2008 – 2009 Cancelled Shows: Who Will be the First to Fall?

Privileged and FringeAs the TV networks kick off another Fall season, their marketing machines are in full swing. If the promos are to be believed, every new show is the hottest, funniest, or most intriguing show that’s ever hit the airwaves.

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and CW all stand firmly behind this newest crop of legend-in-the-making programming – until the ratings come in. If a show’s viewership doesn’t measure up, you can just bet the program will be pulled from the primetime schedule quicker than you can say Viva Laughlin!

So, which show do you think will be the first to disappear this time around? Are there any new shows that you just can’t believe were even made? Vote for your pick and then tell us why it’s headed for the TV graveyard below!

Who will be the first to be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

chris April 26, 2010 at 7:44 am

which ever..as long as its not privileged..i hope :(

admin April 26, 2010 at 9:51 am

@chris: Sorry, that was cancelled awhile ago.

dotty February 27, 2010 at 8:59 am

I’M SICK OF REALITY TV SHOWS. DOES NOONE HAVE AN ORIGINAL IDEA IN THEIR HEADS? LIFE ON MARS WAS A GOOD SHOW! WHAT ARE THERE NO MORE WRITERS IN HOLLYWOOD?

carol September 20, 2009 at 11:02 am

will flashpoint be back for the 2009 2010 season it was a great show i hope so

dave December 10, 2008 at 8:13 pm

I think NBC went down hall because all the show NBC are showing are basicly suck. Las Vegas was their best show ever. Instead of coming up with new crapy show, they should fire the one whom cancelled the show.

Bill December 8, 2008 at 9:05 pm

There’s no way that Knight Rider or Do Not Disturb are more likely to be cancelled than Kath and Kim. That’s what I voted for.

Laura November 20, 2008 at 9:11 am

Knight Rider had a slow start, but it seems to be picking up. I hope they will give it some time. I see good potential.
Crusoe, likewise, has great potential. They need to get off that damned island though and back to England where the drama can begin!

Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 6:02 pm

I just hope Easy Money doesn’t go-I’m hooked!

Adam October 20, 2008 at 11:58 am

I’ve liked Kath and Kim but I think it has to be done relatively early in this season. Its too dry for most people I think.

Tara October 4, 2008 at 1:33 am

I thought NBC was trying to resurrect itself. What’s the deal with Kath & Kim? Not even interested. What’s on CBS?

Jim September 25, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Would someone please help me understand why NBC cancelled Las Vegas? This was the best show that NBC had since Friends!! What a bunch of idiots!

Bret September 25, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I thinkl Las Vegas was the best show that NBC had by far!! Man, what were they thinking?

debbie September 22, 2008 at 11:37 am

las vegas was my favorite show you suck bring it back im not gonna watch nbc now

stevehops September 4, 2008 at 7:07 am

Kath & Kim is great! It’s dry humor, like “The Office”. And it’s character-based satire, hard to get that across in a promo. Pokes fun at spoiled suburban mall rats. (What becomes of them when they grow up uneducated and are used to the world handing them everything?)

I was worried translating the Australian show wouldn’t work in America, but the casting is great. I predict it will be the hit of the fall season, especially on Thursday night surrounded by those other hit comedies.

One worry, I didn’t see Sharon (the “second-best” friend of Kim). Without Sharon, who will Kim be mean to? That was were a lot of the poignant sad/funny humor came from in the original.

Zach September 3, 2008 at 9:06 am

I agree!

Rich September 2, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Kath & Kim!! Any of the previews for this show didn’t even make me smirk or chuckle. I thought this was supposed to be a comedy!!