The Killing: AMC TV Series Renewed for Season Two

The Killing on AMCThe season finale of AMC’s freshman show The Killing airs this Sunday but fans can rest easy. The AMC TV series has been renewed for a second season.

The Killing debuted to a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.72 million viewers. The ratings fell significantly over the course of the season and hit a low at the end of May, registering a 0.4 rating in the demo with 1.971 million viewers.

The series is reportedly the second-highest rated show on the channel (behind The Walking Dead) so, to no surprise, AMC has decided to give The Killing a second season of 13 episodes. There’s no word on when production will begin or when viewers can expect to see season two. The current season began in early April.

The series features the talents of Mireille Enos, Billy Campbell, Brent Sexton, Eric Ladin, Jamie Anne Allman, Joel Kinnaman, Kristin Lehman, and Michelle Forbes.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Killing will be back for a second season or should it have been cancelled? Why do you think more people don’t watch?

ronnie June 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm

THE BEST SHOW ALL SEASON!

Lisa June 21, 2011 at 6:15 am

I love the show. It is addicting. Of course you would love to see it paced a little faster but that would take away the suspense. I will be watching the next season. Hope they don’t make us wait a year.

Viewer June 20, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I did not like the build-up to the last show where, I was led to believe, the killer would be identified. He was not. This is who shot JR all over again. I will not watch next season because I feel that we were just jerked around.

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 9:06 am

I LOVED THE KILLING:THERE ARE SO MANY TURNS AND TWISTS: THE FINAL EPISODE WHEN LINDEN WAS ON THE PLANE W/HER SON & SHE WAS INFORMED THERE WERE NO TAPES FROM THAT NIGHT ON THE HIGHWAY &THEN SAW HER PARTNER GET IN THE CAR : MADE ME REALIZE THAT DARREN MIGHT NOT HAVE KILLED ROSIE -IT’S EXCITING I HOPE MORE PEOPLE WILL WATCH THE SHOE. SUSAN FROM ALABAMA

gerry June 20, 2011 at 1:13 am

i am very glad it’s coming back for a second season. love the vibe of the series, the bleakness, darkness and uncomfortable angst. not to mention flawed natures of every character. They are likable and unlikable simultaneously. Great freakin’ television and i don’t know why it’s hasn’t drawn a bigger audience. It is a great show.

Ananymous #2 June 20, 2011 at 12:08 am

I agree it is filmed too dark. I have trouble viewing some of the scenes. Great Series I think the viewership would be greater if the series was earlier than 10 PM. And previous week was run prior to new episode. When does the new season start?

Darrell June 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Great show, but I was expecting to see the finale on episode 13, and maybe a new episode beginning next season.

karen June 19, 2011 at 9:19 am

My husband and I love it! It needs to be advertised more. We were hooked after the first episode, and are elated it will be returning.

Claudia June 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I love the series. Glad it will be back for a second season. I also discovered it by accident
while flipping channels.

Anonymous June 18, 2011 at 2:39 pm

great series glad it has been renewed

syll seekn byll June 18, 2011 at 11:09 am

i adore this show. i am happy to hear that it was filmed too dark. i thought it was my new tv (lol). i have watched each episode at least 10 times. each time i review an episode i learn more.for instance, when rosie’s parents bring the burial dress to the funeral director,he asked them to stay to see her in it. they then are in the truck to go home and mitch comments about her looking” pretty” as in finished product prior to viewing the body. in a later episode they show the funeral dicector mixing and applying make-up,and press on nails, which was a big feature (broken nails trying to claw her way out of the trunk as she drowned).and he styled her hair. so how could she have been “pretty” prior to this point(dahhhhh). although there are some sequence errors in other episodes, this is my favorite series on tv. i am anxiously awaitng the new season!!!!!!!

theres June 17, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I forgot to add that I think people don’t know about it! We found it completely by accident. It needs to be advertised more!!! Also I agree it is very dark and it’s always pouring…..

theres June 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Wonderful!!!! I love the show. it is so full of twists and turns!! Keep it coming!!!

lynne kass June 16, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I am glad the show is returning, however, I agree it is filmed too too dark. I have trouble viewing some of the scenes. Cannot wait for the finale.

jack June 16, 2011 at 11:24 am

Hooray for AMC’s decision to renew! The Killing is the best show on US TV – intelligent, well-written, character-driven. A real surprise to discover it, and a pleasure. Wish there were more shows like this in the US. Because there aren’t, this is the only American TV show watched in my house.