the forgotten: Cancelled TV Show Returning to ABC for One Night

the forgottenABC officially cancelled the forgotten a few weeks ago but the writing had been on the wall long before that. Unfortunately, Christian Slater’s second TV series lasted only a bit longer than his first, NBC’s My Own Worst Enemy.

The network has scheduled the final two episodes of the forgotten to run on Saturday, July 3rd, beginning at 9pm. They’re called “Living Doe” and “Designer Jane.”

But don’t look for any additional closure to the series in these episodes. ABC actually aired the series finale back in early March. The 17th and last installment of the show ended happily, with Alex (Slater) being reunited with his long-missing daughter Lucy.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in to see these last episodes of the forgotten?

maritza silva August 10, 2010 at 7:48 am

I loved the show and the cast. I really hope they reconsider. It was my favorite show.

Cindy August 9, 2010 at 7:28 pm

They should really bring back this series. It was a good series. We have enough reality series. They keep the series that suck and take off the good ones.

TMiller July 29, 2010 at 11:03 am

Yes-sure will – Loved the show– always cancel the best ones. I did miss the final episode in March– Do you know where I could catch it??? Thanks

rose July 23, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Instead of posting on this bulletin we should all be bombarding them with letters of displeasure!!! demanding it be reinstated. I wonder if they got enough they would??

karen July 23, 2010 at 6:37 pm

i’ll really miss this show it was enjoyable to watch and brought a real issue to the forefront but hasnt lasted long enough to really make an inpact

Jane Frank July 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Keep “the forgotten” going..PLEASE!! That’s what’s wrong with the networks today….too much reality TV…Yes, it’s watched because you cancell everything else. Put it in a regular time slot, same time, same channel each week, and maybe you’ll get an accurate feel for the fact that the regular TV population really likes it. This show has a GREAT CAST, and GREAT STORYLINE….something with real heart….
SHOW US MORE!!!

Robin July 23, 2010 at 9:17 am

I am so disappointed that ABC will not air “the forgotten” for another season. I really looked forward to watching the series every week. I have always liked Christian Slater he is a great actor. I also like the cast on the forgotten it makes the series complete. Great series, It’s a shame ABC would cancell this show. When there’s absolutely nothing on TV besides Law and Order and Hell’s Kitchen to watch. BIG MISTAKE ABC.

maritza silva July 23, 2010 at 4:25 am

hope they reconsider and bring the show back. it was my favorite show because it was different. it makes you wonder if its worthwhile to be loyal to abc or any other network since they dont care about their viewers opinions when they watch.

Rebecca July 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I really wish that they would bring it back. There really are not a whole lot of good shows on TV. This was one of the best ones that I have seen in a long time.

peetee July 14, 2010 at 11:38 am

Bring it back!!! It was one of the most entertaining shows ever. A show regular adults could enjoy, and we did.

Stevie July 13, 2010 at 8:56 pm

They should have at least aired the episodes in order…. You cant say “oh look Lucy’s back” and then go “hey wait! We never found her, the season finale never happened!” I mean seriously? get real.

Isis August 9, 2010 at 8:32 am

You are so right, not having the episodes in order really messed with my head. How can they air the finale of Lucy reuniting with her father and then show 2 more episodes where she wasn’t found yet *&$%@!!!!!

T July 13, 2010 at 7:27 am

Truly going to miss the show. I say KEEP IT ON. It was clean. I’m sick of all the junk on TV. This was a really good show. And I love Christian. I don’t understand why they’ll pull this and put on 5 more shows just like those that are on now. I watched the July 3rd shows. And was hopeful that meant they were bringing it back.

K July 13, 2010 at 7:24 am

I’m going to miss the show. Don’t we have enough of “reality TV” and junk on TV. At least this one was people helping others and we clean on the language and other fronts. I don’t get it.

dawn July 12, 2010 at 8:27 pm

why don’t they just put them on in middle of the night so my dvr can pick them up so I can watch them. abc starting to seem they don’t care what regular people think. gee that seems familar.

lmiller July 12, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I will miss the forgotten that is my show they are so very wrong . Bring it back that is a really good show they are not looking at the fans of the show they keep putting other mess on that I don’t like to look at and that is just makes me so upset. BRING THE FORGOTTEN BACK.

Anonymous July 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm