Grimm: Season Two Ratings

NBC Grimm ratings The Grimm TV series was a surprise hit for NBC on Friday nights last season. Will the TV show’s ratings hold up in season two?

Below are the TV series’ ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Grimm is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two. The show typically airs on Monday or Friday nights.

Final season averages: 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.18 million total viewers.

Episode 02-22: Tuesday, 05/21/13
1.7 in the demo (0% change) with 4.99 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-21: Tuesday, 05/14/13
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.36 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.19 million.

Episode 02-20: Tuesday, 05/07/13
1.8 in the demo (-5% change) with 5.67 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-19: Tuesday, 04/30/13
1.9 in the demo (+46% change) with 5.77 million (+19% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 5.15 million.

Episode 02-18: Friday, 04/26/13
1.3 in the demo (-13% change) with 4.85 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.59 in the demo with 5.12 million.

UPDATE: NBC has renewed this show for 2013-14 and has ordered 22 episodes.

Note: NBC supposedly played an original episode on April 19th but it was either interrupted or not shown in most markets due to breaking news coverage. As a result, final ratings were not issued for the program.

Episode 02-17: Friday, 04/05/13
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 5.13 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 5.13 million.

Episode 02-16: Friday, 03/29/13
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 4.86 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.62 in the demo with 5.13 million.

Episode 02-15: Friday, 03/22/13
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 5.00 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 5.15 million.

Episode 02-14: Friday, 03/15/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 4.91 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.65 in the demo with 5.16 million.

Episode 02-13: Friday, 03/08/13
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 4.90 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-12: Friday, 11/16/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.03 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.21 million.

NBC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-11: Friday, 11/09/12
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.21 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.69 in the demo with 5.22 million.

Episode 02-10: Friday, 11/02/12
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 5.64 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.69 in the demo with 5.22 million.

Episode 02-09: Friday, 10/26/12
2.0 in the demo (+33% change) with 6.11 million (+22% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.18 million.

Episode 02-08: Friday, 10/19/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.03 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.64 in the demo with 5.06 million.

Episode 02-07: Friday, 10/12/12
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 5.01 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.66 in the demo with 5.06 million.

Episode 02-06: Friday, 10/05/12
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 5.29 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.67 in the demo with 5.07 million.

Episode 02-05: Friday, 09/28/12
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 5.32 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 5.03 million.

Episode 02-04: Monday, 09/03/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 4.62 million.
Season averages: 1.70 in the demo with 4.96 million.

Episode 02-03: Monday, 08/27/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 4.67 million (-5% change)
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 5.07 million.

Episode 02-02: Monday, 08/20/12
1.7 in the demo (-15% episode-to-episode change) with 4.9 million (-13% change)
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 5.27 million.

Episode 02-01: Monday, 08/13/12
2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.64 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 5.64 million.

Reference point: The first season of Grimm averaged a 1.5 rating in the demographic with 5.02 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Grimm TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Lori November 9, 2012 at 5:06 pm

What is happening with Grimm? They announced last week that there were only two episodes left? I know they started early, but they haven’t had a full season of episodes yet. Please do not cancel Grimm, it’s the best!

Lori November 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm

What is going on with Grimm? I heard last week they said there was only 2 episodes left, why? I know it started early, but they still haven’t had a full season yet. Are they gonna bring it back after Christmas maybe? Please DON’T cancel it!

admin November 9, 2012 at 8:05 pm

They ordered 22 episodes this season and the 11/16 installment will be the 12th. They must have been talking about having just two new episodes left for this year. They’ll air some repeats and then it will be back in mid-January I believe.

Trish November 6, 2012 at 2:28 am

Love Grimm. Excellent show with great characters and plots. Keep it coming.

SNAPPS October 30, 2012 at 11:35 am

I love Grimm this season, and I think it’s on a strong streak right now. It’s better than I remember of last year’s episodes when I first started watching. I depend on my Hopper DVR on a nightly basis since I work at that time. I didn’t have a way to watch my favorite primetime shows until the upgrade. I didn’t know I could get my all my primetime recorded until my coworker at DISH told me about the PrimeTime Anytime feature. My Hopper will record all four major networks every night on one TV, which leaves all my other TV’s available to watch. I’m able to bring peace to the house now that the wife and kids can watch TV while my shows record. I don’t have to worry about timer conflicts or priority of my shows with this sweet feature.

kathy October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Love Grimm and the story line. Better than all the reality shows. Hope it continues

Rhonda October 28, 2012 at 6:35 am

Love Grimm, never miss it, I dvr in case I’m not going to be able to watch it. I love these unique shows beets the hell out of reality tv.

michael norquest October 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

“Grimm” is one of the best public relations and advertising mediums that the State of Oregon ever found by accident. If you hadn’t heard or read some of the comments on television or in the travel colums of newspapers or magazines or bloggers about that quirky place out in the Northwest which isn’t quite Seattle but certainly is zanny, a few episodes of “Grimm” might want to make you check out the place. What you see of the city in each episode is pretty much you get in real life…well maybe not all those trick or treat characters for whom everyday is Halloween.
“Grimm”–I am surprised that the creators have been able to keep up the quality in Season II; I find the characters appealing, especially Monroe and his on again, off again apothocary ladyfriend. All the main characters with continuing roles–who wouldn’t want to know them or at least nod in recognition when you see one of them ordering a double tall latte with nonfat?

Andrea October 22, 2012 at 7:32 am

I hope Grimm has many seasons, this show is great

Eileen Souza October 20, 2012 at 9:04 am

Grimm is thoroughly enjoyed in our house but we record it and watch it later. We had Five shows we recorded and watched: Grimm. The Finder, Person of Interest, Sherlock and Once Upon a Time. All deserve additional seasons. They are great shows. Of course Fox did not renew the Finder so now there are only three shows we watch.

For this season, we tried Vegas and Elementary but eh! Stopped recording after watching the first two of each.

Georgia October 14, 2012 at 11:13 am

Great show! Never miss an episode. It just has to be renewed!

Bruiser September 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

Keep this show on it keeps you guessing as to what’s going to happen and makes you want to know more about the creatures who surround you. Makes me want to move to Oregon!

geri August 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Like tbis show a lot. Glad Hank knows.

Gary August 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I love Grimm! I never miss a show. I also have my best friend, mom, and dad hooked on it now. I would hate to see it canceled.

Duane August 15, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Glad they renewed it! Major star for his mother was a surprise.

Anthony August 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm

When this show began, I was “meh” about it, but it improved over the course of the season, kept my interest with the finale, and had a great premier last night. I hope they keep it up!

Ellen August 15, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I agree with your assessment. I stuck it out because of the flashes of originality and the show really picked up over season one. I thought the first episode of Season 2 really knocked it out of the park. I am so glad they launched early. It will give new viewers a chance to sample it before the field becomes crowded with the new and returning series. I hope it continues to improve and climb in the ratings.