Dracula: Season One Ratings

Dracula TV show on NBC ratingsThe peacock network has found ratings success with the dark Grimm series on Friday nights. Is there room for another spooky thriller or will Dracula be cancelled quickly like so many other series? Stay tuned!

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

5/10 update: NBC has cancelled Dracula after one season and 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Ralley Winters December 6, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I love this show. Such a relief from the 14 year old vampire trend! It has gotten consistently better every week, even though I have to agree that the first episode was boring. Please keep it on the air.

Mads December 6, 2013 at 7:03 am

I’m starting to really enjoy this series. Having recently read Bram Stoker’s Dracula I find it quite a fascinating take on the original story! I hope it’s renewed for another season at least. I find Jonathon Rhys-Meyers brilliant in the lead role!

Jessica December 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I absolutely love this show. It is beautifully done. I am relishing the tension between characters and the set and costume design is beautiful.

Sandy December 4, 2013 at 1:22 am

This show is fantastic…Being a horror fan I find this one unusual, visually stunning, enthralling, and true to the book. OF COURSE a guy wouldn’t like it…the actor is sooo… good looking and a great actor as well. Men are jealous of him.

Leigh November 30, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Save this show!!! It is terrific!!! Well told. Great acting. Give it a chance

Kate November 28, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I am a UK viewer. I look forward to this show every week for many reasons. I love the casting choices, the interesting relationship between Dracula and Van Helsing, the drama, the costumes and the romance. It would be a huge disappointment were it not renewed considering the large amount of dull and repetitive tv shows around. Here’s hoping for a second series!

Jason November 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This show is original and I love the storyline. hopefully nbc will do something smart an renew it for another season

Carol November 26, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I agree, it’s unusual. We enjoy it. If you want to see bad acting and plain bad and boring, look at what will be renewed- S.H.I.E.L.D.- I say SHI. is the proper start.

Kate November 28, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I sincerely hope so.

Galy November 26, 2013 at 12:11 am

First let me say that I LOVE Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He was so hot as Henry VIII on The Tudors. I was so excited when I learned that he was starring in Dracula. I awaited the first episode with much anticipation. I am sorry to say that I am no longer watching. I barely made it through episode 1 but sat for a second. That is all I can stand. His American accent really bothers me. It is horrible. I hate to say that because, did I mention that I really LOVE Jonathan Rhys Meyers. In addition to the accent, I find the show very slow, boring, really.

Carol November 26, 2013 at 10:22 am

I have no idea why you see it as boring. We don’t. It is a totally different take on the subject. We don’t watch any other programs of that type of genre. I have seen far worse acting on shows rated high.

Carol Sumilas Boshears November 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

For sure it should be renewed. It is well done and acted, and finally has a different take on dracula. We enjoy it a lot. Why would they place it in the death spot?? Nothing will beat the competition anyway, so they might as well let fans enjoy something. Bluebloods too family syrupy for me.
Carol

Jerome November 19, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I truly believe this Dracula is almost as good as others I have seen
I enjoy a great story plot and this is doing just great.
You see other vampires wearing rings to stay in the sun but this
One is original an I enjoy watching it every Friday. I really hope it stays
On the air for another season. There’s so many stupid dumb shows going on
right now and still people likes that stuff.
Either way I’m a huge fan of the original Dracula and I believe this series is doing well.
Of course this is my opinion. :-)

Why Watch November 4, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Will give this show a couple more watches, though ratings decline seem to have hit already. I did enjoy seeing the early horseless carriage in episode 2.

Tha Critic November 4, 2013 at 12:15 am

Two things I’m really sick of in Hollywood: the stupid vampire trend, and the overblown tendency to re-tell the same stories over and over again (remakes). So if rooting for this to fail, even if it’s good.

Tha Critic November 4, 2013 at 12:17 am

*I’m rooting for this to fail, even if it’s good.

beveri8469 November 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm

watched 20min of it and found it boring.
hit the delete key on dvr and not giving this show a shot.

Donna October 27, 2013 at 1:49 am

I wasn’t going to watch any more new shows but glad I recorded this when I found out that Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Dracula) was King Henry VIII in the Tudors. I love him and so damn sexy. I would watch it just for him.

Gary Turnbull October 26, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I saw this, well I tried to see it. The acting and writing were SO BAD that I’m sure we’ll get two episodes or so before this thing is run through with a wooden stake.