Blue Bloods: Tom Selleck’s New Series for CBS; Cancel or Keep It?

Blue BloodsLast week, CBS premiered their new Friday night cop series, Blue Bloods. This marks the return of Tom Selleck to CBS in a regular TV show. His last series for the network, Magnum PI, lasted for eight seasons. Will this one last as long or be quickly cancelled?

Blue Bloods revolves around the Reagans, a multi-generation family of New York City cops. The series stars Selleck, Bridget Moynahan, Donnie Wahlberg, Will Estes, Len Cariou, and Dylan Moore.

Last week, Blue Bloods debuted to a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 13.01 million total viewers. That was enough to be the most-watched show in its timeslot and for the whole night in both categories.

What do you think of Blue Bloods?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

By historical comparison, that’s a significant improvement in the timeslot. Last season’s sixth season premiere of Numb3rs attracted just a 1.8 in the demo and 8.10 million viewers.

CBS is no doubt very pleased with this performance and, as long as these numbers hold up week after week, it seems like Blue Bloods will be around for quite awhile. Based on a breakdown of the ratings in 15 minute increments, almost all of the people who tuned in for the premiere stayed to watch the entire episode. That’s a good indication that most of them will be back for episode two.

What do you think? Did you tune in to see Blue Bloods? Is the show worth watching or should it be cancelled?

Mary Kimbeger November 16, 2014 at 12:34 am

I love blue bloods can’t wait for Friday night and I work over night shift nbut I get up in time to watch and if I should fall asleep during it I record it One of the best show on TV I t the best. I personally love all the actors

Anonymous November 10, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Blue Bloods is one of the few thinking mans/woman’s crime dramas on television. Tom Selleck is perfect for this role and{no one broods better than he} The rest of the cast is likewise well suited for their particular roles— its just a Damn Good Show!

patrick mccusker November 10, 2014 at 9:51 pm

celia January 18, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I Absolutely love this show. I hope it is on for a long time. It is a very family oriented show. I think all the actors and actresses are supurb .

wandawood October 26, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Like it! One show that still shows family values!!

ed sundstrom October 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm

this is one of the very best shows on t v ,why would anyone want to cancel it???

Liz June 21, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Redneck boring show. Cancel it ASAP, I never could make it through an entire show without falling asleep.

Christine Goodyear May 23, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Love the show, it is a good family show with all the dramas of a modern day family. All the actors are great. Please keep this show going, we look forward to it every week. After all there is not too many other shows that we can watch. We do not have fox tel so the viewing is limited.

harriet October 18, 2013 at 9:34 am

please,please, i look forward to this show every week with my family. so dont cancel it.
that rubish they put on tv these days is sickenning. all the people in my church and at the club love it.

Sandi Boelke May 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Tom Selleck is a great actor and the show is one of the most family orientated themes on TV. The Lord knows we need more family shows-even tho there is some violence because of their professions. Do NOT cancel this wonderful show, which brings up many issues that people can relate to.

Sandi Boelke

Robie Irwin-Casanova April 25, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I love tom selleck, however, his elder son, is a worthless actor and so is his daughter. Granddad and Will estes are fine,