HawthoRNe: Cast Reacts to TV Show Cancellation

HawthoRNe canceledIn case you haven’t heard, TNT has cancelled HawthoRNe after three seasons on the air. The medical drama ran for 30 episodes total, from June 2009 until August 2011. HawthoRNe’s ratings started out strong but dipped each season. It was the lowest-rated drama on TNT this summer except for Men of a Certain Age, a drama that was cancelled after two seasons on the air.

Series star Jada Pinkett Smith broke the news to her fans by writing, “Hey everyone…if you don’t know Hawthorne will not be returning for another season. I want to say thank you to all the fans for being Hawthorne soldiers. All our facebook fans…twitter soldiers and viewers…you held us down. Of course you know there is more to come…believe it!”

Following a steamy scene between Smith and costar Marc Anthony, there were rumors that the two were having an affair. Supposedly, she and her husband, Will Smith, were also splitting up. The Smiths issued a statement last week that addressed the rumors, “Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false. We are still together, and our marriage is intact.”

Vanessa Lengies (CNO Kelly Epson) sympathized with HawthoRNe fans who were sad about the show’s demise and tweeted, “Loyal HawthoRNe followers, u know if it was up 2 me I would play Kelly 4 you til you asked me 2 stop.” She also posted a few backstage photos of herself and the cast.

Aisha Hinds (Isabel Walsh) was upset by the cancellation news and wrote, “:-( Boooo!!! Love my HawthoRNe Family!”

What do you think? Are sorry to see the TV series end? Could HawthoRNe have been saved?

LaQuesha June 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

I agree with all of you. I love this show and I don’t understand how the ratings were so low! But what I did was Write to TNT to bring back HawthoRNe at http://support.tntdrama.com/​ics/support/​default.asp?deptID=5477
You can copy and paste my email or write your own. When I get in contact with a corporate member addresss I’ll let you all know so that we can email them too. This is the email I sent:

To whom it may Concern,
My name is __________ and I live in __________. As you may know this is around the time for the last three years when a new season of HawthoRNe premieres. I’m writing you in regards to the cancelled TV Show starring Jada Pinkett Smith. Myself, along with several others are interested in seeing several more seasons of this TV show we would like for you to bring HawthoRNe back. Season 3 left us wondering; “what’s next?” So please if possible please bring back HawthoRNe, preferably with the same actors/actress. If there is anything we need to do, to make this happen, please let me know. Thanks for taking time to read this message.

I hope you all do this because I would really love to know who shot Nick and I was so confident that Christina and Tom would be back together, I want to know the outcome of this show! Please bring HawthoRNe back.

Kathleen June 16, 2012 at 11:30 am

I agree with the people that commented that every time that a new tv series is put on the air, it gets cancelled. I have watched a lot of new tv series in the pass and got involved with the series like Hawthorn, and it gets cancelled. A lot of the dry comedy series should be cancelled.

Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Why is it everytime I find a good show 2 watch it gets cancelled this is crazy love the show looked forward 2 it every week now you’re taking it off the air with unanswered question wow what a hell of a way 2 leave ur loyal fans DAMN………

Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 9:07 am

I have been waiting for Season 4 of HawthoRNe. I am very dissappointed that this show was canceled. I really love the cast. Jada Pinkett is AWESOME in this role. The show has so much potential. It was my favorite show. Looked forward to Tuesday nights.

dian June 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm

A great show is being forced to “bite the dust.” I don’t believe the ratings were that low … I haven’t heard anything but love for the show and high anticipation for a new season. What’s the real story?? The truth will come out sooner or later and I bet it’s not pretty … so goes the country lately. This is ridiculous!

Mimi June 1, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Disappointed in the TNT Network. Hawthorne was a FANTASTIC show! Please reconsider and bring Hawthorne back, please.

Leslie May 26, 2012 at 7:46 am

It really makes me mad that I finally find a show that I love to watch and then they cancel it. I hate reality TV, I just want things back the way they were when I was younger. Back then we had our choice of alot of good shows with good stories. In the studios effort to save money they would rather have reality TV than to pay actors. I would rather not even watch TV any more. I would love to see my favorite Drama back on TV. Please bring Hawthorne back.

Michelle jones May 22, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Who got shot at the end last series we have a lot of. Unanswered questions

Anonymous May 22, 2012 at 8:25 pm

We need to know who was shot at the end ? There was a lot of unanswered questions! I was a true hawthorne fan I even had people come over my house to watch we were hooked and we want answers

Elizabeth May 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I just found out that Hawthorne is not going to be coming on this summer and I am saddened. It was a great show with a great cast. Is there any other network that can pick it up and at least show us what was going to happen…. : . (

ElizaJane May 14, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I really liked this show and I hate to see it being cancelled.

Debra Thompson May 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Personally, I thought HawthoRNe was the best thing TNT had to offer!!
The only other series I watched regularly was HawthoRNe, Desperate Housewives, and Grey’s Anatomy!!! I
watch sports most of the time, but would give up the game to watch your show

Victoria May 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I AGREE! I hate when a TV show is canceled & especially when you are left with a big cliffhanger!! I loved the show, I watched it from the very first episode. I wish they would give it another chance OR another network would pick it up but I feel it’s just too late now. A big slap in the face for the loyal Hawthorne fans!!! :(

Becky April 26, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Once again it wasn’t bad enough you left us hanging but then you cancelled another great show. Please consider bringing Hawthorne back!!!

Jen April 6, 2012 at 11:15 am

I cant believe that its not going to renew the program. It was a great show. They should have at least ended it with some closure to all the characters that way we could have at least accepted that. I have been looking forward for the summer!!!!!