CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

vicky March 8, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I injoy watching CSI NY. Please renew this show

vicky March 8, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I feel that CSI NY and NCIS are the best shows on CBS . CSI NY should NOT BE DROPED.

Jill March 8, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Miss CSI. Bring it back soon.

Lu March 7, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Why do you consider even condsider canceling shows that older people love. Younger Moms and Dads are usually busy with childrens activities. Older people are the ones that like and watch shows like CSI NY. My husband and I love this show.

Karen March 7, 2013 at 2:13 am

Csi new york has always been the best csi of the three. Csi vegas has been the weakest of them all, although while I personally do not care for ted danson his character has been renewing to the show. Csi ny should not be cancelled!! Csi vegas probably should be. By THE WAY…GOLDEN BOY SUCKS!! Cancel it quick before it goes any farther. At least the csi shows give you a plot to follow nd try to figure out what is happening. Also what gives with hawaii 5-o? Please don’t cancell one of the best shows to come along in a decade.

John March 6, 2013 at 10:50 pm

One of the best shows on TV. They have been trying to get rid of it since they moved it to Friday and for it to still be going shows it is very good indeed

Bob March 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Of the two CSI’s left, I prefer NY. Though I think Ted Danson has made a great addition, if one was to be cancelled, I choose CSI Vegas to go.

Bob March 6, 2013 at 3:49 pm

One of the best programs around. It would be a shame to cancel

Mary Bearden March 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Please keep CSI:New York. I enjoy this one so much better than the orginal and CSI:Miami. I realize to you ratings may be down,but this is the best one out of all three. Put it a better time and it may be better and get your ratings. The technology and cast are awesome. I even watch reruns on another channel. Keep this one and take off the orginal-that one is ucky and weird!

Stephania Owumi March 4, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I love CSI NY i want then to renewed for season 10.

farristiine d herring March 4, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Please bring it back

don and bev March 4, 2013 at 8:05 am

Hi,
We love CSI NY and would love to see more seasons.
Don & Bev

Allen March 3, 2013 at 4:41 pm

It makes no sense this show draws 10 million viewers yet the so called demagrafic is all that matters. It seems that if a show had 5 million viewers with the right demagrafic it gets renewed. People who are outside of the 18 to 64 do have lots of dispensable income. To base if a show stays or goes on age borders on age discrimination.

William March 2, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Well lets start a boycott of all the sponsers who adrvise on CBS if they cancell CSI NY

Zori Cohen March 2, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I too love CSI: NY..the season finale left me waiting for Mack getting married and having kids…The cast has great “chemistry” :) and I love watching all the science and since I grew up in NY and am an MD it’s great to watch NY and the lab work…I’d love to see Flack and Mack get married, Lindsay have her next kid and everyone go on with happy family lives, and how work and family can be good together.
I agree, I watched Golden Boy and didn’t like it..maybe moving CSI: NY to Tuesday at 10 would be the best move. Or Wed at 8pm..before criminal minds and CSI..I agree it would be good to have Grissom show up again on CSI. Sarah seems so stressed out. I do love Ted Danson, it would be fun if his wife on tv was his real wife…
FYI-person of interest is one of my favorite shows on tv..and does anyone have trouble understanding Jonny Lee Miller’s lines on Elementary?