Black Box: TV Show Cancelled by ABC; No Season Two

Black Box TV show on ABC canceledAs expected, ABC has cancelled their summer series Black Box after one season of 13 episodes, reports EW.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The series debuted in late April to a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. It was a mediocre start for the dramatic series and the numbers got progressively worse as new episodes were released. Towards the end of its 13 episode run, Black Box dropped to a 0.6 demo rating with 3.72 million.

The last two episodes aired on July 24th, leaving the main character’s professional fate up in the air.

What do you think? Did you like the Black Box series? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on?

Tiffany January 30, 2015 at 8:12 pm

I don’t know who makes up these “demographic” people but they are real off base about this show! I loved “Black Box”! It’s a little different from the other medical shows. More progressive with the main character having a real disorder that plagues many people in this country. I say bring it back! There are more shows on abc that can be cancelled. It’s a awesome show!!!

Letz January 30, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Bring the show back . I loved the twist the drama to it . Please .

raquel January 30, 2015 at 11:34 am

Bring it back!!! Great show, I loved the characters and every episode. There should be more shows like this on the air!

Camille January 29, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Awesome show!! Bring it back!!

tracy January 28, 2015 at 11:06 pm

This Was a twisted series. This was a dr with realistic problems like anyone else. To close to home. Real life situations we don’t here or see but it happens everyday. You took a very good show off the air. I guess we will keep watching characters in costumes flying and shooting webs I guess that’s real life stuff now. People are afraid to watch something that things that really happen / guess they can’t handle. Too bad great show.

tracy January 28, 2015 at 11:00 pm

bring it back

tracy January 28, 2015 at 10:50 pm

It was a great twisted series. An show with a dr having real life problems and not some phony walking the straight line character. This stuff happens I’m sure in real life we just don’t see it or it’s not announced. Wake up people and use some imagination. You all appauld Spider-Man or other character films but really webs and flying in the sky. Come on; truth hurts when a movie can hit close to home.

Anonymous January 28, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I loved this show, I am so sad to see it isn’t coming back.

Michelle January 28, 2015 at 5:08 am

PLEASE PLEASE bring Black Box back!!!!

Cristine January 26, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Bring this show back. I need more seasons!!

Cristine January 26, 2015 at 1:30 pm

OMG. This was my favorite show. Bring it back! :”(

Charity January 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Are u kidding u need to bring this show back its amazing! no idea why people didn’t catch on

krystal labrador January 23, 2015 at 11:28 am

That’s upsetting, I’ve been waiting for the show to come back on :( I think they should do a second season, then go off those ratings.

Jazmin January 22, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Omg! I Didn’t even know it was cancelled! :((((((

Joie January 21, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Bring it back! My daughter has more than one mental illness, and it’s nice to see a series that’s realistic in this form. Bring it back, or at least air it on the website so we that like it can watch it!