The Cape: NBC Finale to Be Released Online

The Cape finaleIt looks like fans may have seen the final televised episode of The Cape last night. The NBC series has been struggling to get good ratings for some time and is one of the lowest-rated scripted serieson the network. Though it hasn’t been officially cancelled yet, The Cape is highly unlikely to be renewed for a second season.

A month ago, the network cut the first season from 13 to 10 episodes. When that happened, NBC also decided to delay the return of The Event by one week, presumably to allow the final two episodes of The Cape to air on February 28th. But that didn’t happen. Rather than pre-empt Chuck two weeks in a row (last night and next week), NBC just ran one episode of The Cape. Next week, The Event returns.

What about episode 10, the season (likely series) finale of The Cape? The network has apparently decided to release it online only. A small notice on the NBC site reads…

Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.

TV show supportThere’s no word yet as to when the episode will be released but we’ll keep you posted.

What do you think? Does it matter to you that NBC won’t air the finale on television? Do you think it will be back for season two?

UPDATE: A network rep has confirmed that the finale will be released online only, sometime in March.

Ron April 29, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I liked the cape a lot. I hope it comes back. I want to see it to the end. Maybe they can do a few more episodes just to finish the show to the end. Great show! The trouble with the big bosses, they never know when they have a good show as when they do it goes off like this one and shit shows stay on for years!

Bob August 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I agree with Ron!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous December 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm

The cape was a great show. NBC should bring it back. What killed it was that it should have been at 8 pm not 9 pm and on Friday not Monday.

Anonymous August 17, 2012 at 5:05 pm

yea, they should bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan June 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I watched it all the darn time. I don’t know why they cancelled it. I miss it, hope they grow some balls and let the show come back. Sometimes it takes time for a show to get more of an audience.

Danny Dinunzio June 2, 2011 at 5:15 am

I’m 21 years old, and was excited every Monday fir this show. now i cant even believe how retarded a network can be. but nbc you showed me you can.

Rob May 9, 2011 at 4:53 pm

@ Clint

NBC is already dead. Your rant is spot on, but what we are witnessing is the chicken running around with its head cut off.

I only watch network shows on DVD now AFTER they have run their course. Netflix is great for this.

It is only logical that Networks cancel their shows after a few episodes. Nobody watches them because they don’t want to get attached to something that may get cancelled, and then they get cancelled becuase nobody is watching them. You see, really it’s the viewers/consumers fault, not the poor ol’ multinational corporation.

rich jay April 30, 2011 at 7:03 am

Who’s the idiot who decided to cancel this series. Probably the same one who cancelled Star Trek.
Go ahead and put on a new reality series – people could sit on their couches eat chips and cheer on some idiot with an IQ of a handball eat bugs.

johnny redd April 14, 2011 at 1:27 am

If nbc doesn’t get it by now, they never will. If they cancel chuck I’m never watching them again.

Marios April 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Please men why are you doing this to us. I am from Greece and i am watching The Cape online . It is great !!!!!! Please continue the episodes. There are people who love this show!!

Krdz1 April 4, 2011 at 1:18 am

I loved the cape! It had a good story line and plot !

Connie April 3, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Just when the world needs a “hero” NBC decides to cut “The Cape”…….Get people hooked on a show (just like Heros) and then cut it without thinking of the fans……Thanks for thinking of us, will will think of you the next time we look for a new show that is on CBS or FOX.

Clint April 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm

NBC is THE most evil, sadistic, back-stabbing face-slapping network in the history of television. Their brain-dead evil CEO and programming dept’s should be NUKED. Until then, all we can do is STOP WATCHING ALL of their programs, then they’ll just go away, then we won’t ever have to be bothered ever again with programs we’ve faithfully watched being trashed WITHOUT ANY CLOSURE, LOOSE ENDS, UNANSWERED QUESTIONS, etc., etc.

Let’s look at just a few of their never-ending atrocities:

Journeyman – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED. COUNTLESS UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. NO CLOSURE. Who the f–k is he, how did it he get that way???? Who the f–k is “Olevia” or “Livia” and why is she doing it too?

Bionic Woman – CANCELED WITH NO CLOSURE.

E-Ring – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED.

Heroes – (Their WORSE atrocity to date) CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED. COUNTLESS UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. COUNTLESS LOOSE ENDS. NO CLOSURE. Who the f–k ARE THEY?? HOW did they get that way? WHERE are they from? Are they even human? Are they from the future?? Countless others.

The Cape – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED. COUNTLESS UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. NO CLOSURE. “The Cape” still being tagged as evil. Fleming and ARK still in power. Vince “The Cape” STILL APART FROM HIS FAMILY. His wife and son STILL THINK HE’S DEAD.

