When Calls the Heart: Season Two for Hallmark Series

When Calls the Heart TV show on Hallmark: season twoHallmark Channel has picked up a second season of their original drama, When Calls the Heart. The first season of 13 episodes concluded on March 29th. No word on when season two will debut.

Here’s the official announcement for the renewal:

HALLMARK CHANNEL’S TOP RATED ORIGINAL PRIMETIME SERIES “WHEN CALLS THE HEART” EARNS A SECOND SEASON RENEWAL

Lori Loughlin, Erin Krakow, and Daniel Lissing Star In The Period Drama

On the heels of Jack Wagner and James Brolin starring in the final episodes of “When Calls the Heart,” Hallmark Channel is proud to announce its Original Series has earned a renewal and promises many more surprises in season two. “When Calls the Heart,” starring Lori Loughlin, Erin Krakow and Daniel Lissing, is based on the bestselling series of books of the same name by Janette Oke and tells the captivating story of a young woman who begins a new chapter in her life in a 19th century coal mining town and learns the lessons of life, love and loss. Since its premiere on January 11, the series has consistently rated top five in its Saturday night timeslot and has been seen by more than 12.3 million unduplicated viewers. After its first ten episodes, “When Calls The Heart” is averaging a 1.5 household rating. The original primetime drama is Hallmark Channel’s second original scripted series. (Source: The Nielsen Company)

“The success of ‘When Calls The Heart’ proves the show fills the niche of quality, family-friendly entertainment that audiences want to see in today’s crowded television landscape,” said Michelle Vicary, Executive Vice President, Programming, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. “The overwhelming wave of support from the show’s legion of fans tells us that they have fallen in love with its great storytelling and we are thrilled to have it continue,” Vicary concluded.

“When Calls the Heart” follows the story of a young schoolteacher Elizabeth Thatcher (Krakow) who moves from her privileged high society life to a simpler one as a schoolteacher in the Western frontier. Elizabeth arrives in Coal Valley, a 19th century coal mining town, for her first classroom assignment. However, she arrives in the aftermath of a mine explosion that claimed the lives of most of Coal Valley’s men, leaving behind their widows – including kind-hearted Abigail Stanton (Loughlin). Abigail and the newly widowed women face many challenges as they confront life alone in Coal Valley, and find their faith is tested when they are forced to work in the mines to make ends meet. As Elizabeth adapts to the frontier lifestyle, she also begins to fall for handsome Constable Jack Thornton (Lissing). The budding romance between Jack and Elizabeth comes to fruition, and is a core element to the series’ successful storytelling.

“When Calls the Heart” is a Believe Pictures and Brad Krevoy Television production. Executive Producers are Brad Krevoy, Brian Bird and Michael Landon, Jr. Based on the novel, When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke.

Hallmark Channel, owned and operated by Crown Media Holdings, Inc., is a 24-hour basic cable network that provides a diverse slate of high-quality entertainment programming available in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to a national audience of 86 million subscribers. Hallmark Channel is the nation’s leading destination for quality family programming with an ambitious slate of TV movies; original scripted series, including Cedar Cove, Signed, Sealed, Delivered and When Calls the Heart; specials such as Kitten Bowl; as well as some of television’s most beloved sitcoms and series, including The Golden Girls, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, and Frasier. The channel is also home to Daytime Emmy-nominated lifestyle program, Home & Family, a daily two-hour live show shot in a fully functional house located on the Universal Studios lot. Hallmark Channel’s sibling network, Hallmark Movie Channel, available in HD and SD, focuses on family-friendly movies with a mix of original films, classic theatrical releases, and presentations from the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame library.

Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter (Join the conversation at #HeartofTV), Pinterest, GetGlue, YouTube

What do you think? Have you watched When Calls the Heart on Hallmark? Are you glad that it’s been renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

493 Comments on "When Calls the Heart: Season Two for Hallmark Series"

Notify of

Vicky
Vicky
November 20, 2014 1:45 am

I am so glad to learn this is coming back. I will try and wait patiently or it to return!

arcadiafan
arcadiafan
November 17, 2014 3:31 pm

My husband and I love this show. I’m so glad to know there will be a season 2! This show is captavating and I love the simplicity and romance. Thanks Hallmark for bringing this wonderful setting/story into our lives, can’t wait to watch it again, hurry, hurry, hurry!

mimi
mimi
November 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Love this show. Need to hurry up with season 2.

Cara
Cara
November 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Love this show!! A show that my 11 yr old I can look forward to every week!!

Sherry Jones
Sherry Jones
November 13, 2014 10:35 am

When Calls the Heart is my favorite show on TV!! The story telling is so good and the acting top-notch. I am telling my friends to watch it. I have already purchased season 1 on dvd and sharing it with friends. Can’t wait for season 2!!

Karen W
Karen W
November 9, 2014 8:54 pm

Such a great show among so much trash on TV today. So happy it will be on again. Really looking forward to it.

Peggy Pettigrew
Peggy Pettigrew
November 9, 2014 8:29 pm

I am so glad that When Calls the Heart has been renewed for a second season. I will look forward to the new episodes as the story continues. Great story line and great actors equal a most enjoyable hour spent watching each week. Thanks, Hallmark Channel!!

Terry
Terry
November 9, 2014 6:06 pm

Can’t wait to watch! How long do we have to wait?

Judy Brownrigg
Judy Brownrigg
November 11, 2014 8:44 am

I can’t wait for the second season to begin either! Having said that, I WISH the season was longer. What is this 11 or 12 episodes? Hallmark should want more episodes instead of subjecting viewers to “Little House” and “The Waltons” hour after hour day after day. There is a mine full of potential stories for the citizens of Coal Valley and the Thatcher/Thorton story line and why the season is so short is mind-boggling.

Nancy bonner
Nancy bonner
November 9, 2014 10:10 am

Looking forward to second season. Really enjoyed the first season.

carla
carla
November 8, 2014 11:52 pm

I have been waiting on the show “when calls the heart” to show again.
love show I tell all my clients at my salon about it .

cindy l evans
November 8, 2014 9:43 pm

I love this show. Didn’t miss an episode. Can’t wait for the second season. Love the actors and characters. Can’t wait for it to start. I love cedars cove and signed, sealed, and delivered as well. Want to see those as well. Great shows all of them. Keep them. Coming. Please. Sincerely CLE

Tammy Bennett
Tammy Bennett
November 7, 2014 9:16 pm

Cant wait for “When Calls The Heart” to start again. Absolutely love the show.

BJ
BJ
November 6, 2014 8:31 pm

I absolute loved this series! I can’t wait until it returns. When will that be?

Micki bang
Micki bang
November 5, 2014 11:20 pm

When is When calls the heart coming back in hallmark? Love the show and cannot wait until it comes back on…

Judy
Judy
November 5, 2014 9:36 pm

So looking forward to the second season. When Calls The Heart is one of the best shows on television. It’s about time there is a show that the whole family can watch together. Please keep this show in your line up.

1 10 11 12 13 14 30