Harry’s Law: Half of the Cast Not Returning for Season Two

Though Harry’s Law was renewed for a second season, half of the cast won’t be back this fall. According to TV Line sources, both Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen are out for season two.

Reportedly, the parting of the ways was a mutual decision and both performers have been invited to return as guest stars — possibly to give secretary Jenna and paralegal Malcolm a proper farewell. Kathy Bates and Nate Corddry are returning for the new season and presumably some new series regulars will be added.

Harry’s Law started out strong for the peacock network but lost steam as the season progressed, particularly in the 18-49 demographic. It was renewed for a second season likely because NBC has a lot of other schedule holes to fill and the TV series attracts a large overall audience.

For the 2011-12 season, Harry’s Law is slated to air in the 9pm timeslot on Wednesday nights.

What do you think? Will you miss Jenna and Malcolm? Will you stick with the series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

70 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I am very selective about TV watching, but am thrilled to find that Harry’s Law will return. This show is very rewarding to watch, and I am satisfied each time I watch an episode.

2. ddh says

I can’t wait for season two to begin. Cast changes can cause issues but I don’t think that Jenna or Malcolm carried the show by any means. Kathy is who I want to see and the story lines are great. I hope it’s around for a long, long while!

3. Lorraine from Florida says

I Love the show! Yes, I am very sorry to hear about the cast change. We will continue to follow the show…we enjoy the entire cast, the acting, the story ine. Thank you for Harry’s Law. Its a beautiful thing. Let’s keep it going for years!

4. Caron says

Will be very excited to see the new season. Hope they don’t cancel it mid-season as if the show didn’t exist like they did Chase. Give a show a chance.

5. Sandra says

Not now. They were both great characters until you put them together and we had to watch them bicker back and forth. I can do that at home. Keep them, but as co-workers.

6. Olivia says

If Jenna will be gone what will happen to the shoes? The show made it so sexy and classy in a different way because of that. I love all the cast in this show. And I really love this show.

7. Olivia says

I will miss Jeanna and Malcom, I love Harry’s Law. I feel so releave when I learned that there will be next season. I love you Kathy Bates!

8. Jean says

I think Harry’s Law was the most innovative show on TV last year. I am sick to death of cop shows and think the reality shows are stupid. Anyone with any mental capacity of 1 can have them. I will not miss Snow and Ameen. The other characters were so much stronger. I loved the neighborhood “caretaker”. He was a riot! As for the age slot that needs filling – I think maybe the subject matter is too advanced for them. They might do better with the reality shows. It doesn’t take much sense to figure them out. Give me something I can sink my teeth into. Harry’s Law is a breath of fresh air and a FABULOUS SHOW!!

9. Wendrfl says

I love this show and will certainly still watch. Although I think they could’ve built Malcolm’s part, I never really knew the purpose of Jenna anyway! I don’t think it will have any bearing on the show. I can’t wait for Sept. 21st!

10. Betsy Hansche says

Absolutely I will still watch the series. The Malcolm and Jenna Characters never did develop into anything interesting and I always thought of them as filler. Nothing against the actors but that part of the show was just a false start for the writers in my opinion. I was really blown away with the closing of the last show! Who knew he could sing.

11. Nova Scotia fan says

I love the show, couldn’t wait for the next week to get here to watch it. Kate Bates is so good in the show. I will miss Malcolm and Jenna I always had a good laugh. Nate also made me laugh. All I can say is I love the show and can’t wait for the new season to start.

12. eganville fan says

I love Harry’s Law and anxiously await season two. It was my favourite show this past season. I like all the characters and am sorry to see Jenna and Malcolm leave but am sure the show is strong enough to carry on. I love Kathy Bates in this and Nate Corddry is a breath of fresh air on TV.

13. Patty Sypniewski says

Love Harry’s Law and can hardly wait for new season to begin. Will miss Jenna and Malcom members but looking forward to other character introductions. Kathy Bates is one of our finest actresses. I compare here with Britain’s Judy Dench and Helen Miren