The Mob Doctor: Cancelled Yet?

mob doctor cancelled yetThough many pegged The Mob Doctor as the show most likely to be cancelled first, FOX still hasn’t officially lowered the boom. Perhaps they didn’t want a repeat of all the flack they got from quickly cancelling Lone Star two years ago.

Despite terrible ratings, the network hasn’t cut Mob Doctor’s 13 episode order or pull it off the air (versus CBS’ Partners and Made in Jersey).

Still, that’s no reason to believe that the show hasn’t essentially been cancelled. The network hasn’t ordered any additional episodes and there’s no spot for it on the mid-season schedule. With such low ratings, there’s no way that the network would put lots of marketing cash behind an effort to relaunch the show nine months later, for the 2013-14 season.

FOX has now announced that they’ll be airing (burning off) two episodes on Saturday nights in early January. Rather than let the remainder installments gather dust on the shelf, FOX is at least letting fans of the show see all of the episodes. Not as many people watch series television during late December and early January anyway so they aren’t exactly making a big sacrifice.

According to The Futon Critic, here’s how the final episodes will air:
Episode 9 – Monday, December 3 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 10 – Saturday, December 29 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 11 – Monday, December 31 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 12 – Saturday, January 5 at 9:00/8:00c
Episode 13 – Monday, January 7 at 9:00/8:0

Since Mob Doctor has essentially been doomed from the beginning because of low ratings, the producers will give viewers some closure by the season/series finale.

What do you think? Do you think the last episode will give viewers some closure? How would you like to see the story end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

97 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dawna Gage says

Why FOX???? My husband and I LOVED this show and anticipated the next episode each week. Please reconsider!!! I don’t need another reality show. I live in reality.

2. Anne says

I was shocked to hear this show was cancelled. The last two episodes had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I’m really getting tired of great shows being cancelled for stupid ones.

3. says

Oh no….that’s not the end… A nurse catches Constantine and revives him. Grace stops the car minutes from the hospital, saying “we must go back”. “I’ve made a mistake”. She runs in and hugs her dad…while still hating his guts… She insists that Constantine take her boyfriend back for protection. No that’s not the end. And it would be a shame to end this story. I’ve had just about enough with “reality” tv. If it’s not someone “tinkling in a jar” to save money, it’s making fun of someone who doesn’t know better than to put their family on tv so people can make fun of their complete ignorance. That’s a shame right there!!! Great show… kudos to the writers.

4. AJ says

This is the ONLY program on FOX that I never miss. What are they thinking!!! Everyone I know is obsessed with this series!

5. Carol says

Wow, this was a fantastic show. It was cancelled??? I guess the TV needs another Reality Show! I know, do one about people who obsessively bite their nails, want to stop and cry because they can’t. Yeah, that would be some great ratings.
    Every great show gets cancelled. Who decides to cancel? Do you really know how many people across America tuned in? Like Joan of Arcadia, very popular! Everyone I know loved it – but no we have junk like How I met your mother, Monk, Amazing Race, Big Brother, Wipe Out. Stories with a great plot get the Ax. I almost never watch TV anymore. I read. There’s only a couple of shows I find worthy of following. I’m sure they will be the next to go! UNHAPPY VIEWER

6. Diane Johnson says

We are totally entertained by this show. Great script, great acting. Did not like the way she left her fingerprints on evidence…. But others could clean it up behind her and the Mob Doctor could be at the head of the mob as she learns it is just in her blood. Entertaining! Kept me awake. BAD MISTAKE TO CANCEL IT!

7. Upset says

I can NOT believe this show is being cancelled . Give it another shot PLEASE different time slot! I love this show

8. Shirley says

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SERIES ON TV – MY HUSBAND AND I WON’T MISS IT – WE LOOKED FORWARD EVERY WEEK TO THIS SHOW!! OF ALL THE JUNK THAT IS ON TV – WHY WOULD THEY CANCEL THIS GOOD, EXCITING SHOW WITH GREAT ACTORS? EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING. I HOPE THEY RECONSIDER THIS ONE!!

9. Bobby Gray says

do like the “Mob Doctor”….great actors/now that they a have a few more
    characters in the line-up…William Forsythe, what a great character in this
    role….hope we see more of the Mob Doctor

10. kkeiffer says

What dose Fox always screw things up. I’m hard about enough of them who is making the decision stop drinking and do it job hands sat least finish something u have started. U keep giving great shows and taking them away try finishing what u have started