Black Box: TV Show Cancelled by ABC; No Season Two

Black Box TV show on ABC canceledAs expected, ABC has cancelled their summer series Black Box after one season of 13 episodes, reports EW.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

The series debuted in late April to a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.87 million viewers. It was a mediocre start for the dramatic series and the numbers got progressively worse as new episodes were released. Towards the end of its 13 episode run, Black Box dropped to a 0.6 demo rating with 3.72 million.

The last two episodes aired on July 24th, leaving the main character’s professional fate up in the air.

What do you think? Did you like the Black Box series? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Why do you think the show didn’t catch on?

Anonymous March 5, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Disappointed. Bleh

Rocio M. Santana March 2, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I am very disappointed that the show is not being renewed. I did not miss one episode and I liked the acting on the show. What a shame because there is so many other shows out their that should not be on TV. This show looked like it had a very good message about a disease that a lot of people are affected with and have to learn how to deal with. What a shame!! I was really looking forward to watching the season.

Chris Gregurek February 25, 2015 at 9:57 pm

I am not surprised “Blackbox” will not be airing again. The good series usually don’t get a second chance. The show was on late and had little publicity. I am so tired of reality shows. This is why I do not subscribe to paid television, why get hooked on a good show that’s going to get cancelled. It was intriguing, informational, touched a subject that hasn’t been on television, and a great cast. Rookie Blue is another show that was yanked. A family themed show far better than “Hell’s Kitchen” or “Duck Dynasty”.

jmac February 25, 2015 at 5:33 am

Assholes. The business model for network TV is ridiculous. The expectations for revenue are way too high and therefore it’s almost impossible for good shows to survive. What a joke our entertainment industry has become where quality shows die on the vine because they couldn’t hit their unrealistic numbers in a certain demo. That was a damn good show and it deserve to be renewed . If only there was a way to fix the ridiculously broken system that seems to plague every aspect of the United States economy.

Anonymous February 23, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Why do u always cancel good shows

Mariah February 20, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I’m so disappointed a next season won’t be airing. I literally just found out.. All this while I assumed it was just gonna be one of those one-season-a-year tvshows. Sadly, no. I looked forward to this show every week! And to be honest it made me question my entire life! Lol.. I’m studying law but it for me so intrigued by neueroscience. The storyline was really good (besides the predictable office affair Lol) and I’m really going to miss this show. I understand that the ratings were not always the best, but its heartbreaking when people get hooked on these amazing shows and just because it doesn’t appeal to the general public, it gets hacked.

Judy Van Selow February 20, 2015 at 12:15 am

I am very disappointed not see the show renewed. One of the few shows I never missed.
I just hope somehow to see it return