previous original episode of Rules of Engagement, the network was up by 52% in the demo and 41% in total viewership.

Over the course of the season, the ratings for ¡Rob! declined and the March 1st finale hit a new season low; a 2.6 in the demo with 8.99 million.

The first season of ¡Rob! averaged a 3.3 rating in the demo with 11.02 million. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative success of shows on the network, ¡Rob! has a “B” grade and is #8 on the list of CBS scripted shows.

On any other network, these kinds of numbers would have been enough to warrant season two. However, CBS has plenty of hit sitcoms so they have very high standards for success. For whatever reason, CBS has cancelled ¡Rob! after one season and eight episodes.

What do you think? Are you going to miss the ¡Rob! sitcom? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Is it better than Rules of Engagement?

Canceled and renewed TV show

80 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. gilbert says

Hope another network gets it.Coming from a latino family with quite a few anglos in it,we all watched and laughed because so much resemblance to our own.

2. carol says

I think you have made a mistake not letting this show have another season, funny, light, I think CBS needs to rethink this for sale it to another station that knows a good thing

3. Susie McCauley says

I can’t believe they cancelled rob ! These stupid reality shows are what need to go ! I hope rob shows up on another channel !

4. madeline says

I thought the show was creative and shows a true side of what American Latinos go threw after choosing a Anglos to be part of the family merging families together is hard and even harder when u have cultural differences. Will miss the show.

5. Mariauxi says

I was sad to see the TV show ¡Rob! canceled. I though the cast was excellent, especially the work of Eugenio Derbez (who played Hector). He is hilarious!! He is one of the funniest Mexican comedians and his work is well known in all Latin America. I was so happy to see him working on this sitcom. I think they were lucky to have him in ¡Rob!. He’s proved that he’s an excellent actor as he has played non comedy roles as well (watch him in the movie “La misma luna” – “Under the same moon”). I hope Mr. Schneider and his producers don’t give up and continue this project, even if it is in another network. I’d keep my eyes open for it! For now I’ll keep watching the reruns in Netflix! :0)

6. Rob says

Enjoyed the few episodes I had a chance to view. And I hate most sitcoms. Would have been a solid show for a few seasons, dumb move to cancel it.

7. Anonymous says

LOVED!!!!!! This show, sooo funny. Why did it get canceled? My hussband and I couldn’t stop laughing. So sad that it’s no longer on…..

8. Anonymous says

This show just popped up on Netflix so I checked it out and it is high-larious! it is a real shame that it was canceled. I want more Cheech and Rob!!!

9. Martin says

This show was really funny. It was the only show that I watch on CBS other than 60 minutes. In a nation of divesity it was nice to have a show that shows more of our demographics. It was a very funny show that many of us with different backgrounds can relate too. I loved it and i hope another network picks it up,

10. Frances says

I loved “Rob”. I was actually doing a search and was trying to find out when it was going to start, again. I am shocked it was cancelled. The show was hilarious! I hope another network grabs this show!