The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

LYNN January 7, 2013 at 9:36 am

Please don’t cancel Mob Doctor!!! Love this show!!! Please give another season

Carlos Gonzalez January 7, 2013 at 12:06 am

This show is just AWESOME! I’m thinking it done after Jan 7, do to the fact that you shot up the Mob Boss Mr C and Grace Mother, don’t under stand why, the show had a very good story line this really sucks ! Not happy at all …

mike January 6, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Fox as usual not giving a fledged show a chance..another Chicago based show bites the dust..rip Mob Doctor..we barely new you!

mungomo January 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Love Mob Doctor and hate that you are thinking of cancelling it. It seems every show we get interested in gets axed. Makes us want to stop watching new shows.

Pam January 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I love this show!!!

Ted January 6, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. Its the best new show this year. I agree with Jennifer. There wasn’t enough advertising. I accidentally ran across it while paging through a magazine at the clinic. A lot of the shows are just plain garbage, and when we finally get one with a good story line, cancellation is threatened. The episodes are getting better each week, and I would guess the viewers are increasing too. Give it a second season. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Lorie January 6, 2013 at 5:20 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show – cant believe its cancelled!!!

Leah January 6, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Please don’t cancel the Mob Doctor…the show is amazing.
Constantine is my fav. The entire cast works well together. Keep the seasons going

Mystblu January 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I am ABSOLUTELY SO TIRED of becoming involved in FOX Network shows!! It seems I would know better after CHICAGO CODE and TERRA NOVA to name a few only to have the shows CANCELLED but still I get involved ONCE AGAIN in a BAD RELATION with Fox’s MOB DOCTOR to only read that it also is being cancelled. Although some premises on the show are predictable (such as Constantine Being Grace’s father) I still IMMENSELY enjoy the show. It seems Fox Network never gives their new shows a chance. Example: putting a new series up against an established highly rated show. LUDICROUS!
I have an ideal CANCEL FOX NETWORK!

Shante January 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I simple can’t get enough if this show. After last night show I cannot stop thinking how the season finale ends. But to think that after Monday there isn’t going to be another show is simply devastating. Please don’t cancel this show.

Anonymous January 6, 2013 at 7:51 am

Have you though that the ratings were low because veiwers are saying why start watching this new show when the chances are it is going to get cancelled. Instead of rolling out so many new shows just work a few new good shows. I don’t understand how there is always nothing good to watch and her is a very good show and it gets cancelled and yet there are a lot of the same shows. It is getting to the pont were there is nothing good to watch, nothing to look forward to watching? So I am hoping this show can be saved because the story lines are very good. I just watched the second to the last espode and I can not see how they can wrap the show up with one more show.

Anonymous January 6, 2013 at 2:22 am

Please do not cancel the mob doctor. It is just getting very interesting. I love the show and I enjoy the actors. There is always a new twist. Give it a chance. Seems that all the good shows get caned and a lot of the crapie shows hang on longer. I.e. Mindy prject, raising hope, don’t forget the B in apartment,,,,,,ben and kate are all crapie. But you got good shows like Emily Owens and Harry’s Law and Mob Doctor that are fun and interesting with good actors and good stories that I just don’t understand why these shows don’t make it. Maybe its the day of week and time that dooms these shows and not the show itself. Lome Star didn’t even have a chance with one episode. Give mob doctor a chance

Karen January 6, 2013 at 12:58 am

Please DON’t cancel the mob doctor!!!! I love it!!!!’

Larry January 5, 2013 at 5:36 pm

This is a great show, needs more time for some
I think. Give it another season you maybe surprised

Jennifer January 4, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Please don’t canc this show It is really good and has some great people in it. I really love the story line and was just getting used to the characters and the story. I really loved The Finder too and that got pulled by Fox also. I wish they really let us vote on what to pull and not pull. But the almighty dollar and ratings mean more than letting the public decide. I really don’t think that there was enough advertising for this show.