Next, “Chuck” will be canceled, but not AFTER A SEASON-ENDING “TO BE CONTINUED” EPISODE!! They are already PRE-EMPTING IT SEVERAL TIMES A SEASON AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

And to the comment above “So, I’m going to cable…!”, it’s the SAME WITH CABLE! Let’s look at their evil “offspring” NBC Universal networks on cable:

USA Network:
The Dead Zone – CANCELED WITH NO CLOSURE

The 4400 – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED. COUNTLESS UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. NO CLOSURE. Who the f–k ARE THEY?? HOW did they get here? WHERE are they actually from? Are they even human? Are they from the future?? Countless others.

No doubt “Psych” SOON TO FOLLOW, and NO DOUBT AFTER IT WILL BE “CONTINUED”.

SciFi:
Flash Gordon – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED.

Dr. Who – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED.

John Doe – CANCELED AFTER BEING CONTINUED. COUNTLESS UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. NO CLOSURE. Who the f–k is he?? HOW did he actually get here? WHERE is he actually from? Is he even human? Is from the future?? The past?? Why did his closest friend betray him and just who the f–k is he?? Countless others.

I could go on and on, but we all get the sadistic pattern now. So tell EVERYONE NBC: just WHY THE F–K SHOULD ANYONE EVER WATCH ANY OF YOUR PROGRAMS EVER AGAIN WHEN WE ALL KNOW ALL YOU A$$HOLES WILL DO IS WASTE OUR TIME BY CANCELING THE GO*DAMN PROGRAMS WITHOUT ANY CLOSURE??? Go ahead jerks, ANSWER that!

If your retard show writers had any decency THEY WOULD STOP MAKING EVERY GO*DAMN EPISODE OF EVERY PROGRAM “CONTINUED”!!!!!! AT LEAST THEN where would be “SOME” amount of CLOSURE!! But noooooo, these crack-smoking sadistic pricks have to end every f–king episode of every program with MORE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!!

And it’s not just cancellations, it’s also your F–KING RERUNS!!! Who do you think you are, CABLE?? You air a new show, then DAYS LATER YOU AIR THE SAME GO-DAMN PROGRAM AGAIN!!! AT LEAST THREE DAYS A WEEK YOU AIR NOTHING BUT RERUNS!!!

And you IDIOTS have the audacity and gall to WONDER WHY YOU’RE DEAD LAST IN THE RATINGS??? THIS IS WHY MORONS!! STOP SCHITTING ON YOUR FANS, STOP BEING SO MICROCEPHALIC AND YOU’LL NO LONGER BE IN LAST PLACE!! DUHHHHH!!

I will NEVER WATCH ANOTHER NBC PROGRAM EVERY AGAIN.

So let’s get these a$$holes OFF THE AIR and BOYCOTT ALL of their shows, then they’ll HAVE to just disappear and we’ll never have to be concerned about getting stabbed in the back by them EVER again.

NBC=Nothing But Confusion. DIE NBC. Just DIE.

jtruth October 1, 2011 at 8:49 am

THATS IT RIGHT THERE! COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

Fap March 31, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I am highly disappointed in the cancelation of this show I looked forward to Monday night’s viewing almost religiously watching it before my other favorite series on the same time slot (being human) NBC has messed up if they’d just give it sometime I’m sure the fan base would pick up!

Going to Cable... March 30, 2011 at 7:28 pm

It is now final, I am going to cable!
I know that I don’t matter to the larger overall NBC scheme of things, but NBC now joins ABC on my list of networks that I will never commit to watching a series on again.
I totally agree with ‘The Rock’, above, and would add that the old networks (programming exec.’s) are too neurotic and far too removed from their viewers to deserve even the loyal fan base that here-to-fore was theirs by default!
And in the end to only air the series finale online(!)???
What a slap in the face to the apparent few viewers stupid enough to hang in this long!
And they will probably not even provide a logical end to the series, as they cut it from an original 13 episodes to only 10.
Again, an insult!
So, I’m going to cable…!

the rock March 28, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I’m not surprised at all. NBC has a quick finger when it comes to ratings. They want to be the funny network; look at all the comedy shows they have (Chuck, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, and now the newest member Perfect couple which is ok at best only because of Olivia Munn). Heroes, canceled (what) , Kings canceled (pulled at the absolute worse timing), The Game (thank God for BET!) and now The Cape (I think I’m about done with NBC programming because I would have at least enjoyed a full season. They need to look at what networks like HBO (True blood, Entourage, Sex and the city) Showtime (Shameless, Dexter, The Big C, Nurse Jackie). They need to rethink there strategy of getting and keeping the young audience because CBS has the older audience on lockdown. I’m sure networks like Sci fi, G4, USA, and TBS are happy about their rash decisions. All I’m saying is finish what your start NBC! Then you can go to your next big thing.

Ron March 28, 2011 at 10:13 pm

My 2 son’s & myself watched the cape every week & totally loved it!!I thought it had a great story line & was getting better with each show!!It was a show that I could actually watch with the boy’s,who are 8 & 9 yr’s old!It was a show with a great story line,not another boring show that has everybody sleeping with everybody.First they cut Heroes & now the Cape,screw u NBC!!Our family is so choked that we locked NBC out of our tv Guide,we dont even want to know what u have 2 offer anymore!!