Chicago Fire: NBC Orders Another Episode

Chicago FireThere’s a little good news for NBC’s Chicago Fire. The network has ordered one more episode of the freshman drama, bringing the season total to 23 installments.

Revolving around a group of brave firefighters and paramedics in the Windy City, Chicago Fire debuted in October and features the talents of Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Charlie Barnett, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, and Teri Reeves.

The show debuted to a disappointing 1.9 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 6.61 million viewers and then dropped 20% in week two.

The show’s ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have been inching upward, particularly in the new year. Chicago Fire hit a series high on January 2nd, garnering a 2.42 demo rating with 8.54 million.

While it seemed like a longshot for renewal early on, it looks pretty certain that Chicago Fire will see a second season.

What do you think? Do you like Chicago Fire? When did you start watching — at the beginning or later on?

Karol February 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Intertwining of the character’s lives, drama, tragedy, comic relief in effective story line — all contribute to television worth watching. One of few shows I WILL watch. I can only hope it will be renewed.

dido13 February 1, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I think Chicago Fire is one odf the very few shows on worth watching, I don’t understand how it can be facing being cancelled. Who are these people the networks are polling as so many good show are either in trouble or have been cancelled , while a;; the crappy shows are still here. Please do not cancel Chicago Fire PLEASE !!!!!

Annie February 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I am so glad to hear of another season and put it on at 8 p you will pick up more viewers

Val February 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

My husband and I really enjoy Chicago Fire. I have read all the comments below and I agree with all of the positive ones. We hope there will be a season 2, 3, 4….

Christine February 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Really enjoy Chicago Fire. Have watched it since the beginning and would be disappointed to see it cancelled.

deborah schuetz February 1, 2013 at 1:06 pm

This is finally one of the best shows ever, I love the characters and great stroy line. Please keep the show going, this is the only classy show now on tv compared to all the other garbage out there.

North Dakota Fan February 1, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I tune in to Chicago Fire every week and I enjoy it every week. I think it is a great program. It definately keep my interest . I am NOT ever channel surfing during this show. Please keep the show coming.

Debra Hawkes February 1, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I to like the show i watch it on my computer labtop on NBC & i don’t want to see it canceled either.

Joyce February 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I LOVE the show. The cast and the stories. I hope NBC is SMART enough to keep it on for the whole year and on into next year and beyond. Reminds me of a prior show EMERGENCY which was so popular a few years ago. Keep up the good work NBC and Chicago Fire.

Maureen February 1, 2013 at 10:27 am

I have been watching since the beginning and love every minute of it. Keep it going.

Beth January 31, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I love this show, and do not want to see it cancelled.

Paul January 31, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Have been watching it from the beginning. Good basic drama. usual variety of characters, personal lives take the forefront which is always more interesting to me than dozens of explosions and car chases. Well cast. I would watch it if it stays on.

Keith January 31, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I have been watching since episode one and I love every aspect of the show. I would love seeing it on the fall schedule.

Jeremy Rynek January 31, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Don’t be celebrating just yet, it’s not a done deal. It’s a good show, but like ER, it packs in a lot of extra drama and that can be too much.

Samara January 31, 2013 at 5:51 pm

This really is a good show! Compared to most of the other shows this season, “Chicago Fire” is definitely among the best! Great cast, great writing, and a strong sense of integrity, with enough action and plot to keep it interesting and entertaining! I truly hope it gets the renewal it deserves!