DC Universe is branching out. This week, the streaming service announced they’ve ordered a new TV show called Doom Patrol.
From Greg Berlanti, the live-action drama “is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief).”
DC Universe has ordered 13 episodes of Doom Patrol, which is set to premiere in 2019.
Read more details below:
We are pleased to announce today that the upcoming DC Universe digital service has ordered its next original series, the one-hour live-action drama DOOM PATROL, from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver and Sarah Schechter.
DOOM PATROL will begin production this year for a 2019 debut on DC Universe.
· Network: DC Universe digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks
· Auspices: Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television
· Order: Direct-to-Series Order, 13 Episodes
· Format: One-hour drama
· Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver, Sarah Schechter
· Written by Jeremy Carver
· Based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani
· Logline: DOOM PATROL is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities – but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence – and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. Picking up after the events of TITANS, DOOM PATROL will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.”
What do you think? Are you a DC Comics fans? Will you watch Doom Patrol?