The Goldbergs: Season One Ratings

The Goldbergs TV show ratingsABC has produced some hit family sitcoms but many more have been flops. Which will The Goldbergs be? Cancelled or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned to find out.

On The Goldbergs, youngest son Adam (Sean Giambrone) videotapes his family’s 1980s craziness and provides commentary as an adult (Patton Oswalt). The rest of the cast includes Wendi McLendon-Covey, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, George Segal, and Jeff Garlin.

5/8 update: The Goldbergs has been renewed for a second season by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.06 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like The Goldbergs TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Anonymous March 18, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Greatest sitcom of 2013 Fall season. My family and I watch it every week. Nostalgic and very funny. Will be very disappointed if it doesn’t get renewed.

Lynnly March 18, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Renew please! My husband said he’ll never watch another show on ABC if they cancel this show! Goldberg’s are great!

china March 18, 2014 at 9:39 pm

This is the funniest, sweetest show on TV. Period

Barry S. March 19, 2014 at 3:08 am

Everyone who reads this, contact ABC as soon as possible, and demand that they renew “The Goldbergs” for the 2014-2015 season. (The problem though is when you get on their website they don’t list all their programs, so if you want to leave a comment about “The Goldbergs” you’re out of luck. You can only leave an email if you choose one of their listed programs. I decided to click on “Dancing With The Stars” and left an email about “The Goldbergs” on that site. What do you expect though, remember ABC is the “Mickey Mouse Network”.) It doesn’t sound good for “The Goldbergs” since the network doesn’t even list them on their website, and the father is appearing next week on another tv show as a father. That sounds rather ominous for the fate of “The Goldbergs.” Well, if ABC doesn’t renew them for next season, they can free up more time for “Dancing With The Stars”. Yipee!!!! Contact ABC by U.S. mail or telephone if you can’t get an email through, and let’s try to save “The Goldbergs”.

Walt Reinmiller March 16, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Good funny show. It’s great going back to the 80s also . RENEW no doubt!

T March 16, 2014 at 4:17 am

I love the Goldbergs funniest show on right now. RENEW RENEW RENEW RENEW RENEW RENEW RENEW RENEW !!!!!!!!

Douglas March 13, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I love this show keep it on abc it’s great so funny and something to look forward to after A tough day at school

Lisa March 13, 2014 at 7:56 pm

We LOVE The Goldbergs!! So nice to have a family show that brings back warm memories!! Please give it a chance!!

Chad March 13, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Great show…. nice to be able to relive the 80’s.

Lia March 9, 2014 at 12:13 am

The Goldbergs is my favorite show on TV right now. Yes, it’s a little cheesy! But it is so nice to see a show on tv that has a moral at the end of every episode and is actually family-friendly!! I would be devastated it the show was canceled.

China Blue March 8, 2014 at 5:03 pm

This is actually my favorite show now. There is so much on TV and some is good, but most suck. This is one of the few programs I make sure to watch and record regularly. It is often very funny and it has a lot of heart.

janis March 9, 2014 at 3:38 am

Not loving the Dad sitting round in his underwear. Other than that it is fun and I love the Mom.

Barry S. March 19, 2014 at 3:21 am

Janis, from your post of March 9th, the March 16th show about Murray’s chair and his underwear must have made you a little uncomfortable. The only thing I can say is remember this show is based on the real life situations that Adam Goldberg observed and taped. His father really did come home from work and get comfortable by taking off his pants, and sitting around in his underwear. This was one of his quirks, and to change it or write it out, would not be true to the events. You can always keep a blindfold handy and still enjoy the audio.

Anonymous March 20, 2014 at 12:29 am

Loved the Mr. Chair episode.. the microwave bit was really funny.. this show needs a laugh track.

Ron Rekruciak March 5, 2014 at 11:11 am

Love this show. It needs to be renewed and talked about. I’m not a sitcom watcher but I look forward to this show every week. Give it a chance!

Victoria March 2, 2014 at 1:32 am

Our whole family loves The Goldbergs. We couldn’t wait to watch it every week. Even my 12 years old son loves this show. It brought us back the good time and all the memories and funny story esp for our son to be able to see some similar experiences we had on the TV.
Please, please don’t cancel this show. It’s the most funniest show on TV and I believe if more people get to watch this show, they will fall in love with it just like my whole family did.

Larry March 1, 2014 at 3:12 am

Best family show on television, the 80’s reference brings me back to a happier time in our lives when technology and social media didn’t rule over all. ABC would be foolish to cancel this show.

Karen Kathleen February 26, 2014 at 11:16 pm

The Goldbergs, well wtitten, well acted, heartwarming & hilarious!
ABC has a hit if they just stick with it & permit viewers to settle in and just enjoy the ride.

More Goldbergs makes for a happier Tuesday night!

Karen Kathleen February 26, 2014 at 11:38 pm

The Goldbergs re: typo- Well Written…smart phone type Yes, smart phone typing admin not so much..

More Goldbergs please, and perhaps effective skills to cope w/ my pesky OCD typo conundrum.

michelle February 24, 2014 at 11:42 pm

One of the funniest shows I’ve ever watched! Totally hooked! My whole family loves it from the young to the old. I hope ABC doesn’t blow it by cancelling it!