Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 – May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

kokomo February 28, 2013 at 11:42 am

one of the best shows on , do not cancel!!!!!

Anonymous February 28, 2013 at 10:36 am

There are so few great shows to watch anymore. This is one of them. Well written and great actors portraying the characters. Disappointed – can’t believe you cancelled a quality show like this.

Lady February 28, 2013 at 9:48 am

Do not cancel. It seems if they get a great show, oops, we have to get rid of it. Leave it alone. It is a great story and people love stories about that time in our country.

rose bell February 28, 2013 at 9:40 am

I hope you don’t cancel this show. My husband and I and many of our friends look forward to this show every week. We did not enjoy Golden Boy at all!!! How could 2 Broke Girls get renewed ? Why would you even consider cancelling Vegas when all the stars are believable and the stories are so good. I love seeing Vegas the way it was when it first started. If you want to cancel something, why not some of the reality junk that’s on?We really hope you reconsider canceling Vegas and give it another chance.
Thak You

Hand February 28, 2013 at 9:10 am

One of the TV shows that we will not miss seeing every week, and let me tell you there aren’t very many, probably only three. Vegas is a star among a lot of stupid stuff on TV now. Very entertaining and great to have something to look forward to seeing every week. We’ve all heard stories of how Old Vegas was, this show gives us a glimpse of what it was like. Please keep this series on.

Barbara February 28, 2013 at 2:29 am

Pllleeeeeeeaaaaase do not cancel Vegas. It’s a great, well written, intelligent show and I LOVE it. It’s very hard for me to find shows I look forward to…..stupid fox cancelled the only other good show I found (alcatraz) and I waited for months for Vegas to start.

J.B.S February 28, 2013 at 2:14 am

The show is excellent! Please leave it on. I look forward to it every week.

el February 28, 2013 at 12:25 am

Just when it’s gettin’ good. One of the few shows I actually look forward to watching every week. I did not care for Golden Boy the other night.

buddy walker February 28, 2013 at 12:09 am

wonderful show – keep it on please

C Brooks February 27, 2013 at 11:29 pm

That is one of my favorite shows and I have very few favorites. My hope is that it is not cancelled. I have told people about the show and they are watching also.

Carmen February 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I miss my Vegas show. How dare you for just taking it off. Bring it back! I watched it every week.

Calvin Michael February 27, 2013 at 10:58 pm

I don’t know who makes these choices,but they can’t be watching the show.They need to come down to the people who support the programs and the sponsers who put up the money. Of cource this isn’t the first great program to bite the dust but if so I am sure there is a station wanting to take advantage of channel 2 stupidness and pick it up.

Janet and Bob February 27, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Please do not cancel. One of our two favorite shows. Please, please.

Bonnie LaPointe February 27, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I love Vegas….great stepback in history!

Anonymous February 27, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Great show. We look forward to it every week. Do not cancel. Cancel the mindless comedy shows. Vegas is very good and exciting.