Cancelled or Renewed? CBS TV Shows Status [5/16/13]

cbs-tv-shows-26UPDATE: Added new shows The Crazy Ones, Friends with Better Lives, Hostages, Intelligence, The Millers, Mom, Reckless, and We Are Men. The Job won’t be back. Vegas, Golden Boy, and Rules of Engagement have been canned. CSI: NY has been cancelled after nine seasons. Criminal Minds has been renewed for a ninth season.

Below, you’ll find a list of CBS’ recent/current/upcoming primetime TV shows and their current status. To see a series’ ratings, click the links in the middle column.

Click here to see if there’s a more recent CBS list or, to view past lists.

Here are cancelled/renewed listings for other networks:
ABC | The CW | FOX | NBC | HBO & Cinemax | Showtime & Starz

The Big Bang Theory 6 (24 eps, airing) renewed through season 7 for Fall 2013
Big Brother 15 (?? eps) season debuts 6/26/13
Blue Bloods 3 (23 eps, airing) renewed through season 4
Brooklyn DA 1 (6 eps) series debuts 5/28/13
The Crazy Ones 1 (13 eps) series debuts Fall 2013
Criminal Minds 8 (24 eps, airing) renewed through season 9 for Fall 2013
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 13 (22 eps, airing) renewed through season 14 for Fall 2013
CSI: NY 9 (17 eps, aired) cancelled, finale aired 2/22/13
Two and a Half Men 10 (23 eps, aired) renewed through season 11 for Fall 2013
Under the Dome 1 (13 eps) series debuts 6/24/13
Undercover Boss 4 (13 eps, airing) renewed through season 5 for Fall 2013
Unforgettable 2 (13 eps) season debuts 7/28/13
Vegas 1 (21 eps, aired) cancelled, finale aired 5/10/13
We Are Men 1 (13 eps) series debuts Fall 2013

What do you think? Which CBS shows are your favorites? Which TV shows are you hoping will be renewed for another season?

53 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dorthy says

Love Criminal Minds. Great story lines, terrific casting. Love NCIS andNCIS LA. All the characters are realistic and fun. Love Blue Bloods. Realistic portrayal of NY crime interspersed with realistic NY family life. Love The Mentalist. Fell in love with Simon Baker in his first series. Person of Interest fairly engaging. Elementary a little frenetic until Lucy Liu calms down Sherlock. Two Broke Girls can be a little vulgar, but they all make me laugh. Vegas is boring. Used to live there when the ” big boys” ran the town. Hate Survivor and Big Brother. List me in first season. Struggling to get into Under The Dome. Enjoy 60 mins and 48 hours. But then, being 80 years old, i’m obviously outside the determining demographic of viewers: 18 – 34 .

2. WILLIAM SHERMAN says

I THOUGHT VEGAS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TELEVISION. HOPEFULLY IT WILL RETURN WITH THE SAME CAST.
    WM.SHERMAN

3. says

Still can’t believe CBS cancelled full season of Unforgettable! What were you thinking???
    12 million viewers are not enough? Can’t wait for the summer return! CBS has not had a gritty female lead like Poppy since Cagney and Lacey!

4. Chris says

Vegas was a great show. Vegas deserved a season finale or at least show that carrie ann moss woke up and carrie ann moss and dennis quaid kiss each other.

5. Sue G says

I was really getting into Golden Boy. Poor Chi McBride, he can’t get a break. such a good actor. Why couldn’t they let them close it. Body of Proof, cancelled? Really? One of the better crime shows.I agree with everyone else get rid of the stupid reality shows. If I want to see reality I’ll go out my front door. The only reality show I will watch is Survivor, and not every season. And some of those sitcoms that are just ignorant, not funny at all, ugh.

6. Susan says

I love Vegas! I can’t believe it is being cancelled. It is one of the best shows on TV. This was a really dumb move! What will you put in its place? Another mindless reality show? I am hoping another network will take this over…no more CBS for me.

7. Bonita H. says

Can’t believe they are canceling Vegas…one of the best shows they have…get rid of the freaking reality shows…..

• Louise Molenda says

I agree Vegas is one of the best shows on TV. There are nothing for people around 50 plus. Just a bunch of not funny, crude, reality shows or sitcoms. I am sure glad I don’t have small children, I wouldn’t be able to ever turn on the tv set, until they went to bed. I don’t want to spend my life explaining all the distasteful things they are talking about and doing, and I am far from being a prude. Finally a good show comes on and they take it off.

8. Marianne says

I cannot believe the stupidity of CBS to cancel a show like Vegas and then renew the most inane shows like 2 Broke Girls or How I met your mother. If I never watch the network again it is too soon.

• Craig says

How do you not understand the basic economics of TV? Reading this site should show you that the stupid thing to do would be to cancel two of your highest rated shows and keep one of your lowest rated shows.

9. lk katz says

love vegas … you need to cancel some of those reality shows (I should say borring shows) . I hate that they are teaching our young people ,”how not to work together to reach a winning goal).

10. says

Leave CSI-NY Get rid of Survivor and the rest of the reality shows.
    Vegas was ok. Criminal Minds has gotten bloody, got really tired of the murders. Don’t watch it anymore.

• Donna says

I agree MJ Jones about Criminal Minds. I love the cast but I can’t stand the horrible acts that they portray on this show. There are enough zombies in the real world doing despicable things to people without having to see this crap on TV. I don’t watch it like I use to and missed many episodes and will not watch it again. I am planning on getting rid of my Dish that I had for 6 years because I can watch most shows online and get free movies from my library. I don’t want to be tempted with seeing adds for new dramas which I will not watch because they have taken away too many shows I really liked. I do DVR every thing but rather put my money to better use.