the forgotten: Not Cancelled (yet), ABC Orders Five More Episodes

the forgotten not canceledThe new ABC series called the forgotten has received a bit of good news. The network has decided to order five more installments. Does this mean that it won’t be cancelled?

Starring Christian Slater, the forgotten follows a group of civilians who work together to find missing persons once the police have reached a dead end. Aside from Slater, the series features the talents of Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, and Lily Rains.

Debuting on September 22nd, the forgotten got off to a slow start with just a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.54 million total viewers. It lost a large percentage of the Dancing with the Stars lead-in audience and 12% of viewers tuned in before the hour was done.

Is the forgotten worth saving?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The following week, viewership dropped to a 2.0 in the demo and 7.72 million. While overall viewership fluctuated in later weeks, the demo numbers stayed at the same disappointing level.

TV show supportIn a somewhat surprising move, ABC has decided to order five additional installments. Of the news, co-executive producer KristieAnne Reedd tweeted, “Very excited about the additional order of episodes for the forgotten.”

While this may seem like the network has faith in the series, it’s more likely an indication of other scheduling challenges caused by things like the cancellation of Eastwick.

Unless the forgotten’s ratings turn around, it’s difficult to imagine that ABC will order any more or invest in a second season.

What do you think? Can the forgotten be saved or is it living on borrowed time?

Sue April 28, 2010 at 7:54 am

Please don’t cancel this show it is an awesom and very to your heart kind of show. It gives people out there with loved ones that are on that list of thousand a little hope that maybe someone, someday they just might get found.

jessica April 27, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Please dont cancel the forgotten give it a chance!!!!

Cuttie55 April 27, 2010 at 5:38 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL

Tomeka April 27, 2010 at 3:26 pm

The Forgotten should not be cancelled I love this show it is very good. Every time Christian Slater get a show it get cancelled I enjoy people trying to find what happened to people that no one would care about.

gwen April 26, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Please don’t cancel!!!! I like the show.

Jan Curran April 26, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Please don’t cancel. I think the show is great. Had a hard time finding it in the beginning but once I did I never missed it. If ABC cancels I WILL email CBS and ask them to pick it up. There have been many shows that took a while to catch on.

Kristy Pagan April 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Don’t cancel please ABC!!

Fredda April 25, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Write/E-mail CBS President Les Mooves and ask him to pick up “The Forgotten”. He picked up “Medium”.

Pam April 23, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Don’t cancel The Forgotten TV series. It’s a very worthwhile show to watch as it gives us hope that if someone is missing or killed once the police consider the case cold, there may be a group of caring people who get together to find the answers that the police were unable to do. I just love the way the person who has died speaks about himself/herself; this makes the show more human. This program gives us all a message of hope in a world that has become very hopeless!

Tim April 21, 2010 at 8:25 am

The Forgotten is definately one of the best shows on tv, it shows that ordinary people can and do want to help in an age where compassion is at an all time low this show really does make people think about others

Angela McGuire April 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I love The Forgotten! It is one of the best series I have seen in a long time. It is not a reality show, it’s way better. I love the fact that ordinary people are doing everything they can to make sure other peoples loved ones are identified and returned to them.

Linda April 16, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I think it’s one of the best shows out there and please tv audience give it a chance. It’s interesting and a feel good show in that people out there really do care about the missing people and they want to find out what happened to them not only to find a killer if that’s what happened but to find out what was going on with the person at the time. I was critical at first but I had only to watch one show and I was hooked. So please bring it back and let the other viewing audience find out there is more to tv than reality shows how about a great show. Thanks

Carolyn April 16, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Don’t cancel. I think it is an intelligent show that has a lot of promise.

Sharron April 14, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I think it is good to know that some-one care about the missing people and there families.
I know it is a show, but it gives my hope that some-one might go out and help the police to find out who the John and Jane Doe are that way families can put them to rest

Anonymous April 9, 2010 at 4:55 am