Beauty and the Beast: Season One Ratings

Beauty and the Beast ratingsWith a great lead-in, Beauty and the Beast has the best chance of any new CW show this season of getting solid ratings. Will it survive or, like last year’s Secret Circle, or will it be cancelled?

Following a young beautiful homicide detective and her handsome-yet-scarred protector, Beauty and the Beast typically airs Thursday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, and Austin Basis.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Beauty and the Beast will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.

Episode 01-22: Thursday, 05/16/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.26 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.61 million.

Episode 01-21: Thursday, 05/09/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.61 in the demo with 1.63 million.

Episode 01-20: Thursday, 05/02/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.23 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.62 in the demo with 1.65 million.

UPDATE: The CW has renewed the series for a second season.

Episode 01-19: Thursday, 04/25/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.24 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Episode 01-18: Thursday, 04/18/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.59 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.63 in the demo with 1.69 million.

Episode 01-17: Thursday, 03/28/13
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.70 million.

Episode 01-16: Thursday, 03/21/13
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.72 million (+20% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-15: Thursday, 03/14/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.43 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.64 in the demo with 1.71 million.

Episode 01-14: Thursday, 02/21/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.65 in the demo with 1.73 million.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 02/14/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.40 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 0.66 in the demo with 1.74 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 02/07/13
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.48 million (-17% change).
Season averages: 0.67 in the demo with 1.78 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/31/13
0.7 in the demo (0% change) with 1.72 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.80 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 01/24/13
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.79 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/13/12
0.6 in the demo (+20% change) with 1.59 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.68 in the demo with 1.81 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-08: Thursday, 12/06/12
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.41 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.69 in the demo with 1.84 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/29/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.52 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.71 in the demo with 1.90 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 11/15/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.56 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.73 in the demo with 1.96 million.

UPDATE: The CW has given the show a full season of episodes.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 11/08/12
0.7 in the demo (+17% change) with 1.84 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.76 in the demo with 2.04 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 11/01/12
0.6 in the demo (0% change) with 1.70 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.77 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/25/12
0.6 in the demo (-14% change) with 1.88 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.83 in the demo with 1.88 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/18/12
0.7 in the demo (-42% change) with 2.00 million (-28% change).
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 2.39 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 10/10/12
1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million total viewers.
Season average: 1.20 in the demo with 2.78 million.

Year-to-year, compared to The Secret Circle’s premiere in the same post-Vampire Diaries timeslot, the network was down by 8% in the demo (vs a 1.3 rating) and down 8% in viewership (vs 3.05 million). While these numbers were still very good, Beauty and the Beast won’t survive if its numbers fall like Secret Circle’s did.

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Jessie March 20, 2013 at 1:59 am

This is a truly beautiful and suspenseful show. I will be very angry if you cancel it.
P.s. screw the Vampire Diaries…

aileen March 19, 2013 at 7:13 am

it is a beautiful love story, vampire diaries was great in the start but now it is going nowhere it is pretty repetative, dead alive dead alive .beauty and the beast gives you everything ,drama , romance with a super sexy couple fantastic show live for it

aileen March 19, 2013 at 7:06 am

this is the best show ever ,we need it to keep going

Sam March 19, 2013 at 1:34 am

Lets just say I’m a dedicated vampire diaries fan since season 1. This year, I want VD episode to hurry up already so I could watch beauty and the best at 9 pm

Marsha March 18, 2013 at 8:34 pm

One of the best series on TV and the only reason I watch the CW network. The awesome chemistry between the lead characters feels real and the show keeps getting better with each episode. They could tweak the production values just a bit. I notice the mistakes because I watch each episode at least six times.

Mercedes torre March 18, 2013 at 3:00 pm

We really like it, i think is agood t.b. series it has suspense andd
Romance , all my family likes it, please don’t cancel it

Anne McClelland March 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm

HI As a British TV viewer I can only say I love American TV shows and have watched many since I was a child in the 60′s.I particularly enjoyed the original Beauty and the Beast show with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, but I have to say that the producers have surpassed themselves with this new version and I would be absolutely heartbroken if it were to be cancelled. So to all the relevant folks out there who make these decisions, please continue with this marvelous show. I , for one, would be very appreciative!

Deb Meister March 18, 2013 at 7:35 am

Don’t just like it, us Beastie LIVE it! The characters come alive in every episode; we cry with them, laugh with them, get excited for them, root for them.. sometimes want to hit them over the head but at the end of the day, we LOVE them! There must be something REALLY special about this show to harness the fans that they have and garnered that much popularity overseas. Beauty and the Beast deserves more than a second season… WE WANT MORE!

anna March 18, 2013 at 12:39 am

Love BATB hope CW doesn’t cancel the show. It is the only CW show I watch. Kreuk is so pretty and talented.

sandigo March 17, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I love BATB, completely and utterly hooked. I can’t wait until Thursday nights. This show deserves a second season, please. please don’t cancel

Romwel Remolona March 17, 2013 at 9:17 pm

this deserve a second season.
i love this more than the vampire diaries and pretty little liars. this is more undpredictable vs secret circle. that makes this more exciting and deserving.

Texasgirl March 17, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Look there are very few shows out there that I really like even from the CW. This is one show that I would like to keep seeing. My kids even watch this show. how can you go off tv rating when all you are doing is counting certain things what about the homes that have whole families that watch this show. you may be counting 1 person when in my case there are 6 watching. Stop taking off the good shows and putting crap on the tv. Like I said there are maybe 3 shows this season that the CW has on there channel that I watch and if you take off one more good tv show for crap I will stop watching for good.

pearcecymru March 17, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I hope it gets renewed. I started watching it but wasn’t hooked until ep 9 and from then on it gets better and is now my favoriate. Beauty and the beast will become a hit if it gets another season as word of mouth is growing. Also I work when it is on so have to tape it and etch it the minute I get in. I know a lot of people like this and unfortunately this does not get included in the ratings. Just give it 1 more season and if it still hasn’t improved please give it a really good end for the people who love it.

Joanie March 17, 2013 at 10:13 am

This show has everything excitement, great acting, romance, love, crime, action. The stunts are fantastic. The chemistry that these two actors have with each other makes me feel like it’s real. I have never seen a movie that has this much connection between all the actors. There are so many roads the writers can take with this show. My vote is renew this show for 2nd season.

Kristen March 16, 2013 at 8:50 am

This show has everything, a stellar cast, incredible acting & a plot that has so many avenues it can explore that just the thought of it is incredibly exciting. Not to mention, how cool the sic-fi element is! I mean, me & my brother love the avengers franchise & this will do nicely until the next iron man movie lol;-)