The Firm: Premiere Ratings

The Firm ratingsLast night, NBC unveiled their newest legal drama, The Firm. Crafted as a follow-up to the John Grisham novel (which was also made into a 1993 feature film), the TV series stars Josh Lucas, Molly Parker, Callum Keith Rennie, and Juliette Lewis.

The peacock network really needs some hit shows to help them rebuild their schedule, especially since many of the new fall shows have either been cancelled or are struggling. The Firm is certainly one of their most high-profile shows of the season.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like they’re going to find a hit this time around. After receiving lackluster reviews, The Firm’s two-hour debut brought in a very disappointing 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 6.3 million viewers, per the fast affiliate ratings.

The new show was in last place for the demo at 9pm and tied for second place with struggling Pan Am at 10pm. What’s more, viewership declined as the two hours progressed, an indication that those people won’t be back next week.

This has got to really sting for NBC execs as they’ve already committed to 22 episodes. I’m guessing they may already be thinking about cutting that order.

What do you think? Do you think The Firm will be a hit for NBC? If you watched the two-hour debut, were you impressed or underwhelmed?

Anonymous February 9, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Bring back the firm

Sue January 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I was just looking up on what happened to the shows I watched last year. The Firm was a very good show, one of five that I watched or taped last season. 2012 – 2013 I have only two shows I watch or tape. There are too many CSI shows. TV is becoming a bust. Most good shows don’t last. Maybe The Firm will return. I don’t like all lawyer shows. The Good Wife has never passed my test. Bring back The Firm!

Barb May 26, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Thinker show not mindless boop-tube TV like most of the other series. So sorry it got canceled, wish someone in TV executive land would get a reality check.

Donna April 9, 2012 at 5:21 am

The Firm is the best show on TV! I hope they do not cancel it. NBC finally got a decent series to watch.

Anonymous March 31, 2012 at 7:28 pm

We love the show. It’s our favorite show on tv right now. Mitch is great as are the other cast members. The story line is always very well done and it’s so exciting. I’ve been a paralegal for 15 yrs. and I just love this show. I heard it was cancelled and I was amazed as the show is so well done. Anything we can do????

Kathy

Montecore February 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm

The show was alright but I couldn’t help but wonder why all of the men seemed to always be wearing green suits. The Firm began to become predictable and I was going to stop watching it anyway. The show I really miss is Prime Suspect, it had a great cast and interesting stories.

Anonymous February 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

cool show, very interesting cases and the suspense with the other angle hanging in he background. Very good acting with Josh Lucas.

cablegirl January 27, 2012 at 5:18 am

I wasn’t sure that the idea of making the movie into aTV series would work but I have to say I’ve
really been enjoying the show. It easily holds my attention and I look forward to the next show and seeing how the cliffhanger ending from the previous show pans out.
I don’t watch a lot of TV but I will definitely be watching The Firm !

Lynda January 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm

so many dumb shows on t.v. the Firm is action and great acting. I look forward to each episode. I hope it stays around for a while.

Mike January 9, 2012 at 11:06 pm

one word for it; terrible. What a bunch of clowns at that network.

Sue January 9, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Absolutely LOVED it! Can’t wait for next episode.

Kat January 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I liked how the lead actor played “10 years ago Mitch” more like Tom Cruise in the movie; it was a subtle change, but you could see how present day Mitch maybe had slightly less energy / less wild. But I only bothered to tune into the first 10 mins of the show or so; I don’t like lawyer stuff and the other bits just weren’t interesting enough to keep my attention for long.

Keith Housewright January 10, 2012 at 6:59 am

It was, quite simply, wonderful Television. The show was gripping and left you with a mini cliffhanger at every break. Very well done.

Zico January 9, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Although too many plots at the beginning and it would have helped to have had the events shown chronologically rather than dancing back and fore
Other than that I thought the actors were great and the show has potential. It is always unfair to judge a series on it’s opening … you need to give it several episodes before making your mind up. I for one will be tuning in again on Thursday night.

bruce January 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

I watched it; it was awful PAN AM is much better. But, since PAN AM is on ABC, and I like it, of course they will cancel it. But I won’t be watching anymore of the THE FIRM; trust me, it’s not worth your time. It’s jumbled. confusing, and way too many story hooks were started for a show that will be gone in 5 weeks. Don’t bother.

Jason January 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

The Firm premieres 46% lower than the debut of The Cape. OUCH.