Chicago Fire: NBC Orders Another Episode

Chicago FireThere’s a little good news for NBC’s Chicago Fire. The network has ordered one more episode of the freshman drama, bringing the season total to 23 installments.

Revolving around a group of brave firefighters and paramedics in the Windy City, Chicago Fire debuted in October and features the talents of Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, and Teri Reeves.

The show debuted to a disappointing 1.9 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 6.61 million viewers and then dropped 20% in week two.

The show’s ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have been inching upward, particularly in the new year. Chicago Fire hit a series high on January 2nd, garnering a 2.42 demo rating with 8.54 million.

While it seemed like a longshot for renewal early on, it looks pretty certain that Chicago Fire will see a second season.

What do you think? Do you like Chicago Fire? When did you start watching — at the beginning or later on?

Renee July 15, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Chicago Fire…is a must watch. Not only because I am able to leave my day behind for the hour that it airs but we cant forget this beautiful cast! There were several episodes throughout the season that were less than par however I was very pleased to see the writers heat the screen up with some twists and turns in the final episodes. More of SEVERIDE, CASEY, Dawson and Shay would be nice! It can become cumbersome to find a show to invest my time into only to find it cancelled… I hope NBC is smart and doesn’t let this happen to Chicago Fire

sharon June 13, 2013 at 6:23 pm

my husband and i love it. have watched every show.

thomas gamble April 11, 2013 at 5:16 pm

chicago fire is the best tv show on the air please don,t take it off

Julia from the Burbs March 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Have been watching Chicago Fire from the beginning and I am hooked. Another season is definately in order. The story lines have become better as the season has progressed. Nice to see a succesful show filmed in my hometown.

Linda Pieper March 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Chicago Fire is my All Time Favorite TV Show and I look forward to it every week.
I hope it will go on for a second season and beyond.

Rick C. March 13, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I started watching that new NBC drama show “Chicago Fire” since october 10th of last year and it is a very good fire fighting show and it reminds me of a classic 70′s rescue drama series “Emergency!” so i think that show should go for another rescue again for a second big season this fall 2013, it is a good show, don’t ya think?!

jim crowley March 12, 2013 at 5:03 pm

My wife & I watch Current & MSNBC in order to stay informed. The only network programs we regularly watch are the Good Wife, Criminal Minds, Southland & we added Chicago Fire to the mix this season. My wife does watch History Channel (Ancient Aliens, the Vikings etc) & she likes the Mentalist. I hadn’t watched regularly until February but once I saw a couple of episodes I was hooked, I went back on demand & eventually caught up on all the episodes. The only fault I can find with the series is that I would like to see more rescue scenes, but that’s really a minor point.

Chicago Fire has taken me away from my politics/sports so far but the real test will be if I watch while the White Sox are on. Show reminds me of ER. Was initially drawn to the show because I wanted to see Chicago scenes & because I appreciated what a quality actor Eamon Walker is from his days as Karim Saiid on HBO’s OZ.