Chicago Fire: NBC Orders Another Episode

Chicago FireThere’s a little good news for NBC’s Chicago Fire. The network has ordered one more episode of the freshman drama, bringing the season total to 23 installments.

Revolving around a group of brave firefighters and paramedics in the Windy City, Chicago Fire debuted in October and features the talents of Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, and Teri Reeves.

The show debuted to a disappointing 1.9 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 6.61 million viewers and then dropped 20% in week two.

The show’s ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have been inching upward, particularly in the new year. Chicago Fire hit a series high on January 2nd, garnering a 2.42 demo rating with 8.54 million.

While it seemed like a longshot for renewal early on, it looks pretty certain that Chicago Fire will see a second season.

What do you think? Do you like Chicago Fire? When did you start watching — at the beginning or later on?

Canceled and renewed TV show

37 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Karol says

Intertwining of the character’s lives, drama, tragedy, comic relief in effective story line — all contribute to television worth watching. One of few shows I WILL watch. I can only hope it will be renewed.

2. dido13 says

I think Chicago Fire is one odf the very few shows on worth watching, I don’t understand how it can be facing being cancelled. Who are these people the networks are polling as so many good show are either in trouble or have been cancelled , while a;; the crappy shows are still here. Please do not cancel Chicago Fire PLEASE !!!!!

3. Val says

My husband and I really enjoy Chicago Fire. I have read all the comments below and I agree with all of the positive ones. We hope there will be a season 2, 3, 4….

4. Christine says

Really enjoy Chicago Fire. Have watched it since the beginning and would be disappointed to see it cancelled.

5. deborah schuetz says

This is finally one of the best shows ever, I love the characters and great stroy line. Please keep the show going, this is the only classy show now on tv compared to all the other garbage out there.

6. North Dakota Fan says

I tune in to Chicago Fire every week and I enjoy it every week. I think it is a great program. It definately keep my interest . I am NOT ever channel surfing during this show. Please keep the show coming.

7. Joyce says

I LOVE the show. The cast and the stories. I hope NBC is SMART enough to keep it on for the whole year and on into next year and beyond. Reminds me of a prior show EMERGENCY which was so popular a few years ago. Keep up the good work NBC and Chicago Fire.

8. Paul says

Have been watching it from the beginning. Good basic drama. usual variety of characters, personal lives take the forefront which is always more interesting to me than dozens of explosions and car chases. Well cast. I would watch it if it stays on.

9. Keith says

I have been watching since episode one and I love every aspect of the show. I would love seeing it on the fall schedule.

10. Jeremy Rynek says

Don’t be celebrating just yet, it’s not a done deal. It’s a good show, but like ER, it packs in a lot of extra drama and that can be too much.

11. Samara says

This really is a good show! Compared to most of the other shows this season, “Chicago Fire” is definitely among the best! Great cast, great writing, and a strong sense of integrity, with enough action and plot to keep it interesting and entertaining! I truly hope it gets the renewal it deserves!